Canada OK's group sex

This was a challenge on the definition of Indency.

When adults engage in consenting behavour behind closed doors away from the public on a voluntary basis it is not deemed indencent as it does not harm the public.

Harming the public is the test, so this is a victory of sorts for clubs of these types.

BTW, Canadians are not boring, just polite. Some may see manners as boring, we see them as civil..........

Jeana (DP) said:
So prostitution is legal in Canada?
No!
The decision does not affect laws against prostitution because no money changed hands among the adults having sex.

Tom'sGirl said:
No!
The decision does not affect laws against prostitution because no money changed hands among the adults having sex.

From the article:

Labaye said he had about 2,000 regular clients who paid around $20 ($17 U.S.) a year for a membership card.

Bravo to Canada!

With all the truly hurtful, awful crimes that we face in today's world, it always makes me mad to see LE's time wasted on this crap that shouldn't be a crime to begin with.

LButler said:
Bravo to Canada!

With all the truly hurtful, awful crimes that we face in today's world, it always makes me mad to see LE's time wasted on this crap that shouldn't be a crime to begin with.
:clap:
I agree!

And they have a public health system, so anyone coming away (no pun intended) with an STD can get it fixed for free! :woohoo:

The way I look at this, if two consenting adults want to engage in "group sex" as long as it's out of public view, so be it.. The $20 a year membership probably pays for the facilities, food etc.. NO one has to have sex if they don't want to.. No one is paying for sex like they would a prostitute.. With a prostitute you are PAYING for her to perform sex services..

PaperDoll said:
The way I look at this, if two consenting adults want to engage in "group sex" as long as it's out of public view, so be it.. The $20 a year membership probably pays for the facilities, food etc.. NO one has to have sex if they don't want to.. No one is paying for sex like they would a prostitute.. With a prostitute you are PAYING for her to perform sex services..

No one HAS to have sex with a prostitute either. I think prostitution should be legal, so I have no "moral" problem with any of this. I think they should be honest about it though.

Jeana (DP) said:
No one HAS to have sex with a prostitute either. I think prostitution should be legal, so I have no "moral" problem with any of this. I think they should be honest about it though.
You are so right... :p

Jeana (DP) said:

Oh, Jeana, people pay to gas up their cars to drive to sexual encounters, but that doesn't make their activities prostitution.

Like gassing up the car, paying for admission to a club merely gives you access to an area where sex may occur (sort of like tickets to a drive-in movie used to be).

I believe the law has always distinguished that sort of expense from money paid directly for the rendering of sexual services.

But I'm all for legalizing prostitution. And regulating it and taxing it as well.

Definitely legalize prostitution - it's the only way to protect the prostitutes from the violent pimps and customers, and the only way to protect the customers from prostitutes who get AIDS and such and don't care who they pass it on to.

And a swingers club - why not? Adults should be able to do whatever they want, consentually.

Details said:
And a swingers club - why not? Adults should be able to do whatever they want, consentually.
What if it's a Human sacrifice club?

Zman said:
What if it's a Human sacrifice club?

That would be murder whether consenual or not, therefore against the law and I really can't see the courts making that legal for it does hurt another.

I am Canadian and I had never given it a thought whether swinging clubs were legal or illegal......

I don't like clam chowder but as long as no one makes me eat it....different strokes for different folks.......no pun intended :eek:

A consentual human sacrifice is suicide, and that's generally illegal - mostly I think because it is assumed that unless you are terminally ill and in great pain, suicide is a sign your brain is not working properly, so you are not really consentual, any more than a severely mentally disturbed or retarded person can consent.

But I'm sure you know what I mean.

Well, I think Canada is going to corrupt the United States!

:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back