Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

@iamshadow21 Just wanted to clarify, we were discussing the fingerprints of the victims potential family, not her own prints. Good point though, there might not have been much to take a print. However there is enough to make an ID.

LE stated they believe the body had been kept somewhere else based on decomposition and insect activity. I don't think her remains were completely skeletal but I also don't know much about insect activity.

Where someone might have kept her, why they chose to move her and why that location?

@branmuffin If you Google the address in maps, there are various images of the house during different periods of time. Of course I'm sure LE already know how long the bin was there for.

I can't believe police would openly state that they have zero leads. Unless it's a bluff, why would they say this?
Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I replied when I was very overtired. I saw fingerprints and refugees and obviously missed the mention of parents.

It's ok you dont need to apologize! You made a good point tbh.
My sleep cycle had got completely turned around, so I stayed up for twenty three hours yesterday/day before. I should probably have been banned from typing by about hour fifteen, but this seems to have been my biggest goof that I've found, so far. :)

I think LE are telling the truth when they say they have zero leads. It may also be a plea to some people they believe know who this child is, either because they may know or be known to to the killer(s) and are scared to come forward.
That's terrible the police should've lied and said they were working on leads. Telling the public they have nothing is telling the killer they've gotten away with it.

Coming forward isn't very easy either. There's no protection for those who want to tell what they know. People don't want to involve themselves and risk being mistreated or considered a suspect.

Someone literally threw a child in the garbage and got away with it. FWIW I hate this thread.

That's terrible the police should've lied and said they were working on leads. Telling the public they have nothing is telling the killer they've gotten away with it.

Coming forward isn't very easy either. There's no protection for those who want to tell what they know. People don't want to involve themselves and risk being mistreated or considered a suspect.

Someone literally threw a child in the garbage and got away with it. FWIW I hate this thread.

If LE say they have no leads they could be saying that because they want the killer to be comfortable. If an assailant thinks they got away with a murder the may choose not to leave the province or the country. And even if they have no leads it doesn't mean they aren't working on the crime.

If LE say they have no leads they could be saying that because they want the killer to be comfortable. If an assailant thinks they got away with a murder the may choose not to leave the province or the country. And even if they have no leads it doesn't mean they aren't working on the crime.
I've always been of the belief that LE lie to the public all the time and pretend to know nothing. I'd rather this than learning that they truly have nothing.

A number of things about this little girl remind me of Cadence Langley. The way her remains were found wrapped and placed into a container. How no one was looking or reported her missing. She couldn't be ID'd compared to photos of MPs in the area. Not in school, no regular check ups etc. The level of neglect and lack of love is heartbreaking.

Nearly eight months after the badly composed remains of a young girl were found in a dumpster in the driveway of a Rosedale home under construction, police are hopeful genetic genealogy will help them solve the mystery of the child's
identity.

Insp. Hank Idsinga, who oversees the homicide and missing persons unit for the Toronto Police Service, says investigators are now running the child's DNA in an effort to figure out who she is.

Nearly eight months after the badly composed remains of a young girl were found in a dumpster in the driveway of a Rosedale home under construction, police are hopeful genetic genealogy will help them solve the mystery of the child's
identity.

Insp. Hank Idsinga, who oversees the homicide and missing persons unit for the Toronto Police Service, says investigators are now running the child's DNA in an effort to figure out who she is.
YEEEESSSSS! Let's get the genetic genealogists in and get this done! I don't want this girl to be another child waiting decades for an ID. I know it can be harder to trace Does who aren't white, but that's no reason not to try. Let's get this little girl her name back.

Cross-posting on the off chance that there is a connection between this child and a live baby found abandoned on a NS lawn in 2017? speculation, imo.

1673206544484.png
Lengthy article, posted elsewhere.
Jan 7 2023 rbbm.
“The Solicitor General’s office has given a grant for us to submit 30 sets of DNA for genetic genealogy testing in 2022 and another 30 in 2023 . That includes unsolved murders, sex assaults and unidentified human remains,” Smith said.

Fifteen of the sets will be from Toronto cops, the other 15 from police services around the province.

What the genealogical tests do is narrow the suspect tree by tens of millions using websites like Ancestry.com and 23andme. The tests narrow the DNA to a family group. After that, it’s old-fashioned shoe leather.''

''Missing persons and unidentified human remains would be almost impossible to solve using the old methods. In addition, Smith said cops are working on a national clearinghouse for the missing.

“This is significant because it finally puts together missing persons cases from across Canada and it’s becoming very organized,” the veteran detective said.''

''Also on the list is little Rosedale Jane Doe whose lifeless body was discovered in a dumpster in the posh neighbourhood last spring.''

''There are 64 other sets of unidentified remains in Toronto stretching back decades.''

1683116336612.png
1683116258492.png
May 2 2023 lengthy article, rbbm.
''It’s been exactly one year since the remains of a little girl were found in a dumpster outside an under-construction house in Toronto’s affluent Rosedale neighbourhood and her identity remains unknown.

Since the gruesome discovery outside a home on Dale Avenue, north of Castle Frank Station, investigators have interviewed people in the area and made appeals to the public for information. They’ve released a description and composite sketch of the child and did genetic genealogy testing to see if her DNA was a match with any children reported missing across North America.

But the investigation remains unsolved''

Now, community members are coming together to try to bring renewed attention to this mysterious case.

Rev. Daniel Cho, of the nearby Rosedale Presbyterian Church (RPC), said this tragedy has left people in the community with feelings of shock, horror, and sadness.

“Usually we assume that (the police) are going to catch who ever is responsible,” he told CP24.com during a recent interview.

“(This little girl) is a ghost and she shouldn’t be.”

''Cho, was hired as the local church’s new minister just two weeks before the child’s remains were found and officially assumed his new role in July, said he knew from the day the remains were discovered that he wanted to do something special with his new congregation to honour her.

“I feel that no person should pass from this earth with no identity, especially a child,” said Cho, who along with several members of his church has organized a one-year service of remembrance.

The gathering will be held on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Rosedale Presbyterian Church at 129 Mt. Pleasant Rd.

“We really want to bring dignity to this child’s life, which is something she didn’t have in her death,” he said.

“We want to change the narrative. We don’t want the last words about her to be those circumstances.”

''Last spring, investigators said they believe that she could have died as far back the summer or even fall of 2021.

They also said that the child’s remains were placed in the dumpster sometime between noon on April 28 and 4:45 p.m. on May 2, 2022.''

by Jennifer Pagliaro
May 4 2023 rbbm
1683232385108.png

“It’s for the community to come together as human beings and to honour this girl,” said Rev. Daniel Cho, who learned he would be ministering at the Toronto church just two weeks before police announced the discovery.

“That news was fresh in my mind,” he said. “It was a punch in the gut to me.”

“We all felt that this body had been discarded with care so it was a bit haunting,” she said, referring to the pastel, butterfly blanket and another richly patterned blanket police say the girl was wrapped in. Church members have been knitting scarves in similar colours for event participants to wear — a visual memory of the little girl.

“It’s a case that deserves to be solved.”

''A hymn written by Scottish minister John Bell for a child who had died will be part of the program. It goes in part: “We cannot watch you growing into childhood and find a new uniqueness every day / But special as you would have been among us / You still will stay.”

''Members of the Toronto Police’s investigative team are expected to be in attendance Saturday. Cho said he approached them several months ago about the church’s idea of a service and said they have been very supportive.''
Saturday’s service begins at 2 p.m. at 129 Mount Pleasant Rd., followed by a gathering in the church’s garden if weather permits. A livestream of the service will be available at rosedalepresbyterianchurch.ca.''

by Jennifer Pagliaro
May 4 2023 rbbm
View attachment 419610

“It’s for the community to come together as human beings and to honour this girl,” said Rev. Daniel Cho, who learned he would be ministering at the Toronto church just two weeks before police announced the discovery.

“That news was fresh in my mind,” he said. “It was a punch in the gut to me.”

“We all felt that this body had been discarded with care so it was a bit haunting,” she said, referring to the pastel, butterfly blanket and another richly patterned blanket police say the girl was wrapped in. Church members have been knitting scarves in similar colours for event participants to wear — a visual memory of the little girl.

“It’s a case that deserves to be solved.”

''A hymn written by Scottish minister John Bell for a child who had died will be part of the program. It goes in part: “We cannot watch you growing into childhood and find a new uniqueness every day / But special as you would have been among us / You still will stay.”

''Members of the Toronto Police’s investigative team are expected to be in attendance Saturday. Cho said he approached them several months ago about the church’s idea of a service and said they have been very supportive.''
Saturday’s service begins at 2 p.m. at 129 Mount Pleasant Rd., followed by a gathering in the church’s garden if weather permits. A livestream of the service will be available at rosedalepresbyterianchurch.ca.''

Every detail about this is beautiful.

“Church members have been knitting scarves in similar colours for event participants to wear — a visual memory of the little girl.”

My guess is she was undocumented in Canada. Either from Africa or the USA. If the latter, these 2 missing girls might be worth a second look. Finding it tough to find any info on Neveah.
Nevaeh Lachey Gholson The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Zaela Walker The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
View attachment 420078
If anyone could find more info on Nevaeh Lachey Gholson or her mother, pics etc, that would be appreciated...

''The service is anticipated to last approximately one hour. Reporters will be permitted inside the church, however, due to limited space, cameras will be allowed inside on a first come, first served basis and will be expected to stay inside for the duration of the service to avoid any disruptions.

Investigators from 53 Division and the Homicide and Missing Persons Unit will be in attendance to speak at the service and to support the community, but will not be providing media interviews or updates on the investigation.''

'Scheduled for May 6, 2023
This is a live stream Special Service, ”A Service to Remember Her”, from Rosedale Presbyterian Church in Toronto, Canada. Service of Worship will begin at 2 PM EDT on May 6, 2023. Last year in May, we were shocked when the remains of a little girl were found in the Rosedale area. A year later, there has been no opportunity to mark her passing, and her identity is still unknown. To honour and affirm the life and dignity of this child -- and every child -- a public, neighbourhood service of remembrance will be held at Rosedale Presbyterian Church, 129 Mount Pleasant Road.'

If anyone could find more info on Nevaeh Lachey Gholson or her mother, pics etc, that would be appreciated...
Started thread..

Established thread, arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie