CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a podcast to refresh our collective memories

My ramblings right now……. AG has a « sexual component », LE will not give the cause of Sonia’s death. Could there be a link? Was a trophy taken from Audrey and this trophy-taking was similar to Sonia’s cause of death? Taking a female organ as a trophy would certainly leave a lot of blood. In AG’s case the officer said it was the worst of his career while with Sonia we know there was much blood.

Have LE looked into the Audrey + Sonia cases? And we don’t know how far Shelley’s case might have gone.

Another link = August 29 Sonia disappeared. December 29 was the day before PK found Audrey’s body.Do I have these dates correct from memory?
'Gleave, 73, was discovered dead by her then 22-year-old friend and handyman Phil Kinsman on Dec. 30, 2010, in the garage of her Indian Trail home.'

I believe, if at all, Sonia's and Shelley's case are connected (optical they were the same type of woman), but AG is another case and completely different. Alone AG's living situation was not comparable to Sonia and Shelley. The age wasn't. The optics weren't. The motive, we are thinking of, weren't. I think, there are 2 different murderers at least (if not 3 killers).

My ramblings right now……. AG has a « sexual component », LE will not give the cause of Sonia’s death. Could there be a link? Was a trophy taken from Audrey and this trophy-taking was similar to Sonia’s cause of death? Taking a female organ as a trophy would certainly leave a lot of blood. In AG’s case the officer said it was the worst of his career while with Sonia we know there was much blood.

Have LE looked into the Audrey + Sonia cases? And we don’t know how far Shelley’s case might have gone.
Meanwhile we have heard, that this officer SteveH was used to overdo it with his describing of the crime scene and murder.

Last edited:
I believe, if at all, Sonia's and Shelley's case are connected (optical they were the same type of woman), but AG is another case and completely different. Alone AG's living situation was not comparable to Sonia and Shelley. The age wasn't. The optics weren't. The motive, we are thinking of, weren't. I think, there are 2 different murderers at least (if not 3 killers).
I'm starting to agree BUT Shelley and Sonia have to be the same person. Geographically it seems so.

I’m so obsessed with these three cases that last night I tried to find if there are any mental hospitals near Sonia and Shelley. I was thinking of « day passes » given out.Have LE looked into any of these places? And in the Ancaster area as well.

Looking for a link regarding Det SH and found this bit in link instead v . Does this suggest that AG was different, maybe more reserved in some way from when she first moved into the house, what could have happened to make her so nervous about her email address, or was she on top of the then newly emerging internet scams?

Back to Det. SH and thinking that he may have seemed to ''over do it'' in his ''spicy'' description of the crime, but probably because it contrasted so dramatically from PK's ''bland'' take on the murder scene, imo, speculation.

2010 rbbm.
"She was living by herself and quite private," Prenger told CTV Toronto. "I don't think she was too involved in the actual neighbourhood. I've lived next to her for 20 years and I think I knew her better 20 years ago than I did the last couple of years."

Prenger said it was bizarre for something so tragic to happen in the quiet country community.''

''A private person, Gleave kept many details of her life and past hidden — even from those closest to her.
She once told her ex-brother-in-law she feared she would one day be raped and murdered in her home.
In a 2011 interview with the Hamilton Spectator, Allan Gleave said his ex-wife was “paranoid” because she lived alone. In fact, she did not want many people to know her email address and had stopped communicating with his brother after he might have disclosed it, he said.''

Two observation’s about dotr’s post above.
1. I still find it strange that LE suggested an horrific attack while PK seemed a bit more laid back in his description.
2. As I am aging I also tend to stay closer to home than I did years ago. I think that’s natural. I used to walk my neighbour hood and spend time speaking with my neighbours. Now I’m happy reading a book on my own property. Perhaps Audrey felt the same?

It’s also interesting that women are called « paranoid » while a man would just « be cautious « .

I also am cautious about who has my email address. Perhaps Audrey had something on her email address that was only known to a small group of people. Something that could be controversial, I mean. Audrey did have a sense of humour so perhaps her email address reflected that.

I will try, but don't have much hope. :)
I didn't find anything and I've forgotten, who had written about it. But the searching got me stuck on interesting crimes, which have nothing to do with Audrey (google "Badegerow").
I googled Lead Investigator Staff Sgt. Steven Hrab+exaggerating about crime scenes (and similar).

It’s also interesting that women are called « paranoid » while a man would just « be cautious « .

I also am cautious about who has my email address. Perhaps Audrey had something on her email address that was only known to a small group of people. Something that could be controversial, I mean. Audrey did have a sense of humour so perhaps her email address reflected that.
Audrey seemed to fear an attack on her and despite that she remained living at her secluded area in a big home, she didn't need and with a large garden, she didn't need, when she was getting older. All that, because she committed to never sell this home, as her ex-husband demanded at their divorce. Odd.

Audrey seemed to fear an attack on her and despite that she remained living at her secluded area in a big home, she didn't need and with a large garden, she didn't need, when she was getting older. All that, because she committed to never sell this home, as her ex-husband demanded at their divorce. Odd.

AG doesn’t seem like the kind of person to follow an ex-husbands demands. I wonder why she went along with this. And, I wonder why this was demanded of her. Maybe having the Camaro made her feel powerful and somewhat protected?

AG doesn’t seem like the kind of person to follow an ex-husbands demands. I wonder why she went along with this. And, I wonder why this was demanded of her. Maybe having the Camaro made her feel powerful and somewhat protected?
I think, the bright white, roaring Camaro was by far the worst, she could have done to herself, if she feared to be attacked one day. There is nothing, that would have attracted much more attention than an elderly woman with this type of vehicle.

ETA: Rest of my original post I just put on Audrey's thread. Sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members