GUILTY Canada - Shayne Lund & 2 others for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Orillia, Ont, 2013

LoyalSleuth, do you have any leads on possible usernames that any of these three could have used?
I don't, but I can ask.

I haven't heard much about online profiles, from the my friends that have attended court dates. From what i have heard it has been almost all through texts, between the 3 charged.

Dates have been set, moving forward. Kathryn Thompson appeared in court:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/date-set-for-child-*advertiser censored*-trial-to-move-forward-1.1572986

Thompson's lawyer may ask for the three to be tried together, not separately. The crown may ask for dangerous offender status - let's hope so!

Dates have been set, moving forward. Kathryn Thompson appeared in court:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/date-set-for-child-*advertiser censored*-trial-to-move-forward-1.1572986

Thompson's lawyer may ask for the three to be tried together, not separately. The crown may ask for dangerous offender status - let's hope so!

Interesting too is that Kathryn Thompson is not allowed any contact with her parents.... So did the parents all have reason to believe something was going on, but yet - they did nothing?

Interesting too is that Kathryn Thompson is not allowed any contact with her parents.... So did the parents all have reason to believe something was going on, but yet - they did nothing?

Maybe to not delete or destroy potential evidence?

Meanwhile the judge didn't grant a no-contact order for Lund and his father... the same father who may be guilty of obstruction... because he was Lund's only potential surety (source for posting bond). I guess Thompson must have other means. :dunno:

Curious as to why Thompson may ask to be tried along with the other defendants instead of separately. What would be the strategy?

Meanwhile the judge didn't grant a no-contact order for Lund and his father... the same father who may be guilty of obstruction... because he was Lund's only potential surety (source for posting bond). I guess Thompson must have other means. :dunno:

Curious as to why Thompson may ask to be tried along with the other defendants instead of separately. What would be the strategy?

BBM, this is crazy. The father that was told he had a thing for kids and knew he had a camera in his bedroom?

Wow.
This case is strange. I am gong to ask my friends if they went to Thompsons court date last week, and see if I can find out what more was said.

Also, someone had asked me if there were any online names for this trio, nothing that has been released as yet in court, and they are not aware of anything through talk / gossip / friends of friends etc.

BBM, this is crazy. The father that was told he had a thing for kids and knew he had a camera in his bedroom?

Wow.
This case is strange. I am gong to ask my friends if they went to Thompsons court date last week, and see if I can find out what more was said.

Also, someone had asked me if there were any online names for this trio, nothing that has been released as yet in court, and they are not aware of anything through talk / gossip / friends of friends etc.

I suspect (although I'm no legal expert) that the judge is being extra careful not to give the defense any grounds for complaint. If s/he prevented Lund from access to potential bond then it could be considered prejudicial. How they determined that his father was the only source for bond money would be interesting to know...

I suspect (although I'm no legal expert) that the judge is being extra careful not to give the defense any grounds for complaint. If s/he prevented Lund from access to potential bond then it could be considered prejudicial. How they determined that his father was the only source for bond money would be interesting to know...

from what i just had clarified on this is that, it was his mother who he tol dabout his thing for kids, so that is why she is not allowed to post his bail. The father is apparently being reviewed to be able to post his bail, but it is in discussion as the father knew about the camera, so I think that crown is trying to prove that so the father can not bail him out.

from what i just had clarified on this is that, it was his mother who he tol dabout his thing for kids, so that is why she is not allowed to post his bail. The father is apparently being reviewed to be able to post his bail, but it is in discussion as the father knew about the camera, so I think that crown is trying to prove that so the father can not bail him out.

Thanks for clarifying that! I'm not convinced that knowing about the camera is necessarily damning, it could have just looked like that's where Shayne stored his camera, if it was in a corner or something. But I wonder what excuse his mother gave for knowing and not doing anything...

The Crown contends the police officer is an important witness because the son was living at his Midland home where many of the sex assaults against children are alleged to have occurred. Videos, computer equipment, cellphones and a video camera that was mounted on a bedroom wall and pointed at a bed were all seized from the father’s home.

“It is alleged that a lot of the sex assaults and child *advertiser censored* was created on the bed and then distributed,” Crown attorney Indy Kandola said. “The father would have been aware that camera was pointed at the bed.”

He added the father gave a statement to police that suggests he may have been aware of his son’s interest in children.

“The father said Shayne Lund fantasizes about children,” Kandola said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/1...*-rap-ordered-to-have-no-contact-with-cop-dad

Kandola also said the father has been “obstructive” in the police investigation.

“Mark Lund is a police officer,” Kandola said. “He instructed his son about what he should be doing with materials that Shayne Lund had.”

Defence lawyer Eginhart Ehlers objected to the request for a non-communication order because the father intends to act as a surety and post bail for his son.

In the end, Forfar agreed to the order.

“I see before me some 100 very serious charges,” Forfar said. “I don’t think the request is unreasonable.”

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...olving-kids-and-animals-father-an-opp-officer

The Crown contends the police officer is an important witness because the son was living at his Midland home where many of the sex assaults against children are alleged to have occurred. Videos, computer equipment, cellphones and a video camera that was mounted on a bedroom wall and pointed at a bed were all seized from the father’s home.

“It is alleged that a lot of the sex assaults and child *advertiser censored* was created on the bed and then distributed,” Crown attorney Indy Kandola said. “The father would have been aware that camera was pointed at the bed.”

He added the father gave a statement to police that suggests he may have been aware of his son’s interest in children.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/1...*-rap-ordered-to-have-no-contact-with-cop-dad

Hmmmmm, maybe apples don't fall all that far from apple trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BBM

That changes everything for me. The camera was obviously for filming the bed (or could be reasonably deduced that was so), and the father knew his son had fantasies about children (I assume the father meant he knew they were sexual fantasies and not, you know, Peter Pan stuff).

Who on earth allows their son to mount a camera on the bedroom wall? Regardless of whether children are involved... did the father really think his son was doing a sleep study? FGS

BBM

That changes everything for me. The camera was obviously for filming the bed (or could be reasonably deduced that was so), and the father knew his son had fantasies about children (I assume the father meant he knew they were sexual fantasies and not, you know, Peter Pan stuff).

Who on earth allows their son to mount a camera on the bedroom wall? Regardless of whether children are involved... did the father really think his son was doing a sleep study? FGS

IMO he knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MIDLAND - OPP investigators have alleged there are eight additional child victims in a sexual assault case that includes accusations of bestiality, conspiracy to kidnap a child and the making of child *advertiser censored*.

Police have also introduced new allegations that some children were drugged before they were sexually assaulted.

The new allegations against the three accused include administering a noxious substance to children as young as two years old, coercing children to have sex with animals, coercing them to commit voyeurism, and videotaping them in sexual acts.

More at the link. Sick sick sick.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/24/more-victims-alleged-in-midland-sex-abuse-case

MIDLAND - OPP investigators have alleged there are eight additional child victims in a sexual assault case that includes accusations of bestiality, conspiracy to kidnap a child and the making of child *advertiser censored*.

Police have also introduced new allegations that some children were drugged before they were sexually assaulted.

The new allegations against the three accused include administering a noxious substance to children as young as two years old, coercing children to have sex with animals, coercing them to commit voyeurism, and videotaping them in sexual acts.

More at the link. Sick sick sick.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/24/more-victims-alleged-in-midland-sex-abuse-case

I am not even sure I can say this, but you guys would't believe what a crap show the LE are having here... The LE actually called the friend of mine and told her that the new charges of administering a noxious substance to children, coercing children to have sex with animals, coercing them to commit voyeurism, and videotaping them in sexual acts were to her daughter that he daughter was a victim of this... Then after leaving her devastated, they called back and said no, it wasn't they were mistaken! :banghead:

yes - this happened to someones child, and that is a terrible thing, but LE need to get their stories right before they start calling existing victims parents and telling them information that wasn't intended for them to hear...

Next court date is next Friday for pretrial proceedings, my friends will be there... if there is anything to share, I will.

So the sick trio was back in court friday, all three together for the first time, although I think they were not all in the court room together...
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/accused-in-alleged-child-sexual-assault-back-in-court-1.1676303

From the comments from Thompson's lawyers, looks like the girls will be going with they were victims too... I have inside info on this case, and Avery Taylor is not a victim of Shayne, she was a cunning, manipulative predator - trying to bring Shayne more victims...
Thompson, maybe she as a victim, I have no idea about her.

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4360174-barrie-court-staff-issues-incorrect-ban-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case/

This is confusing to me to read, I guess there is a publication ban, but on exactly what i am not sure... can anyone read this and let me know, i am confused.

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4360174-barrie-court-staff-issues-incorrect-ban-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case/

This is confusing to me to read, I guess there is a publication ban, but on exactly what i am not sure... can anyone read this and let me know, i am confused.

Attorney General spokesperson Brendan Crawley stands behind the warning issued by Barrie court staff, saying it’s up to news reporters to interpret if the warning is correct

huh?!?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back