GUILTY Canada - Rhoderie Estrada, 41, murdered by intruder, Toronto, May 2018 *arrest*

Carbone said there was no relationship between the suspect and victim. He said they believe they know the motive, but will not be releasing it at this time.

Man arrested in murder of East York woman Rhoderie Estrada | The Star
Horrifying to think that there were three little girls asleep in the house when the perp broke in, thank goodness they were unharmed but now they have to grow up without their Mom.
Such a crying shame.
https://www.cp24.com/news/man-accused-in-murder-of-east-york-mom-
appears-in-court-1.3959192
"Estrada, who worked as a nurse at St. Joseph’s Health Centre, has been described by friends and family as a “lovely” mother who worked hard for her kids.

Her aunt and uncle said the family has been trying to shelter her young children from the reality of what’s happened to their mother."

"A man who identified himself as a friend of Murillo’s told CTV News Toronto that he knew him from the shelter system.

“He was back and forth,” Daniel Powell said. “He lived in a shelter. He had a rough life, he got kicked out of a bunch of shelters.”

Powell said he knew Murillo as an “easy going” person who “seemed to have a lot of friends.”

Police said they’re looking to speak with anyone who has had any contact with Murillo before or after the May 26."

IMO, police must have had his fingerprints/ DNA on file, for such a swift arrest.

I'm not familiar with the neighbourhood, but 72 Torrens Ave seems tucked away northwest of Pape Village, likely far from any homeless shelters or where many street people would hang out, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment.

IMO, police must have had his fingerprints/ DNA on file, for such a swift arrest.

I'm not familiar with the neighbourhood, but 72 Torrens Ave seems tucked away northwest of Pape Village, likely far from any homeless shelters or where many street people would hang out, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment.

They said he was known to police, so his fingerprints were likely on file. Unless he committed some kind of sex offence, I doubt they would have his DNA. As for where homeless people are, they seem to be everywhere these days. They are still mainly in the downtown core though.

This case is very intriguing though. Police never said anything like it appeared to be a robbery gone bad, and they don't seem to be commenting on anything about this case. I'm wondering if there may have been someone else involved? I'm wondering why he picked that particular house?

As far as the suspect goes, I wonder what happened to his wife and child? Pictures on his Facebook show him with a newer model iPhone, not something a homeless person would likely have. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pictures on his Facebook show him with a newer model iPhone, not something a homeless person would likely have. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

He had a lot of facebook friends, not to mention recently married, but had been kicked out of numerous homeless shelters: possibly deteriorating mental health? His last public post was a sweet cat video, 10 days before the murder. Something went wrong.

They said he was known to police, so his fingerprints were likely on file. Unless he committed some kind of sex offence, I doubt they would have his DNA. As for where homeless people are, they seem to be everywhere these days. They are still mainly in the downtown core though.

This case is very intriguing though. Police never said anything like it appeared to be a robbery gone bad, and they don't seem to be commenting on anything about this case. I'm wondering if there may have been someone else involved? I'm wondering why he picked that particular house?

As far as the suspect goes, I wonder what happened to his wife and child? Pictures on his Facebook show him with a newer model iPhone, not something a homeless person would likely have. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I'm also thinking someone else is involved.

I'm also thinking someone else is involved.
Looks like you are correct, someone else is allegedly involved!
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #41271
"The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of a second arrest in the investigation into Homicide #33/2018.

On Saturday, May 26, 2018, at approximately 2:15 a.m., officers responded to a 9-1-1 call at a home in the O'Connor Drive and Pape Avenue area.

See previous release.

On Friday, June 8, 2018, at approximately 10:45 a.m., David Beak, 23, of no fixed address, was arrested. He has been charged with First-Degree Murder.

He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, June 9, 2018, 10 a.m.

Homicide investigators are appealing to anyone who had any contact with David Beak."
David Beak, 23, charged with First-Degree Murder

NR.41271.1528487305.jpg

Second suspect charged in murder of East York mom
"On Friday morning at about 10:45 a.m., police arrested a second suspect, identified as 23-year-old David Beak of no fixed address.

He was charged with one count of first-degree murder.

He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday morning.

Investigators are asking to speak to anyone who has had any contact with Beak.

They can be reached at 416-808-7400."

I am finding LE's language curious here...
"Investigators are asking to speak to anyone who has had any contact with Beak"
and from the previous arrest:
"Police said they’re looking to speak with anyone who has had any contact with Murillo before or after the May 26"
I guess they are not talking or their stories/alibis are fluid.

I am finding LE's language curious here...
"Investigators are asking to speak to anyone who has had any contact with Beak"
and from the previous arrest:
"Police said they’re looking to speak with anyone who has had any contact with Murillo before or after the May 26"
I guess they are not talking or their stories/alibis are fluid.
Again, there is still more to this story. How did two homeless guys find themselves at that particular address? Was robbery the motive, because it was never said by police that this looked like a burglary gone bad. Apparently there was some renovations being done in the basement, possibly they are trying to connect one of these two guys to somebody that was working there? Or perhaps they are still suspicious of the husband and are trying to make a connection?

When the first arrested suspect - Yostin Murillo - appeared in court, a reporter mentioned he faced two other prior charges as well as the murder charge. It has not been mentioned whether those charges are in connection with this case.
Yostin Murillo has been brought into the courtroom wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Hair back in a high ponytail. Here for First Degree Murder of Rhoderie Estrada. And two prior charges robbery and uttering threats.
If those charges are in relation to this case, perhaps he was threatening the husband/restauranteur.
Catherine McDonald on Twitter

Maybe the husband stored cash from the restaurant in his house. He may have been paying some workers under the table, which is common in that business. Could these guys have worked at some point at his restaurant?
Not likely. Not the kind of guys you'd want in your restaurant. Possibly the second guy was part of the basement renovation?

I agree. If this was a break-in, why go upstairs into a bedroom? How would they know there weren't two people in there? Why murder the woman, rather than just run away?
I'm not sure if it was mentioned where the wife's body was found? I think it was reported she was found in a bedroom but perhaps there is a bedroom on the ground floor or even the basement...and if she was found upstairs, it could still mean that she came down and disturbed the intruders (and was hit?), fled upstairs and was then attacked further.

Last edited:
While I don't think that is a bad thing, they still have a home and a father who was the major breadwinner, why the fund raiser for the daughters? Not the family?
It would be almost impossible to run a restaurant with 3 young children without outside help in the form of an extended-hours nanny. I'm sure many single parents, especially, those without local family support, would agree that working in the hospitality industry makes raising a family single-handedly very, very difficult.

Im sure they will investigate whether his resturant was doing well financially or not.If not they will look at whether their marriage was solid or suffering.Then if not they will look to see if there is an insurance policy that could be a motive for financial gain.Its possible she had an admirer,but if so why kill her unless she rebuffed them?With three kids at home it was risky at best.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back