CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

Thinking that kids do not generally read those warnings, however there was one line that caught my attention because it sounded funny.
Maybe if they put that line in larger print than the rest of the warnings, it might grab their attention and they might just read the whole thing. imo speculation.
From my original link.. rbbm.
Thinking of using MDMA for the first time? Here are some things to think about | Global Drug Survey
"If you experience something you find uncomfortable or something you are not sure is normal (e.g. feeling hot and sweaty, suddenly realising you love everyone, thinking your jaw is locked or that you have an overwhelming need to poo) you need to be able to talk to someone."
I agree large bold print. I really don't think these kids read up on anything. So sad.

If Ryan died in that house or his own house, I believe one of the cadaver dogs would have got a hit. It is most probable that Ryan left alone or fell behind, was not dressed well for the weather, became hypothermic in the 20 minutes or so his mom says it takes to get from there to where he lived, and terminally burrowed somewhere that has been difficult to discover. I don't believe the cougar story, though animals could have definitely come into play after the fact, making it that much harder. Even if that is the case - there is always something left behind, and someday someone will find it.

If Ryan died in that house or his own house, I believe one of the cadaver dogs would have got a hit. It is most probable that Ryan left alone or fell behind, was not dressed well for the weather, became hypothermic in the 20 minutes or so his mom says it takes to get from there to where he lived, and terminally burrowed somewhere that has been difficult to discover. I don't believe the cougar story, though animals could have definitely come into play after the fact, making it that much harder. Even if that is the case - there is always something left behind, and someday someone will find it.
As a parent all anyone can hope for is he is found and that whatever happened, he didn't suffer. Living in Alberta I know what our winters are like so I understand the terrain in Sun Peaks somewhat. Just hoping that it doesn't take too long to find him and take him home to his family. Just heartbreaking.

Shtuka family hopes turnover within RCMP detachment will mean fresh eyes on case

Snipped...
..."I mean, I have nowhere else to look," Heather says. "I don't have anywhere else to search; there's nobody else that's given me anything that's valid. Where on that hill? I mean it's such a vast area. Could he have been moved, could he have been taken? I don't know what those scenarios are."

On top of the lack of evidence, Heather says the family has had to overcome the hurdle of a lack of consistency within the Kamloops Rural RCMP Detachment.

[more @ link]

ETA: CFJC Today Ryan Shtuka mini-doc2

Last edited:
I think it is time for everyone to quit protecting the "friends" and go further in their investigation. Ryan didn't just disappear into thin air and Sun Peaks area has no concern about their safety because the RCMP already know but need to find Ryan. So Ryan's "good Friend" where is he, who is he? On one of the podcasts Ryan's Mom stated that his missing person case was a criminal investigation. Whoever you are this is going to be solved. The sooner you step up the better for you. I believe it was an accident. I think Ryan received some drugs laced with fentanyl, no one would know that, thus an accident. Please just make a call to Crime Stoppers so he can go home. What if your parents were searching for you?

Last edited:

I have followed this case for almost a year now as I spend a lot of time in Canada and was aware of when Ryan first went missing. I too, at this point, believe Ryan met with foul play. I think during the Spring thaw Ryan's body would have decomposed, after having been frozen for months in deep snow, if he was near or close by the "beaten path" I think Cadaver dogs would have been able to locate him in the Spring, IMO. The statement from the person that alleged hearing arguing the night Ryan disappeared has always bothered me.

I hope Ryan's parents eventually learn of his fate and/or recover him. I do not believe he is alive and I really do not think he died of hypothermia or fell in a ditch or "got lost" on his short walk home from the party. I hope that as years pass someone with knowledge comes forward, as is sometimes the case.

Shtuka family hopes turnover within RCMP detachment will mean fresh eyes on case
January 24, 2019
"Although Sun Peaks is growing and becoming a more popular tourist destination, it doesn't have its own RCMP detachment. It's an issue Heather thinks should be looked at more closely.

"I keep reading it's a great destination place for winter seasons and it's pushing to be that all around destination. But there is no real form of security up there, and even during these winter months, there is no person that's situated up there at least during that time period to provide support and protection to the residents, the guests and their workers," she says. "I think people always react. We'll be very reactive when a situation comes, but isn't it time to look at it and go, 'Okay, what proactively can we do?'"

January 24, 2019
"Although Sun Peaks is growing and becoming a more popular tourist destination, it doesn't have its own RCMP detachment. It's an issue Heather thinks should be looked at more closely.

"I keep reading it's a great destination place for winter seasons and it's pushing to be that all around destination. But there is no real form of security up there, and even during these winter months, there is no person that's situated up there at least during that time period to provide support and protection to the residents, the guests and their workers," she says. "I think people always react. We'll be very reactive when a situation comes, but isn't it time to look at it and go, 'Okay, what proactively can we do?'"
I totally agree that this resort and all out there should have some form of policing. A 45 minute drive is way too long a response time for help.

From November 2017:
Kamloops ranks 23rd on list of Canada's Most Dangerous Places

From April 2018:
The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In British Columbia - 604 Now

Snipped...
...Kamloops
...It has a population of 88,898, and is ranked 23/229 on the Crime Severity Index in all of Canada. In comparison, the average of 70.96 in all of Canada, having gone up by 128 in the last year.

The highest crime rate is for assault, at a rate of 538.82 per 100,000 people; the national average of 430.68.
From what has been in the news lately it appears that BC has a huge problem with drugs, money laundering and people in power that choose to ignore it. Winter now, not much to be done but hope some new information comes in to find Ryan. Very sad for all involved.

We need to keep Ryan Shtuka's name in the news. People don't just disappear someone know what has happened to him. If his name doesn't stay out in the news he will be forgotten. Being from Alberta I don't want this to happen to him and his family.

The above posts suggest to me that Ryan's disappearance is related to drug activity by Ryan such as bad reaction or overdose. I believe the answers are in Kamloops where the drugs originate from.
Its possible that Ryan had a bad reaction to a drug was driven by others to Kamloops to a drug dealers home looking for a remedy/antidote but he died and his body disposed of. I know this sounds a bit extreme but with no trace of Ryan in Sun Peaks I think its plausible.

The above posts suggest to me that Ryan's disappearance is related to drug activity by Ryan such as bad reaction or overdose. I believe the answers are in Kamloops where the drugs originate from.
Its possible that Ryan had a bad reaction to a drug was driven by others to Kamloops to a drug dealers home looking for a remedy/antidote but he died and his body disposed of. I know this sounds a bit extreme but with no trace of Ryan in Sun Peaks I think its plausible.
What you are suggesting about a possible over dose or a bad reaction to drugs is possible imo, maybe it would be prudent to search along a route that one would take to a hospital.

Is there an active hospital in Sun Peaks? I have always thought that somehow he overdosed, by accident, whoever was with him got scared about being charged with something and took him off the hill. I hope I am wrong. Some guy heard yelling by Ryan's residence, who knows what that means but....Whoever knows PLEASE help this young man go home to his family. His parents can never rest until he is back home. PLEASE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back