Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she went to do karaoke at Ducky's that night to have some fun. Maybe her phone was left behind because she needed time away from it or she simply forgot it. Calgary has a Thursday night life so she may have went out.

Seems strange that if she is separated from her husband that they had such a late encounter.

Also, after going thru her FB I suspect she is an insomniac of sorts and is more active in the late night hours.

Maybe she was dating again and her ex could be aware or not aware.

Thinking that S and former hubby, still share a home..

"Shannon was last seen in the early morning hours of Thursday, November 27, at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E in the community of Ramsay, a home she shares with her husband Josh."

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...out-contacting-anyone-1.2134851#ixzz3L9Omg28P

Concerning Shannon being an insomniac, not necessarily imo, keeping late hours as a performer are to be expected, just as" 9-5er" might wake up early, without being " a morning person" imo.

Thinking that S and former hubby, still share a home..

"Shannon was last seen in the early morning hours of Thursday, November 27, at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E in the community of Ramsay, a home she shares with her husband Josh."

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...out-contacting-anyone-1.2134851#ixzz3L9Omg28P

Concerning Shannon being an insomniac, not necessarily imo, keeping late hours as a performer are to be expected, just as" 9-5er" might wake up early, without being " a morning person" imo.

She very well could have a healthy sleep schedule without problems. She has a photo on twitter where she comments about not being able to sleep so she made a couple dozen muffins. She may be a night owl. Insomnia is not an uncommon condition. Regardless she most likely has a night life.

She has photos dating back to August, 2014 of her and JB who I am assuming is her husband. So that tells me that they may be recently separated. I will have to read thru the MSM to see where the marital status is stated. As far as I know he was included in the presser but I have yet to view that.

She very well could have a healthy sleep schedule without problems. She has a photo on twitter where she comments about not being able to sleep so she made a couple dozen muffins. She may be a night owl. Insomnia is not an uncommon condition. Regardless she most likely has a night life.

She has photos dating back to August, 2014 of her and JB who I am assuming is her husband. So that tells me that they may be recently separated. I will have to read thru the MSM to see where the marital status is stated. As far as I know he was included in the presser but I have yet to view that.

It was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, he is an estranged husband and she was going through a messy divorce. Also that she frequents restaurants in Inglewood. I have yet to watch the presser he attended also, meant to do it last night but didn't. I'm curious his demeanor.

I'd like to know who was the last person to see/talk to her besides her husband and the time span.

Her last FB post was Nov 25th, but she liked a comment someone made on Nov 26th @ 8:30pm. Was that audition on Nov 26th? So was she was last heard of from 'other people' Nov 26th?

She failed to meet for plans Sunday and wasn't reported missing until Monday. That's 3-4 days unaccounted for….

It was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, he is an estranged husband and she was going through a messy divorce. Also that she frequents restaurants in Inglewood. I have yet to watch the presser he attended also, meant to do it last night but didn't. I'm curious his demeanor.

The husband is in the presser. I think it was CTV who has the full presser. The sister spoke on behalf of the family. She was very well composed and comfortable in front of the camera. I have read on a fb account that the entire family is actively involved within the acting community.

The husband is also an aspiring actor.

Found link:

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...disappear-without-contacting-anyone-1.2134851

I'd like to know who was the last person to see/talk to her besides her husband and the time span.

Her last FB post was Nov 25th, but she liked a comment someone made on Nov 26th @ 8:30pm. Was that audition on Nov 26th? So was she was last heard of from 'other people' Nov 26th?

She failed to meet for plans Sunday and wasn't reported missing until Monday. That's 3-4 days unaccounted for….

A friend of SB' sister (EM)has posted on her FB:

"Latest news I have received is that she MADE the audition in Edmonton and the casting ppl have informed the police when she left etc so there is a new piece to the puzzle at least"
December 4 at 10:55am

On December 3 @9:40 pm. EM posts on her wall:

"Shannon H Burgess is still missing and hasn't actually been hear from since Wednesday. She was actually last seen in Calgary not Edmonton though she does have contacts in Edmonton as well. Please, if you have seen her let her know that she is missed and loved. We just want to know that she is safe. If she or anyone has seen her or knows where she is, please contact the police at 403-266-1234"

Extended video with family, worried looking husband seen at 6: 15 mark and at the end of press release.
Really hoping Shannon gets in touch with someone soon, or that the family and LE receive some good leads, this case is worrisome. imo

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=507836

A friend of SB' sister (EM)has posted on her FB:

"Latest news I have received is that she MADE the audition in Edmonton and the casting ppl have informed the police when she left etc so there is a new piece to the puzzle at least"
December 4 at 10:55am

On December 3 @9:40 pm. EM posts on her wall:

"Shannon H Burgess is still missing and hasn't actually been hear from since Wednesday. She was actually last seen in Calgary not Edmonton though she does have contacts in Edmonton as well. Please, if you have seen her let her know that she is missed and loved. We just want to know that she is safe. If she or anyone has seen her or knows where she is, please contact the police at 403-266-1234"

Thanks for the info LL, so that's 4-5 days (Wed-Sun) unaccounted for, that's a looooong time.

Thanks for the info LL, so that's 4-5 days (Wed-Sun) unaccounted for, that's a looooong time.

Yes, this is not looking good. If she left on her own she would surely contact someone by now. I would think she would understand the severity of a police investigation and possible suspects being brought in for questioning. Would she really put that on her family?

I wonder if it is the estranged husband or another lover.

Her family mentions that she may not want to be found, but they just want to know she is safe. I would like to point out in adult missing persons cases this is quite normal, especially when a person simply wants to start over. They are simply asking her to somehow let them know she is safe.

As others have said, the neighbourhood she was last seen in is quite nice. However, it has not been mentioned that there is a steep drop off not far from her house (Scotmans Hill), both rivers are close by (Elbow and Bow), as is the light rail transit and an active rail yard.

Source: I grew up in the neighbourhood.

Yes, this is not looking good. If she left on her own she would surely contact someone by now. I would think she would understand the severity of a police investigation and possible suspects being brought in for questioning. Would she really put that on her family?

I wonder if it is the estranged husband or another lover.

It isn't looking good. If she was let's say - going to harm herself, she would not bring keys and a wallet. If she left the cell at home, she would've left the rest, JMO. And she does not sound like the type from what her friends and family say to suffer from any depression or suicidal ideations, etc.

I wonder if she had a newer love interest or crush, possible for sure... If so, someone would know, girls talk to their best friends about this stuff usually. They would've let LE know, and her computer/cell would lead to this person if one does exist too maybe.

Her family mentions that she may not want to be found, but they just want to know she is safe. I would like to point out in adult missing persons cases this is quite normal, especially when a person simply wants to start over. They are simply asking her to somehow let them know she is safe.

Another angle to look at, if she left on her own. But then someone would've picked her up, no? She wouldn't walk on a cold, late night would she? Would she really let her family go through this for this long with pleading at a press conference I wonder? More questions we don't have answers to I guess.

May not be a suicide, but I would not generalize based on what she took or left behind. We have seen so many unusual scenarios of suicide here, there seems to be no common threads between them, Imo. Especially, the idea that someone does not seem a likely candidate for suicide. No one really knows who is or isn't. Jmo

Another angle to look at, if she left on her own. But then someone would've picked her up, no? She wouldn't walk on a cold, late night would she? Would she really let her family go through this for this long with pleading at a press conference I wonder? More questions we don't have answers to I guess.

I would imagine she would be very curious as to the outcome of her audition. If she is safe, no matter with whom, and does not want to be found, you would think she would call the people she auditioned for to find out any outcome. Wouldn't she be curious as to the result? This was for an intended career. That's a pretty big deal for a person. It doesn't make any sense that she would go audition, then go off the grid. She showed up for the audition. That was confirmed. She returned home. That was confirmed.

IMO, if she were "planning" on leaving to have some space, etc. she wouldn't have left her cell phone, and there would definitely be some bank activity...or, at the very least a substantial withdrawal from her account. If she were "planning" to go off the grid, she would've taken some clothes and not just her wallet and keys. The wallet was for money I assume, the keys were to get back into the house. Maybe she was headed to get a drink... there may have been tension at home with her estranged husband, maybe an argument, who knows. Wonder what JB told LE what her mood was like when she left the house? Was there an argument? Highly unlikely she just ran out after midnight for a drink alone without there being any precursor to leaving. Either someone picked her up to go for a drink, or she took a cab, or she walked...I really don't think this is a disappearing act on her part. IMO, she would not do this to her family. I definitely think she has met up with foul play....either at home or on the street. There's no way, she's just hiding out for a bit. JMO

I would imagine she would be very curious as to the outcome of her audition. If she is safe, no matter with whom, and does not want to be found, you would think she would call the people she auditioned for to find out any outcome. Wouldn't she be curious as to the result? This was for an intended career. That's a pretty big deal for a person. It doesn't make any sense that she would go audition, then go off the grid. She showed up for the audition. That was confirmed. She returned home. That was confirmed.

IMO, if she were "planning" on leaving to have some space, etc. she wouldn't have left her cell phone, and there would definitely be some bank activity...or, at the very least a substantial withdrawal from her account. If she were "planning" to go off the grid, she would've taken some clothes and not just her wallet and keys. The wallet was for money I assume, the keys were to get back into the house. Maybe she was headed to get a drink... there may have been tension at home with her estranged husband, maybe an argument, who knows. Wonder what JB told LE what her mood was like when she left the house? Was there an argument? Highly unlikely she just ran out after midnight for a drink alone without there being any precursor to leaving. Either someone picked her up to go for a drink, or she took a cab, or she walked...I really don't think this is a disappearing act on her part. IMO, she would not do this to her family. I definitely think she has met up with foul play....either at home or on the street. There's no way, she's just hiding out for a bit. JMO

RBBM.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

"Madill tried to reach Burgess herself, but had no luck. She then contacted Burgess’s husband Josh, who also couldn’t reach her.

When Burgess didn’t come home, their worries intensified and they notified police on Monday.

“We found out Monday night that she’d missed a whole bunch of appointments over the weekend as well,” Madill said.

She added there had not been any major arguments or disagreements prior to her sister’s disappearance."

RBBM.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

"Madill tried to reach Burgess herself, but had no luck. She then contacted Burgess’s husband Josh, who also couldn’t reach her.

When Burgess didn’t come home, their worries intensified and they notified police on Monday.

“We found out Monday night that she’d missed a whole bunch of appointments over the weekend as well,” Madill said.

She added there had not been any major arguments or disagreements prior to her sister’s disappearance."

If the husband lived with his wife still why wasn't he the one to contact SB's family when she did not return. Why did it take the sister to contact the husband? Strange.

If the husband lived with his wife still why wasn't he the one to contact SB's family when she did not return. Why did it take the sister to contact the husband? Strange.

makes me think there was ''an argument'' at the very least that made her flee.....moo

I am curious if there was a dash cam in any one of those cars on the street or CCTV in townhouses/houses - hope LE make an appeal for that before footage is lost.

I know of domestic dispute situations where if the woman felt her safety was in jeopardy she would hide the keys and wallet outside of the house in case they needed to make a getaway out of the home. The phone may have been too suspicious and or taken away. Possibly an overbearing husband would want the phone to read messages and snoop. Or in other domestic situations I know of the phone is thrown at the husband or smashed.

Maybe SB decided she needed to get out of the house fast and never had a chance to retrieve the phone. She may not have had a chance to retrieve the wallet or keys either or someone has disposed of them. Maybe the phone was left at home for fear of it being able to track her.

makes me think there was ''an argument'' at the very least that made her flee.....moo

I am curious if there was a dash cam in any one of those cars on the street or CCTV in townhouses/houses - hope LE make an appeal for that before footage is lost.

I read somewhere where her house is referred to as an apartment so I am curious about street parking or underground parking access and the lobbies. Is their footage. I am confident LE would have made that their first priority.

I totally agree.

I do not think she left to take a break or on her own. It doesn't add up at all. I'm extremely suspicious of the events leading up to 12:30am on Thursday night (if this is true, sorry guys I have to be skeptical of the hubby's story here!) There's 4-5 days she's unaccounted for, lots of time for anything to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie