Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic speculation..
Recently another woman, was missing for over a week, deeply worrying her family and concerning to LE, suddenly returned of her own volition.

As the drummer, Tommy Lee once said, ( infamously, or perhaps not) ,"If you do not like drama, do not marry an actress." So..
still hoping for her family's sake, that Shannon acted impulsively and just took off somewhere to clear her head, or for a whirlwind romance.

SB posted the Taylor Swift song on her FB on Nov 15th with the comment 'sounds about right…'

I myself have posted lots of songs on FB depending on my moods, and I have seen tons of others post cryptic songs with comments when they go through break-ups, are feeling nostalgic/sentimental, people who are pining for or PO'd at someone, etc.

So here's the lyric's to Taylor Swift's song, I cut out the repeated lyrics. Sorry for the long post too. I hope this is okay to post, mods please let me know if not. The lyrics obviously struck a chord with SB somehow:

Nice to meet you
Where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought oh my god

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny rumors fly

And I know you heard about me

So hey, let's be friends

I'm dying to see how this one ends

Grab your passport and my hand

I could make the bad guys good for a weekend

[Pre-Chorus]

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

[Chorus]

Cause we're young and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless

Or with a nasty scar

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

But I got a blank space baby

And I'll write your name

Cherry lips

Crystal skies

I could show you incredible things

Stolen kisses, pretty lies

You're the king baby I'm your queen

Find out what you want

Be that girl for a month

But the worst is yet to come

Oh no

Screaming, crying, perfect storms

I could make all the tables turn

Rose garden filled with thorns

Keep you second guessing like oh my god

Who is she?
I get drunk on jealousy

But you'll come back each time you leave

Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

Boys only want love if it's torture

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

Boys only want love if it's torture

Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

[Pre-Chorus]

I caught that too, and in that version the guy is rapping in between and adds more to the song.

Also, wanted to add, I phoned in a tip yesterday. I was humming and hawing about if I should, but I was driving down MacLeod trail towards down town, and I saw a girl resembling Shannon. The the red hair, about same height and build. With a dark red wool jacket and matching hat. She was walking towards the Chinnook mall with another woman with dark hair. It was between 46 and 36 ave SW. I was humming and hawing about if I should even call , I'm doubtful it was her, but like I said, I decided to call anyway. Keeping my eyes peeled in Calgary!

People with the last name Burgess sure end up being a topic on WS.
They don't fare very well.

Did anyone notice this November 26th post that Shannon made at 10:02 pm on her facebook. Sorry if this has already been posted

Shannon H Burgess
I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance

November 26 at 10:06pm

That seems like strange and cryptic post and not something one would usually want to post publically about oneself

Did anyone notice this November 26th post that Shannon made at 10:02 pm on her facebook. Sorry if this has already been posted

Shannon H Burgess
I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance

That seems like strange and cryptic post and not something one would usually want to post publically about oneself
I am pretty sure she is referring to a LARP group here in Calgary:

Our Live Action Role-Play group (LARP) is based on a fantasy setting of our own creation using the Alliance Ruleset. Our world is one of "high fantasy" akin to Lord of the Rings and Dungeons and Dragons. Players create medeival fantasy characters to enter our world and face the wonders, trials and conflicts that our PLOT team comes up with. It's time to "BE ALL YOU CAN'T BE"!*Our LARP is for those 18+ years of age due to content and insurance requirements.

http://www.alliancealberta.ca/

She refers to LARP in other posts and I suspect being an actor, she partakes in these types of groups.

Something about this case doesn't sit well with me. Shannon strikes me as a feisty young woman, who loves life and lives it to the full. I don't know her obviously, and my post is purely my opinion, but I don't believe she is the sort of woman who would drop off the face of the earth without at least letting someone close to her know she was ok. She may well be prone to moments of needing to detach from her life, but from her FB I would guess she is much more likely to hole herself up in her room/home for a few days. The fact she seems passionate about her art and that she had JUST completed an audition is enough for me to believe her disappearance is not something she had control over.

If she regularly enjoyed evenings out, late at night, as it would seem from her FB posts - then it wouldn't really be unusual for her to leave her home at the time she did. Whether she lives alone or with her estranged husband, she probably isn't used to telling anyone where she was going etc. I hope this case has a happy ending - she is a stunning looking girl and seems to be genuinely nice.

Shannon H Burgess

Welcome to Ws ep2002, thanks for keeping your eyes open for Shannon!

Optimistic speculation..
Recently another woman, was missing for over a week, deeply worrying her family and concerning to LE, suddenly returned of her own volition.

As the drummer, Tommy Lee once said, ( infamously, or perhaps not) ,"If you do not like drama, do not marry an actress." So..
still hoping for her family's sake, that Shannon acted impulsively and just took off somewhere to clear her head, or for a whirlwind romance.

I sure hope you're right. Maybe she did something impulsive. Does anyone remember the info about her passport? IIRC, I thought her family said they didn't know if she had one or not...

Also, wanted to add, I phoned in a tip yesterday. I was humming and hawing about if I should, but I was driving down MacLeod trail towards down town, and I saw a girl resembling Shannon. The the red hair, about same height and build. With a dark red wool jacket and matching hat. She was walking towards the Chinnook mall with another woman with dark hair. It was between 46 and 36 ave SW. I was humming and hawing about if I should even call , I'm doubtful it was her, but like I said, I decided to call anyway. Keeping my eyes peeled in Calgary!

Glad you called, you really never know! I think it was a good call on your part :)

I sure hope you're right. Maybe she did something impulsive. Does anyone remember the info about her passport? IIRC, I thought her family said they didn't know if she had one or not...
I am pretty sure that the CPS would check flight manifests, border services and other travel means as part of standard procedure. At least I hope they would!

Something about this case doesn't sit well with me. Shannon strikes me as a feisty young woman, who loves life and lives it to the full. I don't know her obviously, and my post is purely my opinion, but I don't believe she is the sort of woman who would drop off the face of the earth without at least letting someone close to her know she was ok. She may well be prone to moments of needing to detach from her life, but from her FB I would guess she is much more likely to hole herself up in her room/home for a few days. The fact she seems passionate about her art and that she had JUST completed an audition is enough for me to believe her disappearance is not something she had control over.

If she regularly enjoyed evenings out, late at night, as it would seem from her FB posts - then it wouldn't really be unusual for her to leave her home at the time she did. Whether she lives alone or with her estranged husband, she probably isn't used to telling anyone where she was going etc. I hope this case has a happy ending - she is a stunning looking girl and seems to be genuinely nice.

I'm with ya there. I think she was described as very social, and I get the same impression as you do. Even if she wanted some down-time and alone time, I bet she'd let her sister or someone know that she's going to be incognito for a bit.

Yes, the passport was referenced in a news report.

"The family found her cellphone and car at home with no bank activity since last week, but her wallet and keys weren’t in the apartment. They couldn’t find a passport, but are unsure if she has a valid passport. Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26."
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

I am pretty sure she is referring to a LARP group here in Calgary:

Our Live Action Role-Play group (LARP) is based on a fantasy setting of our own creation using the Alliance Ruleset. Our world is one of "high fantasy" akin to Lord of the Rings and Dungeons and Dragons. Players create medeival fantasy characters to enter our world and face the wonders, trials and conflicts that our PLOT team comes up with. It's time to "BE ALL YOU CAN'T BE"!*Our LARP is for those 18+ years of age due to content and insurance requirements.

http://www.alliancealberta.ca/

She refers to LARP in other posts and I suspect being an actor, she partakes in these types of groups.

It could also be a reference to a popular online MMORPG, World of Warcraft. People change their factions from Horde to Alliance or vice-versa, and this could be a reference to a recent faction change in-game. JMO

Here is a post from this morning on FB from SB's brother...

"Just a quick update as I'm sure people are wondering. Unfortunately there are no new updates regarding the case. We know that the detectives are working as hard as they can to give us some answers, but the weekend slows things down as some businesses are closed. Hopefully we will have news to share soon, and you will all be updated as soon as we have any information to share. For the time being, sharing the posts and keeping the story going is all we can ask for. Thanks to everyone for their support, I know a lot of people want to do more, but as it stands there isn't much we can do but stay positive."

Here is a post from this morning on FB from SB's brother...

"Just a quick update as I'm sure people are wondering. Unfortunately there are no new updates regarding the case. We know that the detectives are working as hard as they can to give us some answers, but the weekend slows things down as some businesses are closed. Hopefully we will have news to share soon, and you will all be updated as soon as we have any information to share. For the time being, sharing the posts and keeping the story going is all we can ask for. Thanks to everyone for their support, I know a lot of people want to do more, but as it stands there isn't much we can do but stay positive."

I'd be pulling my hair out, this poor family!! Where is she??? Someone must've seen something or knows something…. Tink mentioned upthread about neighbors, I'm curious if they heard/saw anything. If so, MSM hasn't mentioned it that I'm aware of.

Was it ever mentioned what she was last seen wearing, or if her coat/boots etc. are missing?

Was it ever mentioned what she was last seen wearing, or if her coat/boots etc. are missing?

I have not come across anything and nothing formal. I seem to think that she wore eyeglasses but I will have to find that comment.

Just brainstorming here but I wonder if LE has checked the freezer and fridge where Shannon Burgess resides to see if anything in them would lead them in finding her. Maybe LE would find something that a family member would not notice or think twice about.

Think of all the information and evidence that is contained in freezers and refrigerators. Some people stash money and jewelry in packages marked liver, passports, some stash marijuana and other products to keep them fresh and contain the scent, meat and bread and perishables that has been marked with a best before date could be telling as to if she went grocery shopping around the time she disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken