CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

Maybe Ryan hitched a ride to a nearby to town to get something and something went wrong such as accident or foul play praying that is not what happened.

http://sunpeaksnews.com/family-continues-to-search-as-snow-melts-29495.htm

[h=1]Family continues to search as snow melts[/h]
[FONT=&quot]In early April his family announced they were re-examining a tip from early in the investigation which prompted them to update the potential timeline and search location.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The potential sighting was on Fairways Dr. near Eagle Court and the they been searching the area since April 5 with probes, shovels and an excavator.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On April 19 Search and Rescue BC will travel from Victoria with cadaver dogs to search through the weekend. They will be supplemented by a group expected to number around 50 volunteers travelling from Alberta for the weekend.[/FONT]

Shtuka family needs volunteers to help find Ryan
published about 12 hours ago

Whether it's a few hours or a few days, the family wants to hear from you

Ryan’s mother, Heather, is looking for volunteers to help search for her son.
“We’ll provide all the equipment that you need. You just need to come dressed. We’ll give you some water, some snacks to keep you going,” she says. “And we’ll show you the techniques to do in order to probe and do great searches.”

https://www.kamloopsmatters.com/local-news/shtuka-family-needs-volunteers-to-help-find-ryan-907082

Weekend search for Ryan Shtuka planned
Apr. 27, 2018

This Saturday, another busload of volunteers will depart for Sun Peaks, courtesy of the organizers of the Missing: Ryan Shtuka Facebook page.

The ride is free and will leave from the Sahali Mall parking lot at 8 a.m. returning at 4 p.m. Volunteers are asked to wear appropriate winter clothing and, while snowshoes and search equipment will be provided, searchers are encouraged to bring their own.

Heather said she gets anxious about leaving Sun Peaks, noting she and Scott will not leave until the snow melts, so they can know for sure whether he’s there or not.
She said Kamloops Search and Rescue is expected to return in mid-May to search once again when the snow has melted.

In the 10 weeks since Ryan disappeared, the Shtukas have had about 570 people volunteer to help them search — many of whom they did not know.

She said without them, there would have been no one else searching for Ryan.

“We’ve made some wonderful friendships out of this and the fact that so many people have cared is just unbelievable to us,” she said.
The tip has opened up a long stretch of Fairways Drive to Eagle Court as a potential area where Ryan’s body may be, making searching even more difficult.

With the snow now melting in Sun Peaks, Heather said there is a better chance of being able to recover her son’s body.

She said she believes her son likely succumbed to the elements.

As for the possibility Ryan may have been met with foul play that night, Heather said “there’s no evidence that he left that hill whether willingly or unwillingly or unknowingly.”

While she thinks about that scenario, she has to keep it out of her mind.
https://www.saobserver.net/news/weekend-search-planned-for-ryan-shtuka/

Three hours ago on the MISSING: RYAN SHTUKA page, Ryan's mom posted a video of snow on the evergreens with a simple, heartbreaking caption: "Will it ever stop?"

I am hoping that Ryan did leave Sun Peak on his own maybe due to some accident that left him disoriented because the alternative is very grim.

https://www.barrierestarjournal.com/news/search-for-ryan-shtuka-continues-at-sun-peaks/
“My husband’s been out there since Monday, Feb. 19,” she said. “It does not matter if it’s minus-20 and it does not matter if it’s plus-10, he goes out every single day and searches all day long.”

She said Kamloops Search and Rescue is expected to return in mid-May to search once again when the snow has melted.

In the 10 weeks since Ryan disappeared, the Shtukas have had about 570 people volunteer to help them search — many of whom they did not know.
Recently, the parents have refocused on a new area, following up on a possible sighting of their son heading in the opposite direction of his home and toward an establishment in the village that may have still been open.

“The description matches, the person was sober because they just finished work, so it’s a possibility; however, as much as that is positive, on the other hand … all it does is expand the area in which he could have gone,” Heather said.

The tip has opened up a long stretch of Fairways Drive to Eagle Court as a potential area where Ryan’s body may be, making searching even more difficult.

With the snow now melting in Sun Peaks, Heather said there is a better chance of being able to recover her son’s body.

Search conditions improve, efforts to find Ryan Shtuka increase
May 13, 2018 - 11:57am
Updated: May 14, 2018 - 12:08pm

More than 40 volunteer searchers from Alberta flew in on a donated charter flight to scour the resort for any trace of Shtuka.

"It's allowed us to bring in a large group," said volunteer search coordinator Dennis Chin, "and to get in to the ground work now before the undergrowth grows too much, and really search hard in the trees."

WATCH video:
https://cfjctoday.com/article/620539/search-conditions-improve-efforts-find-ryan-shtuka-increase

Search for Shtuka passes 12 weeks
Ping places phone in resort early morning
May 11, 2018

New information released by the family described a cell phone tower ping at 3 a.m. on Feb. 17 that placed Ryan’s cell phone in Sun Peaks. No information was available on the exact location of his phone.

That fact, other information the family has, as well as mother’s intuition means Heather believes Ryan is still in Sun Peaks.

She said she has heard doubt he is still here as so much snow has melted and he is yet to be found.

“He’s in an area where there’s still lots of snow,” she said, adding that some areas they are searching are higher up the mountain and have waist deep snow in places.

“There are so many paths, trails and ways that he could’ve gone. We don’t know his state of mind, level of intoxication, if he was becoming hypothermic.

Read more here (very sad) :(
http://sunpeaksnews.com/search-for-shtuka-passes-12-weeks-29648.htm

So sad for his family, the not knowing...I really thought we would have had the tragic but seemingly inevitable press release by now.
Where can he be? Even the healthiest young man can only get so far...
I must admit I never really considered any scenarios other than misadventure and this seems to be the general consensus on the FB page. And yet so many searches and not a sign of him so far...
MISSING: RYAN SHTUKA

I have been following this sad case since the start,i know they were pretty firm on not suspecting foul play and they really believed the snow would melt and he would be found. Last weekend they had S&R back out, dogs, helicopter for one big search now that the snow is gone and nothing was found, not a single article of clothing or possession. I wonder now what course this investigation will take, if hes not in Sun Peaks there has to be foul play of some sort, i wonder if they will go back to the night of the party and people who attended, i believe by now some of them have left the country. Someone has to know more than they are saying. This family has gone through hell, i hope someone gives them something more to go on, i cant imagine losing my child and never knowing what happened. People dont simply vanish unless someone has made them vanish.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back