GUILTY Canada - Peter Whitmore for kidnap, rape of 2 boys, Whitewood, SK, July 2006

Both boys names have been in the paper, unfortunately everyone knows who they are.

Back to the "revolving" jail for Whitmore........

This case took a sickening turn this week when the lawyer for Whitmore made a statment they would allow the boys to avoid the ugliness of having to testify about their ordeal in court if the authorities choose not to pursue a life sentence (through having Whitmore declared a "dangerous offender")

The police made some promises in order to secure the safe release of Whitmore's hostages. Now his lawyer is fighting to have those promises (made, imo, under the duress of trying to secure a safe release for these children) honored.

what a scumbucket lawyer....imo, of course....

http://www.herald.ns.ca/Canada/520101.html

Well, I know that in the U.S. you can lie to a criminal and not be held accountable. Does anyone know if you can do the same in Canada? Any lawyer who ould even attempt to make such a case for this b*****d is just as sick as his client IMO.

Victim Speaks Up About Alleged Kidnapping
Jason McIntyre
Saturday, August 12, 2006

A 10-year-old Saskatchewan boy is speaking out about his alleged abduction by a convicted pedophile. According to the boy's father he was given dog food, water and crackers to eat while he was held captive and never gave up on trying to escape.

The father also says his son is strong enough to relive the incident on the stand and give testimony during the trial.

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=41731

A Regina Crown prosecutor didn't sign a police letter to pedophile Peter Whitmore offering the accused kidnapper protection from a life sentence or dangerous offender status in exchange for his surrender during a farmhouse standoff last week.

"Interesting that my signature somehow got on a letter I've never seen," Jeff Kalmakoff said Wednesday. "If anybody has told you my signature was on that, that's inaccurate."

Glen Luther, a criminal law professor at the University of Saskatchewan, said there's nothing in the RCMP's letter that would prevent the attorney general from pursuing a life sentence or a dangerous offender designation for Whitmore if he pleads guilty or is convicted.

"(Prosecutors are) not bound by agreements with the police," Luther said. "The police don't have the authority to bind the Crown in terms of plea decisions. At most, all the inspector has agreed to is to recommend those things."

http://snipurl.com/utuf

aussiegran said:
:furious: Once again the courts are letting people down.This should have been locked up for life after the last conviction.

snip from Alta link-
Whitmore is well-known in Ontario for a string of high-profile sex assault convictions against children.
He was first convicted in 1993 of abduction and five sexual offences involving four young boys and spent 16 months in custody.

Nine days after his release, he took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto. He was sentenced to 56 months in prison for that.

Less than a month after his November 2000 release, Whitmore was found in a downtown Toronto motel with a 13-year-old boy. He was sentenced to one year in jail.

Whitmore also has a record in British Columbia, where he has been fighting to be moved in order to avoid the media spotlight in Ontario.

Whitmore fled there in 2002 after being found in the company of a five-year-old boy.

What in the world is wrong with the Prosecutors that had these cases? This guy would just get out of jail and do the same thing again...over and over. I can't believe he is still out with his record. About the third arrest he was given 56 months and then the next arrest he only got a year! Isn't the time supposed to increase? I can't believe that he hasn't been locked up for good way before this. Sounds to me like you folks in Canada should push for some new laws where these perverts are concerned.....something like "Jessica's Law."

A preliminary hearing for a convicted pedophile accused of sexually assaulting a Saskatchewan boy and a Manitoba teenager has been delayed because defence lawyers have withdrawn from the case.

And that has prompted a warning from the judge involved.

Legal Aid lawyers Dave Andrews and Jamie Struthers told Regina Provincial Court yesterday that they would no longer represent Peter Whitmore.

"There's been a fundamental loss of confidence between solicitor and client," Struthers told reporters outside the courthouse. "I don't think I can comment any further without betraying confidences."

Whitmore, 36, faces 15 charges arising out of events last July involving the boys, aged 10 and 14.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2007/01/06/3196108-sun.html

On to 2019. Pete didn't cut his thing off nor hurt himself in any other way.

It's all good news for, Pete because he has an online profile in prison. Yep!

Despite one of his victims speaking out and trying all he can to remove Pete? It's his right alright.

Sorry I can't link but plenty about it just searching his name. These young men are still wounded, but survivors. I wonder if as Americans we could write the government?

Oh BTW Pete's profile states he is friendly but lonely.

Despite one of his victims speaking out and trying all he can to remove Pete? It's his right alright.

Sorry I can't link but plenty about it just searching his name. These young men are still wounded, but survivors. I wonder if as Americans we could write the government?

how unfortunate that no one has killed him in prison yet

how unfortunate that no one has killed him in prison yet

I thought that was what I was going to read when I started looking it up.

Those poor boys now men have that to deal with.

Zach Miller, one of Peter Whitmore’s victims, spoke last year to the Canadian True Crime podcast titled “Canadian True Crime” as part of an episode covering his story. The episode of this podcast is titled “The Survival of Zach Miller”, Episode 70.

70 The Survival of Zach Miller — Canadian True Crime

Of course the abuse that Zach suffered at the hands of Peter Whitmore is horrific and sickening, but angrily he suffered after he got home as well! He and his sisters were bullied with a particular bully hurling homosexual slurs toward Zach!

In addition, in a news article about the case, the family says the community turned on them! Another news article discusses how the Millers had to wait in agony to find out whether Zach would be HIV positive due to the sexual assaults by Peter Whitmore!

In a later episode from this podcast titled “Case Updates and Reflections 2020” from August 14, 2020 (only listenable on iTunes) the host shares that other victims of childhood abduction and sexual assault contacted her and she put them in touch with Zach Miller. Hopefully this has been a great help to Zach and a comfort to know he’s not alone!

I thought to myself while looking into this story again why the Millers haven’t been put in touch with Jaycee Dugard and her family as I imagine they would a great resource for them!

It’s frustrating that no real resources were made available to them when Zach came home! Is it because Zach was only captive two days? Why didn’t NCMEC reach out to them?

To cap this all off, “Child Find Saskatchewan” has closed its doors as of this past November of 2021:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6248169

An interesting tidbit regarding “Child Find Saskatchewan”: two years before she was found alive, a ‘Missing Person’ Ad for Jaycee Dugard was in my local paper in April 2007! Oddly however, the Ad only used the age progression of Jaycee showing her at age 15.!

I don’t know how much good it would do to write to the Canadian government Filly.

Frankly, I do not understand why this man can’t be locked up for life with no chance of parole! He’s had multiple chances before kidnapping Zach and the teenager to reform himself but he didn’t take advantage of any of the resources offered to him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back