CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

I, or others, could read/translate, if you want.
The email simply told me that I needed to call for information.

I'm sorry that this has become so confusing, I thought it was pretty straightforward. I emailed in English asking if this Doe had been identified. The Montreal police replied, in French, that I would need to call them for info.

Given that I emailed in English and their reply was in French, I thought it was pretty unlikely that they'd share details that haven't been made public with someone speaking English, because of the language barrier and various other reasons.

The email simply told me that I needed to call for information.

I'm sorry that this has become so confusing, I thought it was pretty straightforward. I emailed in English asking if this Doe had been identified. The Montreal police replied, in French, that I would need to call them for info.

Given that I emailed in English and their reply was in French, I thought it was pretty unlikely that they'd share details that haven't been made public with someone speaking English, because of the language barrier and various other reasons.

You can be pretty sure that there is no language barrier. Folks in Montreal are bilingual, but they may be required to correspond in French.

Maybe we can help ....

Montreal police seek help to identify body

He had no identity papers - and a bracelet engraved with Michel, which may or may not be his name.

Montreal police are asking for help to identify a man found dead in early July.

The mystery man, in his 20s, was 5 foot 9 inches, 75 kilograms and had brown eyes and shoulder-length bright orange hair.

He was wearing a baseball jersey - white with red sleeves - brown cargo pants, beige socks and brown sport shoes when he was found. In addition to the bracelet, he wore a Lord of the Rings-type band on one finger and a green elastic around his left bicep.

Read more: Montreal Gazette

Could he be Michael Hammond, missing from BC since 1991?

Unidentified body​

File number: 48-110707-015​

On July 2, 2011, a man was spotted on the Jacques Cartier Bridge. He jumped and his body was found on July 7, 2011 on the banks of the St. Lawrence River.

Discovered onJuly 7, 2011
SexMasculine
ComplexionPale/Light
EyesBrown
HairRoux
Weight148 - 168 kg
Waist175 cm / 5'-9" - 188 cm / 6'-2"
Estimated Age28 - 32
File Number48-110707-015
Footage

Clothing
Type of ClothingOther
Garment ColorGreen
NoteLeft bicep elastic
Type of ClothingJewellery
Garment ColorSilver, Aluminum, Stainless Steel
NoteThin bracelet with rings, on the left wrist with the possibility of inscription 'Michel'
Type of ClothingSocks
Garment ColorBeige
Type of ClothingJewellery
Note'Lord of the Rings' style ring
Type of ClothingTrousers
Garment ColorBeige
NoteCargo Style
Type of ClothingSweater
Garment ColorWhite, Red
NoteWith red long sleeves
Type of ClothingShoes
Garment ColorBrown
NoteSporty style

Distinctive
TraitScar
Stroke locationRight wrist

How you can help:​

If you have any information regarding this case, please click here to write to us.

To share information confidentially and remain anonymous:
INFO-CRIME MONTRÉAL
Feel free to share this information via social media.''

I wrote to the coroner’s bureau a couple weeks ago to obtain the coroner’s report since the one that was publish here in 2018. That made my request easier since the page published contained the name of the coroner and the case file number.

They responded yesterday and they told me that since this wasn’t a suspicious death the coroner never investigated this and never made a report .

What do you think? Is that a common response?

@eidetic_j thank you for caring about this case and for working on it. I don't know what the standard is for suicide victims and know nothing about procedures in Canada, but I really hope he will be identified.

@eidetic_j thank you for caring about this case and for working on it. I don't know what the standard is for suicide victims and know nothing about procedures in Canada, but I really hope he will be identified.
The thing is this report exist, it was posted on here in 2018. I even gave them the name of the coroner who sign the report. I find this odd .

The thing is this report exist, it was posted on here in 2018. I even gave them the name of the coroner who sign the report. I find this odd .
You are right. I clearly remember reading that report way back.

It was an obvious suicide so for the coroner it's an open and shut case. It may have something to do with the time element involved where files are purged when considered closed.

I'm not going to say that all men with the name Michel are French but the odds are that he is French and if he's a French Canadian there's a good possibility he's Roman Catholic. His parents or family members may have already identified him and requested anonymity because he committed suicide. He wouldn't be the first suicide whose name is not released to the public. So not having a coroner's report is one thing but if he is still listed as a UID person then I presume no one has come forward to claim him, either as a conscious act or an unknown one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back