Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

Eye color is off for Brian Dunlop too.

I had remembered reading somewhere that his name may have been Brian and he was from Ontario. I just found the link that has this information. It is from the Saskatchewan Assosiation of Chiefs of Police website. There is some information on there that is different from other sites. It mentions that he may have been heavier at one time because of stretch marks on both sides of his navel. Here is the link.

http://www.sacp.ca/missing/details.php?id=97

I have searched for missing Brians from Ontario and the only one i can find is Brian Joseph Dunlop missing from North Bay since June 2, 1994. He is 5 years older than the upper estimated age of J.D. and i am not sure about resemblance, but it does mention that he was known to hitchhike and hop trains to travel around the country and he may have travelled to Western Canada. He left with a packsac. He was a solvent abuser at the time and was missing an upper front tooth. I am not sure if he is a strong candidate as a match for J.D. but interesting none the less.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1638dmon.html

Oh - this is interesting - a quick whitepages.com search comes up with this: Donald Lee Izzett age 33 - addresses in Frostburg, MD and Cumberland, MD - is Donald Lee Izzett really missing??????:waitasec:

I spoke with MD State Police Cold Case investigator this morning and they still have Donald Izzett as an active missing persons case. I passed along the address information in Cumberland MD - no telephone number given. I suggested they make an inquiry to the Regina SK police also.

Thanks! I wonder if they found him and just never let the police know.

Thanks! I wonder if they found him and just never let the police know.

The investigator told me that they are in regular contact with Donald's mother so it's unlikely he has been found. It appears the MDSP have a very good idea about what happened to Donald, which understandably he could not discuss. Pretty safe to say Donald is not a match to the SK UID and we must keep looking. Perhaps we should start a thread for Donald?

I didn't think he would be a match, after reading the piece on the charley project I have a pretty good idea also of what's happened to Donald. You can start a thread but if the detective is pretty certain what happened, I guess there is very little evidence to nab the suspects.

So Ryno, you were right then, Matheson isn't our UID...

I am glad you finally got confirmation on this and stuck with it until you did. At least we know for sure now and can keep looking for other matches.

It was actually by looking into the Kenley Matheson case on line a few years ago that I found this case and the "Lyle Stevik" case and in turn I found Websleuth's. It would be nice to see closure for the victims and their families. Hopefully someday soon with all of the folks, like yourself, on here working hard to help.

By the way I am a "He". LOL

The patch on his jacket looks like it could belong to a police station, fire station, or some sort of military thing.

I think the patch is just a clothing brand emblem common in the 90s.

I think the patch is just a clothing brand emblem common in the 90s.

I read on another forum that the patch is the old Ralph Lauren Chaps emblem, but I haven't a chance to google it try to find it.

The man with schizophrenia, Steve Needham, doesn't match up with the description of the John Doe provided by the man JD supposedly hitchhiked with. This JD was apparently very well mannered and clean... don't think an alcoholic mental patient quite fits that bill. But it's true that there is a very strong physical resemblance, AND Bellevue, WA is only about 150mi. from the British Columbian border, so it's very possible that Needham could have made it up to SK, Canada.

Unidentified suicide victims make me so sad, because there's a larger chance that there's just no one out there looking for them and no missing persons report filed for them. I'm sure that lots of families of suicidal people simply assume that their loved one has bumped themselves off and thus don't report the disappearance to LE.

I really want to see this man identified. That would help us find out what really happened.

http://www.reginapolice.ca/newsroom.htm#tamra

Released on: December 7, 2005

MYSTERY OF JOHN DOE​
“Who is John Doe?”

Snip*

On Friday, July 28, 1995, at about 3:40 p.m., police were dispatched to the Canadian Pacific Railway crossing at 13 th Avenue and Courtney Street for a report of a fatality Police interviewed two CP rail employees who had just witnessed the young man come from the ditch on the south side of the tracks and position himself in the path of an eastbound, four-locomotive train hauling 104 box cars.

snip*

The victim was described as male, caucasian, about 20 to 30 years old, clean-shaven, with short, medium-brown hair and blue eyes, about 5’ 9” tall, weighing about 140-160 pounds. He was wearing a black denim button shirt with a gold “crown” logo displayed on the left front pocket. Under this shirt the victim wore a white t-shirt with the words "Boca Authentic" on the front. He also wore faded blue jeans, white socks and a pair of size 12 and 1/2, blue and white Reebok runners. He carried no personal identification and a search of a knapsack he’d had in his possession, revealed some clothing and personal items, but virtually nothing to help investigators determine his identity. In his pocket, there was a silver brooch, shaped like a rose, sometimes referred to as “The Christmas Rose”.

snip*

Police and Coroner’s Office are requesting help from the media in publicizing this case as widely as possible.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Regina Police Service Cold Case Unit
306-777-8649
OR
Crime Stoppers
306-545-TIPS (8477) or 1-800-222-8477

You may remain anonymous when submitting information. Source Information:
Regina Police Service
The Brandon Sun - 12/9/05
CBC CA

John Doe Saskatchewan this is a good page, pics are pretty big.

- it says - In his pocket, there was a silver brooch, shaped like a rose, sometimes referred to as “The Christmas Rose”. It shows a picture of the pin but appears to be gold but not silver.

I remember the pin. As my name says, I'm into roses. I'll have to try to remember where I remember seeing it. Some were advertised as real roses with plating.

Regina FOUND HUMAN REMAINS - Distinguishing Features: May have been heavy at one time in his life as stretch type marks on each side of navel.
Clothing Worn at time of disapearance: Reebok high-top basketball running shoes, faded blue jeans, and a grey T-shirt under a blue button up outer shirt.
File #: 1995-28159
Agency: Saskatchewan Justice, Office of the Chief Coroner
Additional Information:
Unknown male is an unidentified train/ pedestrian victim. The death occurred on the 28th day of July, 1995, at 3:38 p.m. in Regina, SK. The individual may have been in Kamloops, BC, at Padova City Resorts Inc., as he was in possession of one of their T-shirts. The unknown male's travelling partner stated that the unknown male said his name was Brian and he was from Ontario. The unknown male was very conscious in his personal hygiene as he always wanted to be clean shaven and neat in his appearance. This case is being investigated by the Office of the Chief Coroner and the Regina Police Service.

Cold Cases

I'm gonna post the pin to a rose forum I go to, along with a few pics of him and links to the story. Hopefully the Canada people that post there are still around.

"Boca Authentic" appears to be a clothing company based in Montreal. Another hint that he's probably from eastern Canada.

"Boca Authentic" appears to be a clothing company based in Montreal. Another hint that he's probably from eastern Canada.

Yeah, but you could buy it at any Sears back in the day. We all wore it around that time, mid-90's. It was "in".
We called it the "cheap man/woman's" Campus Crew/Cotton Ginny.

I posted to the rose forum I go to.
If I get any replies I'll post back.

Looking at the Gold emblem on the jacket, but cannot see it really well. It looks like the emblem on sweaters I bought back in the early 90's in Bermuda. I still have them (they were expensive, but have held like iron after all these years). I will head to the attic later to look to see if it matches

They believe he had recently broken up with a woman named Kathy and was probably on his way back east toward where he'd come from. He called himself "David" but Wakelin believes that was not his true name. In spite of Wakelin’s recollections, the follow-ups produced no new leads into John Doe’s true identity. Police believe he may have been from the Maritimes or New England.
John Doe is buried in the Southeast portion of Regina’s Riverside Cemetery. A rectangular granite headstone marks the grave, the gift of a woman now living in Turner Valley, Alberta.

This was bothering me since reading this post..
One page says David, and here it says Brian

Additional Information:
Unknown male is an unidentified train/ pedestrian victim. The death occurred on the 28th day of July, 1995, at 3:38 p.m. in Regina, SK. The individual may have been in Kamloops, BC, at Padova City Resorts Inc., as he was in possession of one of their T-shirts. The unknown male's travelling partner stated that the unknown male said his name was Brian and he was from Ontario. The unknown male was very conscious in his personal hygiene as he always wanted to be clean shaven and neat in his appearance. This case is being investigated by the Office of the Chief Coroner and the Regina Police Service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back