CANADA Canada - Richard 'Ricky' Jones, 18, Brantford, Ont, Oct 1975

It's worth checking, but personally, I am of no belief that Ricky is John Doe from SC. Like I have mentioned before, the couple looks 'ethnic' is so many ways. Their complexion, features and their skin tone... they look like they could be similar to where I come from, as I am from a very specific background with similar physical characteristics. I think it's possible to rule out possible matches based on physical resemblance alone, but it's worth checking. I also don't really think they were from Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richard JONES.jpg

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MM-1975-11-01521

Missing since November 1975 (approximately) from Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

Age At Disappearance : 18 years
Height (estimate) : 176 - 178 cm (5'9" - 5'10")
Weight (estimate) : Unknown
Hair Colour : Brown, shoulder length, curly, parted in the middle
Eye Colour : Brown
Race : Caucasian
Dental Information : Teeth – some fillings
Notable Identifiers : Facial feature – slight cleft chin, Build – thin

Circumstances of Disappearance:

At the time of his disappearance, Ricky was living in Brantford. He was last seen by family on Clench Avenue.

In September 1975, Ricky enrolled in the Graphic Arts Program at the Oakville campus of Sheridan College. According to a recent inquiry from police, administrators at Sheridan College confirmed that Ricky did not continue his studies after January 1976.

Shortly after Ricky went missing, his family reported him missing to police. While the original file has not been located, the Brantford Police took a replacement missing person report in 2016.

Ricky has not been in contact with family or friends since the fall of 1975. The date of the disappearance listed above should be considered as an estimate only.

Ricky’s family and police would like to speak with anyone who knows of his current whereabouts or who had contact with Ricky since his disappearance.

Additional Information:

Although Richard Jones has not been heard from since 1975, his original missing persons paperwork was misplaced and an investigation was not opened at that time. His case was only formally opened in 2016.

Based on his physical characteristics, the date of his disappearance, and the unusually long gap between his disappearance and his missing persons investigation, I believe there is a possibility that Ricky is the male Sumter County Doe. It has long been believed that the male Doe was a Canadian from an upper socioeconomic standing who had access to dental work, all of which apply to Ricky. Since he was not added to Canada's missing person databases until 2017 (I believe he is still waiting to be added to the national database), it would make sense that the Sumter County police would not have found his case in previous searches for missing Canadian men. The family was operating under the belief that he was alive somewhere in Canada for many years, which would also explain why they did not seek out information about deceased persons in the United States. Police believe that Ricky is deceased and/or that he left Canada after disappearing. I'm not sure if it's a good enough match to send it in?

I made Ricky a thread in the Sumter County Doe forum, but I also wanted to make him a missing persons thread here, in case I'm wrong, and to see if anyone else has ideas about what happened to him.

Bumping.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...or-missing-man-not-seen-in-41-years-1.3477029
attachment.php

According to police, Jones was last seen in 1975 on Clench Avenue in Brantford. He went to Sheridan College in September that year and was in the graphic arts or graphic design program.

Police are publicizing the family's interest in hopes that "someone may know where the missing male is now living so that police can contact him to advise that his family are looking for him after all these years," it says in a release.

Anyone with information as to his whereabouts is asked to call Detective Terry Shipp at 519-756-0113 x 2266.
http://www.missingadults.ca/caseimages/01521_Image_3_L.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• 59-year-old-richard-henry-jones.jpg
    59-year-old-richard-henry-jones.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 01521_Image_3_L.jpg
    01521_Image_3_L.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 114
It's worth checking, but personally, I am of no belief that Ricky is John Doe from SC. Like I have mentioned before, the couple looks 'ethnic' is so many ways. Their complexion, features and their skin tone... they look like they could be similar to where I come from, as I am from a very specific background with similar physical characteristics. I think it's possible to rule out possible matches based on physical resemblance alone, but it's worth checking. I also don't really think they were from Canada.

Could they be from Argentina or Morocco, Eastern Europe, or could they be Jewish, perhaps visiting from Israel ?
speculation.

I agree. I think Richard is Sumpter Doe.

I agree as well that there is a good possibility that Ricky Jones is Jock doe!!

I would love it to be true but I dont think this is Jock from SC.

I noticed on the following CBC article that it states Ricky Jones last used his Social Insurance card in 1980, 5 years after he was last seen in Brantford. (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/ricky-jones-brantford-missing-1.3543334)

Just wondering if it was much easier to assume a new identity in the early 1980's. Why he would want to, I don't know . I haven't read anything that indicates Ricky had a bad home life, from the articles I've read, it sounds more like a normal teen upbringing. Unless while at college he got into something underground or generally not accepted in the era? I am a bit baffled by this disappearance, my thought is that perhaps he was separating himself from his family as teens and young adults tend to do and then he met with foul play. (Early Bruce MacArthur victim- doubtful, but not out of the realm of possibility I guess). I wish the family had closure.

I noticed on the following CBC article that it states Ricky Jones last used his Social Insurance card in 1980, 5 years after he was last seen in Brantford. (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/ricky-jones-brantford-missing-1.3543334)

Just wondering if it was much easier to assume a new identity in the early 1980's. Why he would want to, I don't know . I haven't read anything that indicates Ricky had a bad home life, from the articles I've read, it sounds more like a normal teen upbringing. Unless while at college he got into something underground or generally not accepted in the era? I am a bit baffled by this disappearance, my thought is that perhaps he was separating himself from his family as teens and young adults tend to do and then he met with foul play. (Early Bruce MacArthur victim- doubtful, but not out of the realm of possibility I guess). I wish the family had closure.

If his number was used it was probably someone who stole his identity.

Where is Ricky Jones?
Colour bolded bm.
"Wiedrick said the members of the major crime team tossed the problem around and set out a few ideas for proceeding: report Ricky missing now, wait until 2017 when the RCMP plan to start a DNA bank of missing persons
, or file to the Canada Revenue Agency through Freedom of Information.

A recent Toronto news story about a homeless man being given tickets to a Maple Leafs game was seen by the man's family out east, giving them peace to know he was still alive and well.

It also gave the Brantford Police an idea.

"We thought 'Let's get this out on Twitter, where we have thousands of followers' and maybe someone will say 'Hey! I know where he is!'"

"In recent years, Diane started looking at missing person sites that document people who have disappeared and unidentified bodies that have been found.

"It's hard to look at all these cases but they're taking DNA now from these unidentified bodies and there have been several instances of identifying kids from the 70s. I kept waiting to see Ricky's picture there, thinking they'd add it soon."

When nothing ever appeared about Ricky, Diane began her own 'investigation', calling old Brantford Collegiate Institute friends, various police services and departments of Sheridan College."

"The family has some of Ricky's DNA, in case they're ever asked to compare it with a body.

In September 1975, Ricky enrolled in Sheridan College's graphic arts or graphic design program. It's not known when he stopped attending classes.

"Was it a decision to leave? Did he get killed by drugs or an overdose? Was he murdered? We've never heard a peep," says Diane. "He just seemed to fall off the face of the earth and I can't believe he's never ever contacted us in any way."

Anyone who has any information about the disappearance of Ricky Jones is asked to call Det. Terry Shipp at 519-756-0113, ext. 2266."

What Happened To Ricky Jones? His Family Is Still Waiting For Him To Come Home
Case Number: ON-MM-1975-11-01521
Name: Richard Henry Jones
Known As: “Ricky” Jones
Missing Since: November 1, 1975 (Approximately)
Missing From: #Brantford, #Ontario, #Canada
ricky-jones4.jpg

Classification: #Missing
Date Of Birth: 1956
Age at the time of disappearance: 18 Years
Height: 178 – 183 cm (5’10” – 6’0″)
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Brown – shoulder length, curly, parted in the middle
Eye Color: Brown
Race / Ethnicity: Caucasian
Physical Build: Thin / Slender
Sex: Male
Distinguishing Characteristics: Has a bit of a cleft chin. Did have some fillings in his teeth.

5315DMON - Richard Henry Jones
5315DMON - Richard Henry Jones

5315DMON.jpg
5315DMON1.jpg

Name: Richard Henry Jones
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 1, 1975
Location Last Seen: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1956
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 179 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, Curly, Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Brown
Nicknames/Aliases: Ricky
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium build, Slight cleft chin

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White T-shirt, Blue jeans
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Richard Jones was last seen at his family’s residence in Brantford on Clench Avenue in late fall of 1975 and has not been seen since. Mr. Jones was also enrolled in the Graphic Design course at Sheridan College’s Oakville Campus in September of 1975.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Brantford Police Service
Agency Contact Person: Det. Terry Shipp
Agency Phone Number: 519-756-0113, ext. 2266
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: BR16007288

It sounds like his sister would need to initiate the request to have the DNA compared. It doesn't sound like it's in any database where an automatic comparison would happen.

Easier if his sister did ancestry DNA then uploads to GEDmatch and FTDNA. Once uploaded can contact DDP with the kit number for them to check

His social security number was checked in 1980 and last used in 1975. I am his sister who had him re-reported.

DNA was not a match. I am his sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23