CANADA Canada - Michael Dunahee, 4, Victoria, BC, 24 March 1991

The latest episode (March 8) brought up some really good points. Could Michael have been taken by other children? Similar to the James Bulger case (where two 10 year olds abducted and killed a 2 year old child).

Last edited:
The latest episode (March 8) brought up some really good points. Could Michael have been taken by other children? Similar to the James Bulger case (where two 10 year olds abducted and killed a 2 year old child).

No, I really don't think so due to all the circumstances, such as the way Michael Dunahee disappeared so quickly implying a vehicle was most certainly used in the abduction, amongst other factors.

Last edited:
Yes, I think if he had been taken away by other children, they most certainly would have found them in their search, it was just an interesting point that was brought up in the podcast that I hadn't thought of before.

Feb 17 2023 By Laura Palmer
1676771192788.png
''A man in a brown van was allegedly observed trying to lure a child into the vehicle, using McDonald’s toys as an enticement.

A woman named Bev Morrison saw what was happening and intervened, leading to a verbal altercation between her and the driver of the van.

She called the police. An officer assigned to the traffic division arrived but by the time they got there, the driver and the van were gone.''

''The ‘man in the brown van’ passed away on Vancouver Island last year. Now, the podcast series ‘Missing Michael’ is taking a fresh look at the earlier alleged attempted abduction and asking whether it could be connected to Michael Dunahee’s case.''

''If you have information about the disappearance of Michael Dunahee, please go to Michaeldunahee.ca and click on the report a tip button. You can also report a tip here.''

Attachments

• 1676770992317.png
    1676770992317.png
    457 KB · Views: 0
March 24 2023
1679753090425.png

''In 2021, to mark the 30th year of him being missing, BC RCMP forensic sketch artist Cpl. Virginia Bernier made a sketch of what Dunahee might look like now.

At the same time as the age-enhanced sketch was released, VicPD created a dedicated portal for tips on what may have happened to the 4-year-old.

The Dunahee family’s tragedy is beyond words and their resilience over the years has been commendable.

They hold the Michael Dunahee ‘Keep the Hope Alive’ Run annually — an event that’s become a fixture of the community throughout Greater Victoria.

Every year, families and individuals from throughout the region gather in Esquimalt to run and walk in order to keep Michael’s name on the forefront of the police’s and the public’s minds.

VicPD Chief Del Manak has frequently joined the Dunahee family on the run and will do so again this year.''

I’m surprised that there isn’t more discussion on the recent episodes of the Missing Michael podcast: Episode’s 11 & 12 The Man in the Brown Van! It’s very suspicious that the man’s wife (or partner, I can’t recall) will not talk to the podcast host.

I wonder if it would be possible to have NCMEC feature Michael Dunahee on their site again, especially in light of the recent age-progressed sketch and the podcast. His case was profiled on America’s Most Wanted back in 1991:

For whatever reason his case was removed from the website and many Canadian cases aren’t featured on NCMEC unfortunately…

I’m surprised that there isn’t more discussion on the recent episodes of the Missing Michael podcast: Episode’s 11 & 12 The Man in the Brown Van! It’s very suspicious that the man’s wife (or partner, I can’t recall) will not talk to the podcast host.

I wonder if it would be possible to have NCMEC feature Michael Dunahee on their site again, especially in light of the recent age-progressed sketch and the podcast. His case was profiled on America’s Most Wanted back in 1991:

For whatever reason his case was removed from the website and many Canadian cases aren’t featured on NCMEC unfortunately…
I've not heard the podcast at all, but am quite familiar with Michael's case. I'm not at all surprised that the wife / partner of brown van driver won't talk to the podcast. Why on earth would she? It can only bring suspicion and negativity into her life. Anything she might say would be heavily scrutinized by the media and ourselves. I wouldn't do it either, even if I knew 100% that my man was innocent.

This is actually old news. I’m pretty sure they did a DNA test on this guy and it wasn’t Michael Dunahee.
They did and it wasn’t Michael. I can’t imagine the rollercoaster for Michael’s family though, or for the young man who was brave enough to come forward.

I was surprised as well. The Brown Van guy was the best suspect I came across in my exploration of the case. I'd like to believe the police are continuing to look at the pair, but they aren't talking to me at this time. As for his partner, I spoke with her twice on the phone and once in her home albeit briefly. It's my sense she knows something.

New installment, woman who thought she witnessed the abduction of Michael Dunahee. I am really surprised to hear about these possible eye witness accounts, especially the one by the now elderly woman. I hadn't heard any of them till recently, and I live in the region. https://island-crime.simplecast.com/episodes/s3-e8-a-stranger-abduction
I found Norma to be credible. Retired Victoria Detective Al Cochrane told me he and his partner found her credible when they interviewed her. Eye witness accounts can be unreliable. But she was one of at least three witnesses who saw a similar-looking brown van that day.

There is a new podcast about Michael Dunahee’s disappearance titled “Missing Michael” which posted its first episode today. It is done by Laura Palmer and it was done in cooperation with family and friends of Michael. If you’ll search on iTunes you’ll find it!

I can’t believe this year will mark 31 years and still no answers! Someone has to know something!

What happened to Michael Dunahee? Podcast dives into missing Victoria boy's case
Hey folks. If anyone here has any questions or thoughts on the 'Missing Michael' series that could move the story forward please let me know. I'm still chipping away. lp

Hey folks. If anyone here has any questions or thoughts on the 'Missing Michael' series that could move the story forward please let me know. I'm still chipping away. lp
I wonder if it would be possible to ask NCMEC (National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children) to again include Michael as one of their Canadian missing children on their website, especially in light of the newest sketch of what Michael would look like from 2021? I also wonder why they removed him in the first place since he was on “America’s Most Wanted”?

1697331043722.png
Oct. 14, 2023
''The family of a Victoria boy who went missing more than 30 years ago says a man claiming to be their son is an imposter.

A recent post on the "We Will Never Forget Michael Dunahee" Facebook page references posts and messages from a person claiming to be the missing boy.

"We can confirm he is not," the post reads. "We are working closely with the police to ensure he gets the help he needs."

''Victoria police confirm they've been in contact with the Dunahee family about the situation referenced in the post.

The Facebook post advises members not to engage in conversations with the Dunahee impersonator.

"Most importantly, please do not send him money as he was requesting," the post reads. "Thank you for your compassion for all involved."

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have Michael Dunahee listed again on NCMEC’s website? America’s Most Wanted
covered his case back in 1991, but he’s no longer listed on the NCMEC site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back