CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by georgiagirl, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I didn't live in an apartment building , so I can't relate to the elevator scenario, but I walked to school alone all the time when I was eight. I think someone usually walked me to school in Kindergarten, but I walked home by myself. There would have been nothing whatsoever unusual about the mother's actions in that era.

2. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

July 30 2019
    Toronto police release age-enhanced image of girl who went missing in 1985
    [​IMG]
    Nicole Morin is pictured here in this age-enhanced image released by Toronto police. (Toronto Police Service handout)

"A search was conducted in 2014 in Springwater Township following a tip that was submitted to police but investigators did not find any new clues.

Police say there have been numerous tips from the public over the past three decades but officers still have not been able to determine what happened to the little girl that day.

Police say Morin had brown hair, brown eyes, and a birth mark on her right upper forehead.

Investigators hope that releasing the age-enhanced image will lead to new information in the case.

Anyone with information about Morin’s disappearance is asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers anonymously."

Moriarty, feral, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

iulia, Jim_M, JSolt1210 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

I think somebody grabbed her on her way down from the elevator. A neighbour did it. I bet his name has even been circulating in the initial report. Just nothing to prove it.

Canada's Missing | Case details
    The Doe Network: Case File 41DFON

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Left & Center: Morin, circa 1985; Right: Age-progressed image of Morin at age 24 by NCMEC (circa 2001)

Nicole Louise Morin
    Missing since July 30, 1985 from Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: April 1, 1977
      • Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
      • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 51 pounds
      • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
      • Marks, Scars: Morin has a birthmark on the right side of her forehead and protruding ears. She has pierced ears.
      • Clothing: She was wearing a peach, one pieced bathing suit with colored stripes on the front, a green headband, red canvas shoes, and was carrying a peach colored blanket and a purple beach towel.
      • Dentals: Gap between her front teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    On July 30th, Nicole left her mother’s penthouse apartment in The West Mall, in Toronto's Etobicoke area, and vanished. There has been no trace of the girl, who was likely abducted moments after leaving the apartment in the Highway 427 and Rathburn Road area.
    At 10:30am Nicole had gone to the lobby of the twenty story apartment building to pick up the mail. She returned to the apartment and got ready to go swimming with a playmate. Before leaving the apartment Nicole had spoken to a friend through the building's intercom and promised to be right down. The playmate waited about 15 minutes before buzzing the apartment again to find out why Nicole hadn't arrived. The two girls had arranged to meet in the lobby and go to a supervised swimming pool at the rear of the building.
    About 11:00am Nicole said goodbye to her mother and left the apartment. No one has seen the girl since she closed the apartment door and walked into the penthouse hallway.

Investigators
    If you have any information on Morin's whereabouts, please contact:
    Toronto Metropolitan Police Department
    416-808-2200
    OR
    The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
    877-318-3576

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCMEC #: RCMP8608792

NCIC Number:
    M-974508409
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse

Jim_M, dotr, iulia and 1 other person like this.
  6. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

BBM.

I totally agree. Someone upthread posted pictures of the building complex from which Nicole disappeared, and it just looks MASSIVE (see below)! I'm sure it was daunting for police to consider that she could be in ANY one of those apartments—especially since Nicole lived on the top floor. And with the amount of suites, there's no way the Morins could've known everyone living there. Whoever may have been observing Nicole could've easily done it without anyone noticing.

At the same time, though, more people means more potential witnesses. I think the kidnapper just lucked out that Nicole happened to be in the elevator alone and no one else was out in the halls.

627 The West Mall, Toronto - Summit Royal Condominium
    627 The West Mall #708, Etobicoke

Moriarty, Jim_M, dotr and 1 other person like this.