Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SB posted the Taylor Swift song on her FB on Nov 15th with the comment 'sounds about right…'

I myself have posted lots of songs on FB depending on my moods, and I have seen tons of others post cryptic songs with comments when they go through break-ups, are feeling nostalgic/sentimental, people who are pining for or PO'd at someone, etc.

So here's the lyric's to Taylor Swift's song, I cut out the repeated lyrics. Sorry for the long post too. I hope this is okay to post, mods please let me know if not. The lyrics obviously struck a chord with SB somehow:

Nice to meet you
Where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought oh my god

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny rumors fly

And I know you heard about me

So hey, let's be friends

I'm dying to see how this one ends

Grab your passport and my hand

I could make the bad guys good for a weekend

[Pre-Chorus]

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

[Chorus]

Cause we're young and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless

Or with a nasty scar

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

But I got a blank space baby

And I'll write your name

Cherry lips

Crystal skies

I could show you incredible things

Stolen kisses, pretty lies

You're the king baby I'm your queen

Find out what you want

Be that girl for a month

But the worst is yet to come

Oh no

Screaming, crying, perfect storms

I could make all the tables turn

Rose garden filled with thorns

Keep you second guessing like oh my god

Who is she?
I get drunk on jealousy

But you'll come back each time you leave

Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

Boys only want love if it's torture

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

Boys only want love if it's torture

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

[Pre-Chorus]

That would definitely make him mad if he had no sense of humour. My take was that she was talking about a role she played.

It is ominous that her last status update was that her brakes went on her car. Sabotage?

Oh yes, a role. I must remember she's an actress, that's probably exactly what she meant! Thanks news!

If she had car problems possibly someone tinkered with it to prevent her from travel.

Someone might've tampered with them to make her immobile or to cause an accident. Yikes, I hope not….

Seems Ducky's Karaoke is open until 2:00am on Thursdays. SB posted an open invite on her FB back in October 16th (a Thursday) around 9pm for the karaoke time of 10:00-2:00, so might not have been odd to leave the house at 12:30am if meeting friends that would be out til 2am.

Seems Ducky's Karaoke is open until 2:00am on Thursdays. SB posted an open invite on her FB back in October 16th (a Thursday) around 9pm for the karaoke time of 10:00-2:00, so might not have been odd to leave the house at 12:30am if meeting friends that would be out til 2am.

Yes, Calgary has some fun spots to hang on a Thursday night. She has done stand-up at Broken City which would also be open late. Another place would be Tubby Dog if she went into the Mission. Ducky's is full of regular patrons if she was there I am sure the staff would know.

Yes, Calgary has some fun spots to hang on a Thursday night. She has done stand-up at Broken City which would also be open late. Another place would be Tubby Dog if she went into the Mission. Ducky's is full of regular patrons if she was there I am sure the staff would know.
She also frequents Yuk Yuk's - Also open late.

MSM reference that husband was estranged for those wondering where the info came from:

"Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary."(BBM)

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

in the article she left "her" residence and she was last seen by her ''estranged'' husband......''estranged'' to me is that they are not living together....so how is it he is last one to see her at 12:30 a.m.? am I missing something?

he said he last saw her at 12:30 a.m. perhaps he just didn't say where or if she was alive when he last saw her?

brakes on the car not working -- vindictive spouse might wanted to get even -- immature hissy fit kind of thing -- very common

The more I think about it, the more unsettled I get with the story.

Who leaves home on a weeknight (Thurs) at 12:30am? Her husband I think works for the government of Canada, the info I found on the government website has the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm. So he would have to be up early the next morning.

If she was in fact going out, she would have to be picked up by someone else. MSM has not mentioned another person picking her up, MSM/LE said she was last seen by her husband at home.

Also, if she was going out, the only place I can think of someone going that time of night is out to a club/to party with friends, but this wasn't a Friday night, it was a Thursday, so seems maybe doubtful. Or she was leaving to talk to someone in distress, but MSM/LE have not mentioned another person seeing her at that time of night.

I do not think she left to clear her head, or take a break. Unless she got in a fight with the person at home, I don't see a reason for her to leave her home in the cold at 12:30am alone. If she did get in a fight and left alone, she would've brought her phone to call someone to pick her up or stay the night with them. If her phone was 'taken' from her and she was 'kicked out' in the cold, I still think she would've walked somewhere close by. Is there gas stations, 24 hour convenience stores around that area I wonder? I will try to look at the map in street view to see what's around.

ETA - there is a 7-11 up Spiller Rd not far from her house

I wonder if she was '''taken''' from her home by someone who claims to have seen her last and left somewhere.

in the article she left "her" residence and she was last seen by her ''estranged'' husband......''estranged'' to me is that they are not living together....so how is it he is last one to see her at 12:30 a.m.? am I missing something?

he said he last saw her at 12:30 a.m. perhaps he just didn't say where or if she was alive when he last saw her?

brakes on the car not working -- vindictive spouse might wanted to get even -- immature hissy fit kind of thing -- very common
Here is something odd -

Looking at addresses for JB, I found a J & S (same last name) listed in Rundle in the NE. I cannot find any reference to her moving other than in 2010 when she moved to Shawnessy. Perhaps seperate residences?

When you are in your 20's and you have to be at work at 8:30 a.m. on a Friday, it would be ''no big thing'' to be out and about at 12:30 a.m. or 1 a.m. to deal with ''matrimonial'' matters. My hunch is he did pick her up at her house and perhaps they went for coffee or something similar to hash things out (at most innocent level). There's a huge glaring absence of ''where'' he saw her and under ''what circumstances'' wrt to the last 12:30 a.m. interaction. JMHO

I can't imagine going out for a drink alone or to meet friends without my phone. I would have my phone with id and credit card tucked inside over a wallet. I think not having phone is very suspicious.

I have a question....did anyone see SB leave her home that night? A neighbor, a passerby...anyone at all? How do we know she actually left the home. I agree, 5 days is a long time...

Maybe SM headed out to a club or wherever, left her phone behind to not be bothered by, and perhaps even to worry someone a bit, then ran into trouble..
Has anyone looked for Shannon yet, near the water, the woods, or behind the local clubs?

Maybe SM headed out to a club or wherever, left her phone behind to not be bothered by, and perhaps even to worry someone a bit, then ran into trouble..
Has anyone looked for Shannon yet, near the water, the woods, or behind the local clubs?
I don't know any 25 year old that would go anywhere without their cell. Aren't they permanently embedded in hands now? [emoji6]

Maybe she didn't bring her phone for fear of being tracked.

Good point. I'm curious if she was tech savvy.

I turn off my locations on my iPhone so when I post photos people can't see my location or where I live, etc. I had a look at her FB photos, and they aren't tagged with locations, but that doesn't mean the setting was off. Most people have their locations/GPS setting on.

^^
Saying as much subtly at this point, possibly it was not she, who feared being tracked..

When you are in your 20's and you have to be at work at 8:30 a.m. on a Friday, it would be ''no big thing'' to be out and about at 12:30 a.m. or 1 a.m. to deal with ''matrimonial'' matters. My hunch is he did pick her up at her house and perhaps they went for coffee or something similar to hash things out (at most innocent level). There's a huge glaring absence of ''where'' he saw her and under ''what circumstances'' wrt to the last 12:30 a.m. interaction. JMHO

Agreed. And you always hear stories of exes/spouses having the 'let's just talk this over' or 'please come meet me, we need to talk'.

It pains me when I hear people having these meetings at their spouses/exes houses alone, these talks should always be done at a public place with lots of people around. You hear of too many sad endings when two people are left alone to talk, then the talk evolves to an argument, emotions rise and the unexpected violence happens :(

Okay, found this as to whether Shannon and JB lived together:

"Shannon was last seen in the early morning hours of Thursday, November 27, at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E in the community of Ramsay, a home she shares with her husband Josh."(BBM)

This might mean they live together on paper (renters I'm guessing?), but they still might've been living apart while separating. Maybe he was couch surfing, or maybe they were still civil and did indeed live in the same residence until they went their separate ways.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...out-contacting-anyone-1.2134851#ixzz3LEnIxGN9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie