CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From 1 of the videos on Global News in an above comment. I noticed a closeup shot of an RCMP vehicle at 1 of the scenes, it has the vehicle #s behind the back window and also has an antenna on the back. Didn't the RCMP say the shooter's car was different because of the #s and where they were located? To me now the shooter's car was very very identical to RCMP cars as per the video in 2nd link down. I wouldn't have been able to tell which was real or fake. JMO
‘Multiple patients’: Recordings of first responders reveal frantic bid to help

the positioning is different if you look closely at the horse and the RCMP crest logo

It becomes problematic when attempting to box-in the perpetrator’s motivation when, in order to further a theory and minimize exceptions it leans toward ie “if so-and-so wouldn’t have done this or that”. I know it’s not your intent but you might notice how this insinuates a type of victim blaming...”if they wouldn’t have done this or that they’d still be alive”. I assure you the loved ones of every single victim are going through 100s of “if only’s” at this time without requiring any added input from strangers on the internet but this is just my opinion.

Mods have already kindly requested once that we move along from this topic of discussion so I think we are obliged to do so. Family members of the victims may also be reading here as well and so we must be careful of making hurtful insinuations during this time of deep sorrow as well, although I know that’s not your intention. :)

I am 100% in agreement that the RCMP cannot be blamed for the deaths in Nova Scotia. It was a scene unseen since 1929, when some gang possey dressed up as police lined their rival gang against the wall and shot them. Almost 100 years since police dress-up worked to kill many people in many areas in a short time. It happened in Canada last week, and since it seems so easy maybe more of it is happening here and there - fake police cars pulling people over even when there's a shooter on the loose.

I’ve noticed several tributes played to the song “Farewell to Nova Scotia”. Although I’ve very familiar with the song, I’ve never heard it played in a such a mournful, sad and somber way. This was played by church bells, very moving..

'We're here for you and we love you': Church bells ring out 'Farewell to Nova Scotia' in Banff

I didn’t personally suffer a loss, I’m just a Nova Scotia resident saddened from all of this. But that was such a beautiful gesture that helps ease the grief.

So thoughtful and beautiful.

I am 100% in agreement that the RCMP cannot be blamed for the deaths in Nova Scotia. It was a scene unseen since 1929, when some gang possey dressed up as police lined their rival gang against the wall and shot them. Almost 100 years since police dress-up worked to kill many people in many areas in a short time. It happened in Canada last week, and since it seems so easy maybe more of it is happening here and there - fake police cars pulling people over even when there's a shooter on the loose.

This isn’t about blame it’s about preventing this from ever happen again. If they can warn the hospitals to prepare for mass shooting victims and lockdown at 11pm , preventing more victims with a public emergency alert warning should have been a first priority as well. They even had a description of the shooter from a survivor when arriving on scene. No excuse. Everyone who lives in the area would have locked their doors and hid the second they read it. 13 hours later 22 dead all over the province with no emergency alert during Canada’s largest mass shooting sn’t acceptable.

the positioning is different if you look closely at the horse and the RCMP crest logo
Yes I had read somewhere (likely Youtube comments)that was a mix up when this guy decalled the car. But in the RCMP photo it's the # on the back that was circled not the horse or the 911, nor the logo on the door. Most people would not likely pay that close attention to those things. Plus in some of the cases it was very dark out. Maybe the RCMP were noting the # and to BOLO for this #d police car?

I know there are numerous posts about the differences between real RCMP vehicles and the shooter's. I must admit I would probably not notice even on a good day. If I saw flashing lights behind me and a uniformed body coming toward me I'd figure it was legitimate. Or on a dark night while shootings and housefires are around me, my attention would be elsewhere.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It's possible to put all the information together and map out the locations of victims and fires starting with this map

Civic Address Finder

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't give the homeowners name thou? They were briefly published on wiki and were quickly removed for privacy reasons.

These are the locations.

a27fa23520500c9f0b197c22680bb020.png

Nova Scotia shootings: The RCMP’s step-by-step account of what happened (full transcript) - Macleans.ca

Rather that find published sources for all victims, here's one reference. The rest can probably be found as well.

"He had a home at 136 Orchard Beach Dr., according to a Halifax Chronicle-Herald report on Wortman’s financial dealings.

As well, he was previously involved with a property across the street: 135 Orchard Beach Dr. That home belonged to Lisa McCully, a 49-year-old teacher at Debert Elementary School. She rushed her two young children to the basement and went to help a neighbour whose house was on fire, her sister, Jenny Kierstead, told CBC."​

A long night of terror: The 13 hours a rampaging gunman terrorized rural Nova Scotia

Here's the base map

upload_2020-4-28_10-12-40.png

Civic Address Finder

These are the locations.

a27fa23520500c9f0b197c22680bb020.png

Nova Scotia shootings: The RCMP’s step-by-step account of what happened (full transcript) - Macleans.ca

Rather that find published sources for all victims, here's one reference. The rest can probably be found as well.

"He had a home at 136 Orchard Beach Dr., according to a Halifax Chronicle-Herald report on Wortman’s financial dealings.

As well, he was previously involved with a property across the street: 135 Orchard Beach Dr. That home belonged to Lisa McCully, a 49-year-old teacher at Debert Elementary School. She rushed her two young children to the basement and went to help a neighbour whose house was on fire, her sister, Jenny Kierstead, told CBC."​

A long night of terror: The 13 hours a rampaging gunman terrorized rural Nova Scotia

Here's the base map

View attachment 244791

Civic Address Finder

Thanks but still neither of those articles identify which victims lived at specific addresses except for Lisa McCully. I can find nothing that was released to the public about the rest of the victims.

Thanks but still neither of those articles identify which victims lived at specific addresses except for Lisa McCully. I can find nothing that was released to the public about the rest of the victims.

I only looked for one person, but looking for others will likely produce information about their addresses as well.

I'm curious - what is your concern with knowing the addresses of victims? That sort of information is quite often posted on this website.

And to add, most respectable Canadian media have even removed the exact address for Lisa and updated their articles to refer to her owning a property across from GW, exact numbers no longer included.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/portapique-property-dispute-1.5542739

I only looked for one person, but looking for others will likely produce information about their addresses as well.

I'm curious - what is your concern with knowing the addresses of victims? That sort of information is quite often posted on this website.

It's not sourced from MSM in this case. Canada has different privacy guidelines than other countries. Personally, I have family in the area and they don't want a bunch of . If someone can source if from MSM I will accept that but at this time there is nothing that has for example released the exact Bond or Tuck family addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay