Christopher Clements indicted for Isabel Celis & Maribel Gonzales homicides
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

CANADA Canada - Mitchell's Bay, ON, BlkMale, 23-27, 1985 coin, Mar'87

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by airplanelamp, Jun 10, 2014.

1. airplanelamp

airplanelamp New Member

OPP are trying to ID the remains of a black male, 23-27 found at Mitchell's Bay, ON in 1987. New composite released.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2014/06/10/opp-continue-to-investigate-human-remains

[​IMG]

2. jessica-

jessica- Member

I came across Joe Hill guy but he has no other pictures to compare.
    (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10633/37?current_page=physical_characteristics)

Joe Hill
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 170
    Last Seen September 1981
    Missing in Michigan, approx 1-2 hrs away.
    Car left at Charter Township (14 minutes from lake St. Clair which boarders Wallaceburg)

Not to sure but could he have floated across? I know to drive there and dump the car off it would take 2+hours, but where the car was last seen (14 minutes away from Lake St. Clair) and where the body was found could he had been dumped in the lake and drifted?

Attached Files:

3. CCart

CCart Verified registered nurse

I haven't seen where they've estimated a date of death. They state skeletal remains but were able to determine drowning to be the COD - I thought the only way to do that was if the lungs were present. So I'm thinking he hadn't been dead for that that long?

4. airplanelamp

airplanelamp New Member

I actually do think he could be a viable prospect. It would be possible (I think) for him to have traveled across the lake.

5. PepperP

PepperP New Member

I see so many similarities b/w Joe and the UID. i think you should submit.

6. jessica-

jessica- Member

I did submit it, I got an email back today thanking me for the tip and that it was being processed immediately.

7. puppyraiser

puppyraiser Active Member

One important piece of information missing from the most recent article is the fact that coins were found on the body, one being a 1985 coin.

Article from March 2012 http://www.examiner.com/article/25-years-later-body-found-mitchell-s-bay-still-unidentified

"... Police were able to estimate that the man died sometime in the two years prior to the discovery of his body. Coins found on the body included one that was distributed after March of 1985, so he could have met his demise in Mitchell's Bay any time after that, up until early 1987..."

8. jessica-

jessica- Member

Well guess it isn't Joe since he went missing in 81, doubt he would pick up and go to Canada since his car was found abandoned. Amazing how one little piece of information can turn things around, wish I found that sooner so I didn't waste their time ...ooops

9. PepperP

PepperP New Member

I'm sure they appreciate any tip, not to mention Joe's family. Hugs.
    Back to it!