Height
178cm / 5 ft 10 in to 185cm / 6 ft 1 in
Weight
63kg / 139lb to 67kg / 148lb
Build
Slender/Thin
Complexion
Dark

Looked around but couldn't find this one anywhere. Such a recent and well-publicised case, I had hoped he would have been named by someone by now. On April 22nd or 23rd, 2016, a man jumped in front of an oncoming train on the Montreal metro at Charlevoix station (train direction to Angrignon). This station is in a fairly residential area of Montreal. He has not yet been identified, but his post mortem is available, and the artists' reconstruction looks very well done. His age is anywhere between 30 and 50, but he looks to be on the younger side of that scale. In a city of over a million people, I'm surprised no one knows him from school, work or as a neighbour.

Attachments

• showImage.jpeg
    showImage.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi @Bopit, this case nags on me as well; I think it's the eerie post-mortem photo they released. It looks modified in some way, but I can't put my finger on it. Very uncanny valley.
WARNING- POSTMORTEM
This would be a very obvious ID so I hope Montreal PD has looked into, but does anyone else think he looks like Mohamed Qazi with his hair cut? He went missing from Montreal, along with his friend and a dog, 3 years prior to this suicide. Police have found that they were both involved in organized crime, and think the 2 may have been murdered. The big difference is that Mohamed was 5'7" and this man is estimated to be no shorter than 5'10".
showImage
showImage

I think what gets me is the button nose - it's an uncommon nose shape for African/Middle Eastern men, and definitely distinctive. The little moustache right on top of the top lip is also unique. The UID also has a 'pushed out' piece of cartilage in his external ear (idk the correct term) and it seems like Mohamed also does??? I wish I could see Mohamed's teeth.
It's such an obvious choice for this guy tho, I want to believe PD has ruled it out.

Bumping this up as its still nagging on me. Hi @bombardier , apologies, only just saw your messages. That's a good catch. I note the moustache style is also very.... strange. I grew up in Montreal and few people wear their facial hair like that, tightly along the lip. That said, the hairline and eyebrows seem wrong to me, and both cases are still active. One thing that weirds me out is that I can not for the life of me find the t-shirt he is wearing anywhere, what is MTBONWE?????

Thanks for reminding me @Bopit ! I actually got an e-mail back from the Montreal RCMP that states that they have done a DNA comparison and Qazi is NOT this UID. Darn it! I really thought it be a match. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Bumping this up as its still nagging on me. Hi @bombardier , apologies, only just saw your messages. That's a good catch. I note the moustache style is also very.... strange. I grew up in Montreal and few people wear their facial hair like that, tightly along the lip. That said, the hairline and eyebrows seem wrong to me, and both cases are still active. One thing that weirds me out is that I can not for the life of me find the t-shirt he is wearing anywhere, what is MTBONWE?????
It's definitely a weird shirt - there is a good photo of it on his Unidentified Wiki page. The graphic is from an anime/manga and it says 'MTBONWE', 'MTW', 'fashion casual wear', 'jeans collection', and 'superior design'. It looks like a typical knock-off type shirt I see advertised from cheap Chinese-based companies (like romwe or shein) where the design is trendy but the actual English words don't make any sense. ;)
This leads me to suspect that this young man may be a recent arrival to Canada and doesn't know much English, and so just bought the shirt because he liked the design.
(I did find a pic online of another guy with a shirt that says 'MTBONWE - opersonality and handsome' which goes with my theory)

I can't link his wiki page (not approved media source? idk) but you can search for him under "Montreal Jane Doe (2016)"

I've taken a look at it seems everyone wearing a shirt from the "brand" is either somewhere in Africa or India. Seems you're right on the money about the type of product the shirt is. I wonder if this poor soul came over from a country in Africa and did not find what he was looking for here. The area has many immigrants so it makes sense if he hadn't yet put down roots that he may not have been recognized in local appeals to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back