Canada - Robert White for building dungeon in kidnap plot, Pickering, Ont, 2011

Amazing! Got to make you wonder what was going on there, and by whom!

I think the fire kind of rules it out as a movie set. Its highly unlikely that a fire would start at that particular location, after the dungeon was found, unless it was set by someone. Whoever built the dungeon was afraid of what they would find during the investigation. Hopefully LE did all of the testing that they needed to in time! This is the 1st I've heard it was sound proof.

With the house being abandoned and boarded up, we must assume that there was no hydro going into the building, therefore, that rules out mice starting the fire. Someone went back to that house to start this fire...very brave move when the media has stated that this property was being guarded. Someone had something to hide, I hope LE got everything they needed when first discovered.

Too bad some sort of hunter's camera or other video surveillance wasn't left to watch the place for activity after mention of the dungeon was made....

Now I have to think this is pretty suspicious. At first I thought it was created to a goth photo shoot with those weird models who are made up to look like they're dead, etc. But now, I have to think dirty. Something is going on with this IMO.

692eb29546628f1ebc71b24b9ba5.jpeg

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1111596--mystery-dungeon-house-burns-to-the-ground#photo

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-room-burns-to-the-ground-in-suspicious-fire/

“I can’t get into what was in the room, but the way it was constructed — the time and effort put into it and the materials used — clearly indicated it was a room designed to hold somebody in,” Durham Regional Police Detective Darren Short said last month.

“There was a locking mechanism nobody would be able to penetrate or breach.”
-----------------

A locking mechanism designed to hold someone in.

A mechanism. Multiple coded locks or door set-up like in the Fritzl case?

Anyone have guesses?

I know some builders who build duplex buildings...the center wall seperating the 2 units have to be soundproof...many materials bought today that are soundproof are also fireproof. I wonder if this room is still intact, it was in the basement, so hopefully it is.

I think the fire kind of rules it out as a movie set. Its highly unlikely that a fire would start at that particular location, after the dungeon was found, unless it was set by someone. Whoever built the dungeon was afraid of what they would find during the investigation. Hopefully LE did all of the testing that they needed to in time! This is the 1st I've heard it was sound proof.

Soundproof? and I thought my imagination was running wild when I thought of that !!
I do hope LE had the property under surveillance.
You're right Wanting2Help, no movie set, also nobody came forward.
I am with you n/t - was wondering the same - why go public? why not just keep a close eye on the property and see who went there? Don't know if it would be possible to mount some tiny surveillance cameras, very well hidden inside or outside, or maybe even mounted on surrounding trees.
Or maybe I watch too many CSI shows :confused:

The 'materials used" statement made me think of 'sound-proofing' material !!

I think my imagination is running wild on this one.

Question:

Why was this house not under police surveillance? If it was being watched they would have caught whoever started the fire before it got out of control, and maybe even have spotted additional activity on other occasions. I read that the room was built relatively recently "Police said the house was last occupied in 2006, but the room was new — believed to have been built within the last year or two." If I were them I would have had my eye on this place day and night.

Also judging from the pictures, this does not look like an amateur movie set to me.

Soundproof? and I thought my imagination was running wild when I thought of that !!
I do hope LE had the property under surveillance.
You're right Wanting2Help, no movie set, also nobody came forward.

Yes, I ruled out movie set when I read...
-soundproof material was used
-There was a locking mechanism nobody would be able to penetrate or breach
-The windows are so strong, the source told CBC News, that not even a crowbar could break them

Question:

Why was this house not under police surveillance? If it was being watched they would have caught whoever started the fire before it got out of control, and maybe even have spotted additional activity on other occasions. I read that the room was built relatively recently "Police said the house was last occupied in 2006, but the room was new — believed to have been built within the last year or two." If I were them I would have had my eye on this place day and night.

Also judging from the pictures, this does not look like an amateur movie set to me.

I read somewhere up thread that the inspection was done in nov of 2010, over a year ago...this room in question was not built at this time. So sometime between Nov 2010 to Nov 2011 this room was constructed.

I wonder if the room was fingerprinted? What about the water bottles? They could have been traced to the supplier and store where they were purchased. I'm thinking terrorist group or sadistic sexual deviant.

Is it possible to detect cell phone pings from the nearest tower and trace the numbers of the phones that were in the area early Friday morning?

I can't think of any Canadian terrorist group who would need their own private dungeon, so I would go with sadistic sexual deviant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back