GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...11+Search+Leanne+Bordelais&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4

Homolka served 12 years in prison for the sex murders of both teens as well as the fatal drug rape of her sister, Tammy, 15. She was released from prison in July 2005 and made her home in Joliette, Quebec, a suburb of Montreal. Five months later, a Quebec Superior Court justice lifted court-imposed conditions placed on her freedoms.

I don't see how this witch can stand to look at her own face in a mirror after what she did to her little sister much less the other two girls. But your own sister :furious: How can she even face her parents and how could they ever forgive her for what she did? I guess they have though. If she was my daughter I would have nothing to do with her at all. I suppose her parents blame Paul and are in deniel about the witch.

Sincerely Southcity, you are a far bigger person than I because I only wish her grief & complete unhappiness for the insurmountable pain she inflicted on others so horribly. I am truly not capable of any empathy for this woman. I'll be the 1st to admit it.

It amazes me that there are people like yourself that are able to reach beyond the evilness of some people and have compassion. :blowkiss:

I surely doubt I am a far bigger person than anyone here, PC!!:blowkiss: I don't think it's somehow "baser" to despise someone when they do despicable things.

I don't see how this witch can stand to look at her own face in a mirror after what she did to her little sister much less the other two girls. But your own sister :furious: How can she even face her parents and how could they ever forgive her for what she did? I guess they have though. If she was my daughter I would have nothing to do with her at all. I suppose her parents blame Paul and are in deniel about the witch.

I remember we had a discussion going last year in the unmoderated forum about "is there anything your child could ever do that would make you stop loving and supporting him/her?" This is one of the cases that came to my mind when we were chatting about that.

As far as I am concerned Karla Holmolka will always be a danger to children. Specifically girls. What she and her husband put the victims though, actually was banned from publication in Canada.

They had the "audios" of the videos that Karla and her husband made of their victims, this was played in the courtroom. The video tapes were destroyed after it was no longer needed as evidence. I read one detail in the "US" and it was that the "eyelids" of the girls were cut so they could not close their eyes. Their teeth were pulled out. Those are just "two" things mentioned in the US press.

One girl, Kristin French, innocently walked over to a white car, when called by Karla in the car for "directions". This "wonderful" girl, 15, with her whole future ahead of her, was 'lured into a sense of security that there was a "couple" in the car. If it was not for Karla, Kristen would never have gone near the car. But Karla was the key.

She was kidnapped and subject to the most brutal and tortures "life" for two weeks. Karla could have easily ensured her safety but participated in the "videos" and torture of the girls.

What she did to her sister, two girls kidnapped and tortured, is who she is. She has a psych disorder and fought tooth and nail not to be evaluated in a psych ward.

But she lost, then some of those records were "leaked" briefly to the public. One sick puppy, with a serious psych disorder and may she rot in he** for the rest of her days on earth.

There was actually a pool as to how long she would live once released. She thought she could just "innocently" blend into he public, well guess what "Ontario" hates you. In Quebec, they really did not pay "attention" to this trial in Ontario. But in my province, it was " a "HUGE" deal.

But I am sure that she wants to live a quiet family life with a child or maybe children and grandchildren. That is something that her "victims" will never experienced. A continued "life" of living.

If there was a death penalty, this case would deserve it. But in Ontario "mistakes' were made and Karla, the "master" manipulator got a "second" chance at a life. Unlike her victims.

May she die a slow and painful death, tortuous, death as painful as possible just like she subjected her victims to.

Rest in Peace, Tammy, Kristen, and Leslie.

As far as I am concerned Karla Holmolka will always be a danger to children. Specifically girls. What she and her husband put the victims though, actually was banned from publication in Canada.

They had the "audios" of the videos that Karla and her husband made of their victims, this was played in the courtroom. The video tapes were destroyed after it was no longer needed as evidence. I read one detail in the "US" and it was that the "eyelids" of the girls were cut so they could not close their eyes. Their teeth were pulled out. Those are just "two" things mentioned in the US press.

One girl, Kristin French, innocently walked over to a white car, when called by Karla in the car for "directions". This "wonderful" girl, 15, with her whole future ahead of her, was 'lured into a sense of security that there was a "couple" in the car. If it was not for Karla, Kristen would never have gone near the car. But Karla was the key.

She was kidnapped and subject to the most brutal and tortures "life" for two weeks. Karla could have easily ensured her safety but participated in the "videos" and torture of the girls.

What she did to her sister, two girls kidnapped and tortured, is who she is. She has a psych disorder and fought tooth and nail not to be evaluated in a psych ward.

But she lost, then some of those records were "leaked" briefly to the public. One sick puppy, with a serious psych disorder and may she rot in he** for the rest of her days on earth.

There was actually a pool as to how long she would live once released. She thought she could just "innocently" blend into he public, well guess what "Ontario" hates you. In Quebec, they really did not pay "attention" to this trial in Ontario. But in my province, it was " a "HUGE" deal.

But I am sure that she wants to live a quiet family life with a child or maybe children and grandchildren. That is something that her "victims" will never experienced. A continued "life" of living.

If there was a death penalty, this case would deserve it. But in Ontario "mistakes' were made and Karla, the "master" manipulator got a "second" chance at a life. Unlike her victims.

May she die a slow and painful death, tortuous, death as painful as possible just like she subjected her victims to.

Rest in Peace, Tammy, Kristen, and Leslie.

I've never heard that about the eye-lids or teeth...is it true? do you have a link?

I surely doubt I am a far bigger person than anyone here, PC!!:blowkiss: I don't think it's somehow "baser" to despise someone when they do despicable things.

I don't either. I think wishing Karla was suffering and/or dead is a very enlightened way of believing that the world makes sense, there is a such thing as justice, and we have some control over the horrors evil people inflict on the innocent.

I'm speechless, I read the book about them and killing her own sister.........what a witch!

I don't either. I think wishing Karla was suffering and/or dead is a very enlightened way of believing that the world makes sense, there is a such thing as justice, and we have some control over the horrors evil people inflict on the innocent.

We don't.

I appreciate our efforts towards justice here, but nothing we could "do" to Karla will balance any scales. Even if we murdered her in the same brutal manner that she murdered others, nothing and no one would be made whole.

I definitely believe in justice, and I definitely don't think that this world makes much sense most of the time!

I was just doing some googling and couldn't find any recent info on her, but I did see that Paul Bernardo is eligible for release in 2010 - though no one seems to think that will happen in a million years because he has been labeled a Dangerous Offender.

I've never heard that about the eye-lids or teeth...is it true? do you have a link?

I haven't specifically read about the eyelids, but I've read about the teeth (they removed 15 yr old Kristen French's teeth with pliers and also forced her to eat her own hair, removed her fingernails and amputated her fingers and toes (all while she was still alive) The abject EVIL perpetrated by Bernardo & Homolka is unspeakably horrifying and shocking. They should both be in cages for the rest of their natural lives, in my VERY STRONG opinion.

Information about the teeth can be found here and also here -- the lack of detail and published information results from the veritable lock-down Canadian courts put on the heinous details of the crimes.

I haven't specifically read about the eyelids, but I've read about the teeth (they removed 15 yr old Kristen French's teeth with pliers and also forced her to eat her own hair, removed her fingernails and amputated her fingers and toes (all while she was still alive) The abject EVIL perpetrated by Bernardo & Homolka is unspeakably horrifying and shocking. They should both be in cages for the rest of their natural lives, in my VERY STRONG opinion.

Information about the teeth can be found here and also here -- the lack of detail and published information results from the veritable lock-down Canadian courts put on the heinous details of the crimes.

I heard about this case a couple years ago and never gave it much thought, but I started reading this thread yesterday and went on Trutv and read what they had there. I read about the thing (cannot think of his name and do not want to call him a man, maybe monster would be better) pooping and peeing on Kristins face and thought oh my gosh, how could someone be that cruel. Now this....I am sick to my stomach that such evil exists. Having two daughters my heart is broke for the family of the victims. If it was my daughter that this happened to and this other monster gets to live a normal life, I would be furious and willing to spend the rest of my life in jail to find her and make her pay for what they put my daughter through. God bless the families and I hope with all my heart there is a very special place in Heaven for those girls and what they went through. I am going to go cry now. :(

Okay, that made me sick to my stomach. I've seen documentaries on these murders but I didn't know some of the grisly details. Disgusting. What kind of human being does this???? And in one of the links to a blog about Karla now living in the Bahamas, there is a fairly recent (I'm guessing it's fairly recent) picture of Karla close up and she is SCARY looking.

I think I'm going to have nightmares.

We don't.

I appreciate our efforts towards justice here, but nothing we could "do" to Karla will balance any scales. Even if we murdered her in the same brutal manner that she murdered others, nothing and no one would be made whole.

I definitely believe in justice, and I definitely don't think that this world makes much sense most of the time!

I was just doing some googling and couldn't find any recent info on her, but I did see that Paul Bernardo is eligible for release in 2010 - though no one seems to think that will happen in a million years because he has been labeled a Dangerous Offender.

Oh, surely they won't let him out!:behindbar

I didn't mean that we do have control, in general, over what evil people do, I meant that it is human to wish to have control, to make sense of the world and to believe in cosmic justice or karma or balance or whatever. The point I was (poorly) trying to make is that wishing peace for Karla isn't "better" than wishing her to suffer for what she has done. In other words, I was agreeing with your post I was answering.

Oh, surely they won't let him out!:behindbar

I didn't mean that we do have control, in general, over what evil people do, I meant that it is human to wish to have control, to make sense of the world and to believe in cosmic justice or karma or balance or whatever. The point I was (poorly) trying to make is that wishing peace for Karla isn't "better" than wishing her to suffer for what she has done. In other words, I was agreeing with your post I was answering.

We are on the same page. Steadfast! There's no better or worse - just different perspectives - and I very much agree that anger towards people who do harm is, in part, a way of trying to feel connected to a higher sense of justice.

I do not believe Bernardo will ever be set free.

As a Canadian, I'm thoroughly disgusted with hearing about these details. I honestly hadn't a clue they tortured their victims like that. No wonder the tapes were so important to destroy. The parents did not want the world to know such horrific details. I have to wonder how Leslie's parents get through their days knowing they locked their daughter out of the home for a simple curfew break. Just gut wrenching.

Can't unring a bell, but a bigger part of me wish I never known about these details. Just beyond horrific. I do recall hearing how defiant Kristin was to her kidnappers, just didn't realize they punished her so gravely.

Well this is a woman who walks among all of us somewhere out there. Not knowing where she at least is, is truly horrific to me.

As a Canadian, I'm thoroughly disgusted with hearing about these details. I honestly hadn't a clue they tortured their victims like that. No wonder the tapes were so important to destroy. The parents did not want the world to know such horrific details. I have to wonder how Leslie's parents get through their days knowing they locked their daughter out of the home for a simple curfew break. Just gut wrenching.

Can't unring a bell, but a bigger part of me wish I never known about these details. Just beyond horrific. I do recall hearing how defiant Kristin was to her kidnappers, just didn't realize they punished her so gravely.

Well this is a woman who walks among all of us somewhere out there. Not knowing where she at least is, is truly horrific to me.

I didn't know those details either (and wish I hadn't read that.) I was in high school in Ontario when the girls went missing so I remember following it. Bernardo will never get out. I am certain of that. I'm glad he was labelled a dangerous offender so they can keep him in jail until he dies. Remember, he was the Scarborough Rapist as well. Ugh.

Reading about Karla Holmolka makes me very angry. I think she should have gotten the same sentence as he did, but she played the victim card and was given a very sweet deal before the tapes were found. They showed that she was a very willing and active participant in the torture and rapes of those poor girls but the deal had already been made. 12 years in jail and one university degree later, she is out with a new husband and a baby. By pretending to be a vicitim, she did a diservice to all battered women everywhere. She is a sick murderer. Her parents have not disowned her or anything. I don't have any links, because these are things I remember reading in the newspaper and Macleans magazine and seeing on the National. Remember that interview she did after beling released from jail?

Whoa, I had no idea some of that stuff happened. I don't have a clue how people can be so sick. I can't bear to see anyone in pain. Those poor girls...

I didn't know those details either (and wish I hadn't read that.) I was in high school in Ontario when the girls went missing so I remember following it. Bernardo will never get out. I am certain of that. I'm glad he was labelled a dangerous offender so they can keep him in jail until he dies. Remember, he was the Scarborough Rapist as well. Ugh.

Reading about Karla Holmolka makes me very angry. I think she should have gotten the same sentence as he did, but she played the victim card and was given a very sweet deal before the tapes were found. They showed that she was a very willing and active participant in the torture and rapes of those poor girls but the deal had already been made. 12 years in jail and one university degree later, she is out with a new husband and a baby. By pretending to be a vicitim, she did a diservice to all battered women everywhere. She is a sick murderer. Her parents have not disowned her or anything. I don't have any links, because these are things I remember reading in the newspaper and Macleans magazine and seeing on the National. Remember that interview she did after beling released from jail?

Bold/Underline by me.

With respect to that comment, it is wrong for Canadians to assume there was nothing Prosecution could do - to UNDO this deal. THEY could. They made the 'deal' with Karla under the conditions that she was being completely truthful and forthcoming. She clearly was not after they received the tapes. At that moment, they could have snatched everything away from her. Essentially the deal was nul & void after the tapes were found. And it wasn't until later that she also owned up to her sister, that was not the first thing she admitted to.

Alas, though, she was the one in total control here. She KNEW they needed her to secure the successful prosecution of Paul. She KNEW if they took her sweetheart deal away, she could refuse to testify and even lie if she chose to. They didn't want to risk that.

In my opinion, having a legal background, they still should have undone the deal. They had the tapes, they no longer needed her. I haven't a clue to the true reason they did not undue this mess. It is an utter disgrace to all Canadians, the prosecution did not do their jobs!

Bold/Underline by me.

With respect to that comment, it is wrong for Canadians to assume there was nothing Prosecution could do - to UNDO this deal. THEY could. They made the 'deal' with Karla under the conditions that she was being completely truthful and forthcoming. She clearly was not after they received the tapes. At that moment, they could have snatched everything away from her.

I'm sure her attorney is the one who drew up the deal and made sure it was legally watertight regarding any further evidence that may surface at a later time. And then there's the double jeopardy clause which I believe exists in the judicial systems of all countries of British heritage, which prevents one from being tried twice for a same crime save for appeals.

Also, another reason why the prosecution almost never reneges on a deal no matter how unsavory it sits with the public is to avoid jeopardizing future deals, which are dependent upon defendants' confidence that such contracts are binding.

In this case the prosecution's ultimate target was Bernardo and they felt the only way to insure an "unappealable" first-degree murder conviction for him was to secure his accomplice's testimony, at any price.

As a side note, there was at least one other capital case in Canada where the prosecution had to resort to an extremely unpopular deal with a defendant in order to secure a Murder One conviction. In the early 1980's the RCMP had to agree to pay serial child killer Clifford Olson $100,000 for him to reveal the location of his victims' bodies. According to the Crime Library the money was paid to Clifford's relatives. This may sound outrageous but one must take into consideration that Habeas Corpus makes it almost impossible to obtain a first-degree murder conviction without a body when there are no direct witnesses, and that a second-degree murder or manslaughter conviction obtained on circumstantial evidence alone could have seen Olsen back on the street in as little as 7 to 10 years whereas now it is unlikely that he'll ever be released.

I'm sure her attorney is the one who drew up the deal and made sure it was legally watertight regarding any further evidence that may surface at a later time. And then there's the double jeopardy clause which I believe exists in the judicial systems of all countries of British heritage, which prevents one from being tried twice for a same crime save for appeals.
Also, another reason why the prosecution almost never reneges on a deal no matter how unsavory it sits with the public is to avoid jeopardizing future deals, which are dependent upon defendants' confidence that such contracts are binding.

In this case the prosecution's ultimate target was Bernardo and they felt the only way to insure an "unappealable" first-degree murder conviction for him was to secure his accomplice's testimony, at any price.

As a side note, there was at least one other capital case in Canada where the prosecution had to resort to an extremely unpopular deal with a defendant in order to secure a Murder One conviction. In the early 1980's the RCMP had to agree to pay serial child killer Clifford Olson $100,000 for him to reveal the location of his victims' bodies. According to the Crime Library the money was paid to Clifford's relatives. This may sound outrageous but one must take into consideration that Habeas Corpus makes it almost impossible to obtain a first-degree murder conviction without a body when there are no direct witnesses, and that a second-degree murder or manslaughter conviction obtained on circumstantial evidence alone could have seen Olsen back on the street in as little as 7 to 10 years whereas now it is unlikely that he'll ever be released.

Bold by me...
Actually Canada does not have any form of double jeopardy. Prosecutors retry people all the time in Canada. I used to work in the Canadian legal system.

At the time I read Karla's so called 'iron clad' agreement posted by a newspaper after Paul's conviction. The clauses in there clearly allowed for the prosecution to pull the deal if Karla was not completely forth coming & truthful. She demonstrated she was not after the tape discovery. There was such a debate within the legal system about the motives & reasons as to why they didn't pull the deal when they had the chance...

Regarding Clifford Olsen, he was previously convicted of child sexual abuse and many other crimes... I know this case inside out as I worked directly with Gary & Sharon Rosenfeldt (parents of Daryn Johnsrude) and used to spend countless nights with them as well regarding the case. Clifford Olsen's 'son' via his wife, was paid the monies. There was much pressure regarding Olsen's wife receiving payment for crimes that she turned it into a trust for Olsen Junior.

With copies of old case files in my possession, RCMP had evidence and they also did have some bodies located previous to the payments made to his son. They also had several witnesses that had seen many of the children with Clifford on various occasions. Yet for many months, they did nothing. Eventually there was a documentary where other former RCMP members spoke vocally to the absolute incompetence with the investigation or willingness to talk & share info between various divisions of the RCMP.

I could go on and debate some reasons why the RCMP did what they did, for myself and the families, it was more about police being incompetent and lazy (ignoring the first few children missing and telling the parents they were all runaways) than about not having the evidence.

It came to a pressure point that they felt this particular deal with the devil, it would be 'in the families' best interest to locate their children's bodies. However, they never consulted the families about their deal. Although they had substantial amount of evidence starring them in the face, they felt without a large body count, Clifford may get off some of the charges DUE TO THEIR INACTION & INCOMPETENCE. Ultimately, they felt they needed a confession. I believe (in hindsight) a confession was not required and would have resulted in a successful conviction.

Daryn Johnsrude (Rosenfeldt) was not one of the bodies located via payment. Sadly, Olsen has more victims he was never charged nor convicted & 2 of the parents of Olsens' known victims had killed themselves unable to cope with the horrific details of the crimes commited to their children.

Bold by me...
Actually Canada does not have any form of double jeopardy. Prosecutors retry people all the time in Canada.

There is a provision against double jeopardy in Canada, the main difference with the US is that Canadian prosecutors can appeal acquittals (this is also allowed in a few US states) which is the reason why I stated "save for appeals" in my post. An appeal being considered a continuation of the original trial it does not constitute double jeopardy.

I may have been wrong in assuming Homolka's attorney had negotiated an iron-clad deal but nonetheless I continue to believe the reason the deal was not revoked was to avoid creating a precedent that would make partners in crime hesitate to partake in such contracts in the future.

Regarding Olson, the authorities obviously made the deal because they thought it was in their best interest to do so, and tried to make it appear as if it was necessary to proceed in order to obtain a conviction. Paying a defendant in an attempt to cover up/divert attention from police mishandling of a serial killer case is not unheard of in the US as well and just like in Canada, it usually doesn't achieve the intended objective. But once the wheel gets rolling it's almost impossible to stop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back