CANADA CANADA - ROBERT PICKTON, Pig Farm Killer, Vancouver, 1990'S

jury still out on this one going onto the the 6th day.. people are beginning to worry..

What the heck?! I know here it takes a while to fill out all the paperwork for each charge in a case. Could that be contributing to this length of time in this case? I thought deciding guilty would be the easy part.

Taximom

I don't know if Picton was smart enough to pull this off and get away with it for so long. Plus with all the weirdos that came and went on his farm it hards to tell if he did this or if one of the other "unsavory" characters that hung around him did it.
Plus as a side note a guy that was just killed in Oakville Ontario has links to the Pickton case - so the mystery continues.
At first I thought he did it but after reading several articles I'm not sure I have my doubts.

Thanks, wtsn5. I thought from earlier reading (last year?!) that one escaped and was an eyewitness. Maybe that was another case here...

Well...it sounds to me like someone doesn't think Pickton was directly involved.
Nothing would surprise me in this case. Peter Richie the defense attorney is brilliant. I met him years ago.

I just heard on the radio that the Judge (at this minute) is going over his earlier instructions to the jury in response to their question. He said he previously erred.
It's a bit confusing and there is no link right now about the latest development.

A Christmas tree decorated with lights and 26 white angels mysteriously appeared overnight Friday in the courtyard in front of the New Westminster courthouse where the jury deciding the fate of accused killer Robert (Willie) Pickton began its seventh day of verdict deliberations.

The tree was apparently left anonymously. Its lights now have been plugged in and it provides some seasonal cheer for those gathered at the courthouse to await the verdict, including the families of victims.

The jury was silent again Friday morning after coming back Thursday with a question.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c5f166a3-da56-484b-bd51-d38ac22733b2&k=9145

A Christmas tree decorated with lights and 26 white angels mysteriously appeared overnight Friday in the courtyard in front of the New Westminster courthouse where the jury deciding the fate of accused killer Robert (Willie) Pickton began its seventh day of verdict deliberations.

The tree was apparently left anonymously. Its lights now have been plugged in and it provides some seasonal cheer for those gathered at the courthouse to await the verdict, including the families of victims.

The jury was silent again Friday morning after coming back Thursday with a question.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c5f166a3-da56-484b-bd51-d38ac22733b2&k=9145

Here's a partial photo. You can see the angels which are lovely!

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSN0732487820071208?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

I heard a rumor that the jury is ready to deliver a verdict at 11:30AM PT today. I'm watching the news in BC...

The jury in Robert William Pickton's murder trial is to begin delivering its verdict in New Westminster, B.C., at 11:30 a.m. PT Sunday.

The seven men and five women on the jury will return to B.C. Supreme Court with their decision after eight days of deliberations.

Pickton, a 58-year-old pig farmer from Port Coquitlam, B.C., was charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of six women who went missing from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside — Sereena Abotsway, Mona Wilson, Andrea Joesbury, Brenda Wolfe, Marnie Frey and Georgina Papin.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/12/09/pickton-verdict.html

They make they jurors work on Sundays?! Thanks for the link.

Guilty - 6 counts of second degree murder, according to the CBC(Canadian Broadcast Corp) live from the courthouse.

Finally justice has been done for the six victims and their families. Long trial, long time for a verdict, but finally justice has prevailed.

The juries are "not working", they were given a charge by the judge, were separated from the public and they deliberate until they have a verdict. It is not like they have a job "and" are given days off. Everyone is waiting for the verdict. They are given breaks, meals etc. But their "job" is to come up with a verdict, be it 10 minutes or 10 days.

Thanks, Cyberlaw. LOL I'm apparently not watching a "live" account of what's happening!

Thanks also for the explanation about working vs not working. :rolleyes:

:behindbar I'm glad Pickton's going to spend the rest of his life in jail. I hope they house him in the coldest jail in Canada.

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Goodbye MR Pickton...I am so glad you are NEVER going to see the light of day again.
The jury definetly got it right...
I do not think there is a sentance long enough for this creep..
Now for his brother...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back