Canada - Shooting spree in Moncton, NB, leaves 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 injured, June 2014 *Guilty*

Sorry, but Bourques Dad has an awful lot to say.

Now might not be the time.

http://o.canada.com/news/bourque-family-tried-to-get-help-for-accused-moncton-killer

Agree....now might not be the time to espouse particular beliefs. Please don't blame society for your son's failings. Yes, mental health problems can certainly be an issue, but raising narrow societal views is perhaps not the right topic at the moment.

I feel for JB's family, what they are going through must be horrific, however I am concerned that their "blame" is misplaced.

Agree....now might not be the time to espouse particular beliefs. Please don't blame society for your son's failings. Yes, mental health problems can certainly be an issue, but raising narrow societal views is perhaps not the right topic at the moment.

I feel for JB's family, what they are going through must be horrific, however I am concerned that their "blame" is misplaced.

I agree; however I think his views may be consistent with the description of this family as devout Christians. I suspect he held these opinions long before this tragedy occurred and that this is not just his reaction to what has happened - it is part of a long-held belief system. JMO

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I agree; however I think his views may be consistent with the description of this family as devout Christians. I suspect he held these opinions long before this tragedy occurred and that this is not just his reaction to what has happened - it is part of a long-held belief system. JMO

I'm sorry, and I might be dense, but I don't understand what your point is. It doesn't sound like his views are consistent with his devout family. Is that your point?

Regardless, whether he followed these beliefs or not, no person engaged with broader society would agree that other members of society (most particularly those engaged to defend our society) should be eliminated. I just don't buy it.

I'm sorry, and I might be dense, but I don't understand what your point is. It doesn't sound like his views are consistent with his devout family. Is that your point?

Regardless, whether he followed these beliefs or not, no person engaged with broader society would agree that other members of society (most particularly those engaged to defend our society) should be eliminated. I just don't buy it.

I think we aren't understanding each other somehow. I'm sorry - is there something in the linked article that suggests that the father believes that other members of society should be eliminated? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your post?

I was referring to his beliefs about some of the negative influences of modern society.

I think we aren't understanding each other somehow. I'm sorry - is there something in the linked article that suggests that the father believes that other members of society should be eliminated? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your post?

I wad referring to his beliefs about some of the negative influences of modern society.

Yeah, I'm probably just missing the point. My apologies!

It was my impression that his family was blaming society for their son's failings. That if we didn't allow abortions, and such, then this wouldn't have happened. Probably my misunderstanding of views.

Yeah, I'm probably just missing the point. My apologies!

No apologies required! I thought I may have missed something in the article! And - my apologies for typos, my phone has a mind of it's own.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shootings-rcmp-ask-residents-to-look-for-evidence-1.2668773

RCMP say those same residents may have evidence on their properties that could help investigators. They want residents to inspect their properties and contact RCMP if they see anything that doesn't belong to them.

This includes anything from an object to fluid.

BBM

Fluid? That seems an odd thing to specify? However, the article goes on to say RCMP are not looking for anything specific.

She said investigators have already combed the large search area and there's nothing specific they're looking for.

RCMP are also asking for videos or photos of that evening, both before, during and after the shootings.

Thanks SB and greenthumb. I will wear red on Tuesday and will pass along my condolences.

I am still very upset about this event.

I remember say 20 years ago we had a murderer thought in my City and he was. I had 2 small Children at the time. Husband had to go to work. We have 50 acres out of our city we own which 10 acres is used for hunting. I hate guns. I don't hunt. Yet I respect the sport. My men get it and bring the guns in the back door. I don't see them in they immediately go into the gun cabinet. That day I learned how to load a shot gun and sat on the couch with it loaded. I get the terror is causes. I sat there terrified.

http://www.660news.com/2014/06/08/moncton-shooting-case-wont-be-rushed-through-court-analyst/

The trial for Justin Bourque will be one of the most high-profile cases in Canada, but a legal analyst says don’t expect it to fly through the court process...

Legal analyst Michael Shapray said it won’t move any faster through the court even though it’s a high-profile case.

“There’s obviously going to be a tremendous amount of evidence that they’re going to have to gather from various different sources,” he said. “There will be a push in the public to have that case moved faster but I think at the end of the day, the process will take the same amount of time as any other case, if not even longer because of the profile.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/0...volunteers-to-house-thousands-of-funeralgoers

"So many people are expected to attend Tuesday's funeral for the three fallen Moncton RCMP officers that the mayor has asked residents to open up their homes to accommodate out-of-towners.

There aren't enough hotel rooms in the city of about 65,000, so Mayor George LeBlanc put out a call for volunteer home billets to host some of the 5,000-7,000 uniformed officers travelling to Moncton to attend the regimental funeral for constables Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, Dave Joseph Ross and Douglas James Larche, who were killed in the line of duty last week.

Public visitation for the three took place Monday while preparations continued in earnest as the city anticipated an influx of thousands more who want to pay their respects."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/moncton-man-charged-with-threatening-police-1.1860191

A man has been arrested and charged with threatening police as a result of an ongoing investigation into last week’s shooting rampage that killed three Mounties and injured two others in Moncton, N.B.
The arrest is not connected to the Moncton shootings, New Brunswick RCMP tweeted Monday.
The man who was arrested, 25-year-old Jasper John Stam, has been charged with uttering threats to cause death to police between May 10 and May 18.

There's a whole back story to JB's hatred for police that is just beginning to leak out. Sounds like he was on a vendetta. Check out -
http://www.mediacoop.ca/story/are-moncton-rcmp-paying-price-last-years-murder-da/30896

As the media wolves circle around Justin Bourque and fabricate the least sympathetic motives they can come up with to project onto his actions, a handful of news commenters have posted and re-posted stories about the murder of Daniel Levesque, who may have been a close friend of Justin Bourque, on July 13, 2013 by Moncton RCMP, and the subsequent 'investigation' that, like virtually every other time police investigate other police, found the officers did nothing wrong.

I'm never clear about rules re: facebook here - so will just say that the subject of the most recent arrest can be easily located on that site, and it's horrifying to me to read what he is posting there.

If that is against the TOS, please delete my post, mods.

I will be wearing Red tomorrow in support for these officer's families, and also for the wonderful Canadian friends, I have made on this site. I am truly sorry. SillyBilly, I truly admire you. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back