Canada - Suspect posing as delivery man shot woman with crossbow, Toronto (Mississauga), Nov. 2018 *arrest*

News reports mention that there was a short conversation between the perp and victim, but what was said has not afaik been revealed.
Investigators believe the attack was premeditated and isolated. Comments made to the victim at her door also indicate the attack was targeted, Division Superintendent Heather Ramore said during a news conference Monday.

A fake delivery man shot a Mississauga woman with a crossbow in a ‘targeted’ hit, police say
"The victim and 'delivery man' had a brief conversation, and then the man shot her in the chest. She was able to close the door as he ran, and call 911".
"Comments made to the victim (by the suspect) indicate the victim was targeted and that the suspect may have carried out the attack at the request of another individual," said Supt. Heather Raymor. "It is clear that this attack was meant to end the victim's life."
Canada crossbow attack: police looking for suspect who posed as a delivery person - CNN
"Investigators believe the attack was premeditated and isolated. Comments made to the victim at her door also indicate the attack was targeted, Division Superintendent Heather Ramore said during a news conference Monday."

"The suspect's right hand was in the box and investigators believe that arm was used to trigger the crossbow and fire, Peel Regional Police Detective Sergeant Jim Kettles said."

(bbm)

"Comments made to the victim (by the suspect) indicate the victim was targeted and that the suspect may have carried out the attack at the request of another individual," said Supt. Heather Raymor.

just noticed the sentence I bolded ... now I really wanna know what he said to her

In reasonably related news today..
Toronto cops using facial recognition software since March 2018
May 28, 2019
"Toronto police have had access to facial recognition software since last March, and say it can find a possible suspect from a surveillance camera or witness image from a crime scene approximately 50 per cent of the time.

A report to be considered by the Toronto Police Services Board this Thursday says police bought the system from NEC America at a cost of $452,000.

It compares photos and screengrabs from videos against the TPS database of approximately 1.5 million mugshots."
"The system cannot provide a suggested identity when the image is too blurry or a suspect’s face is concealed, but officers were still able to use it to make arrests.

During the last nine months of 2018, the system was used to analyze about 5,000 crime images. In about 3,000 of those, it identified a potential candidate for further investigation.

Of the 3,000 candidate images, approximately 2,400 of those images “led to the identification of the criminals responsible for these criminal offences.”

In reasonably related news today..
Toronto cops using facial recognition software since March 2018
May 28, 2019
"Toronto police have had access to facial recognition software since last March, and say it can find a possible suspect from a surveillance camera or witness image from a crime scene approximately 50 per cent of the time.

A report to be considered by the Toronto Police Services Board this Thursday says police bought the system from NEC America at a cost of $452,000.

It compares photos and screengrabs from videos against the TPS database of approximately 1.5 million mugshots."
"The system cannot provide a suggested identity when the image is too blurry or a suspect’s face is concealed, but officers were still able to use it to make arrests.

During the last nine months of 2018, the system was used to analyze about 5,000 crime images. In about 3,000 of those, it identified a potential candidate for further investigation.

Of the 3,000 candidate images, approximately 2,400 of those images “led to the identification of the criminals responsible for these criminal offences.”

WOW!

money well-spent IMO

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/crossbow-shooting-mississauga-1.5098342
April 15 2019

"Police say they're looking for a man they believe posed as a delivery man in order to shoot a woman with a crossbow in Mississauga, Ont.

Peel Regional Police said Monday that in November, a 44-year-old woman answered her door to the supposed delivery man who was carrying a large box.

They say the woman and the suspect had a short conversation before the man shot her with a crossbow he had hidden inside the box."

Officers said they believe the incident was a "premeditated, targeted and isolated attack" based on the conversation between the woman and suspect before she was shot.

"They said the crossbow used in the attack was meant for large game hunting in order to "inflict the maximum amount of damage possible."

Police are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the suspect, who fled the scene in a dark coloured pick up truck."

Much like the Sherman case, the person behind this wanted to strike at the homefront. Safe bet is this wasn’t the only option. Very personal cauldron of hate boiling, IMO.

The “delivery man” delivered a message from whoever hired him, and fired.

Sick.

if you google Brett Ryan and Toronto Life (big article), it's just a bizarre story.

i am usually quite liberal on social and law-order matters, but i really question the ultimate judge in this case.... Brett was sorry, but what he did was really awful and spoke to larger personality issues. as well, it was his 2nd extremely serious conviction. he's pretty young and middle class for that.

Arrest!
WARMINGTON: Ex arrested in 2018 crossbow attack on Mississauga woman | Toronto Sun
''He may have looked look a delivery man dropping off a box, but what he was really trying to deliver was death.

The man in disguise at the front door pretending to be a courier had a ready-to-fire crossbow hidden inside the box. He had his hand on the trigger under the cardboard and pulled it as soon as the unsuspecting woman opened the door to accept her package.''

''Oops. The would-be killer, and whoever allegedly contracted him, didn’t see that coming. It then became their turn to wait for a knock on the door.''

''Investigators are starting to unwrap this mystery and have made an arrest in this bizarre, disturbing case. It may have taken almost 22 months but now it’s Peel police’s turn to drop off a package. They did just that last week.''

''But the Toronto Sun has learned they have arrested the victim’s ex common-law partner in an alleged conspiracy to kill the woman with whom he allegedly had a bitter separation. While he is not accused of being the one in disguise as a courier at the door, police will go to court to claim he plotted it. The man is innocent until proven guilty. His name will be announced at the news conference.''

''They are not done yet. The investigation is very active and there could be more people to bag.

The woman, a mother of two teenagers, has been briefed about the development and is considering making a public statement''

Arrest!
WARMINGTON: Ex arrested in 2018 crossbow attack on Mississauga woman | Toronto Sun
''He may have looked look a delivery man dropping off a box, but what he was really trying to deliver was death.

The man in disguise at the front door pretending to be a courier had a ready-to-fire crossbow hidden inside the box. He had his hand on the trigger under the cardboard and pulled it as soon as the unsuspecting woman opened the door to accept her package.''

''Oops. The would-be killer, and whoever allegedly contracted him, didn’t see that coming. It then became their turn to wait for a knock on the door.''

''Investigators are starting to unwrap this mystery and have made an arrest in this bizarre, disturbing case. It may have taken almost 22 months but now it’s Peel police’s turn to drop off a package. They did just that last week.''

''But the Toronto Sun has learned they have arrested the victim’s ex common-law partner in an alleged conspiracy to kill the woman with whom he allegedly had a bitter separation. While he is not accused of being the one in disguise as a courier at the door, police will go to court to claim he plotted it. The man is innocent until proven guilty. His name will be announced at the news conference.''

''They are not done yet. The investigation is very active and there could be more people to bag.

The woman, a mother of two teenagers, has been briefed about the development and is considering making a public statement''

This case got to me. The ultimate in evil cowardice. Nail the little s - - t. Well done, Peel Region police.

Mississauga man accused of hiring person to dress as deliveryman, shoot former common-law partner with crossbow
At a news conference on Tuesday morning, police confirmed 50-year-old Mississauga resident ''Roger Jaggernauth was taken in custody last week in connection with the “cowardly and heinous” attack, which occurred on the night of Nov. 7, 2018.''

''In a video statement screened at Tuesday’s news conference, the victim, whose identity was concealed, spoke about the ordeal, crediting paramedics and police for helping to save her life.

“After finally leaving a volatile and toxic five-year relationship, I was finally feeling happy and looking forward to the life I wanted. That all changed for me when I answered the door that evening to a man posing as a delivery person claiming to have a package for me,” she said.

“In an instant, I was shot with a crossbow fighting for my life while on the phone with a 911 operator until help arrived. I thought I was going to die. With the amazing work of the police and paramedics, I reached the hospital alive.”

''Police are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the man who wielded the crossbow.''

just saw the news! so glad they got them!!

ETA
: they got the husband but not the shooter yet

Last edited:
When asked why it took two years to make an arrest in the case, Kettles said investigators wanted to ensure they had sufficient evidence for a criminal charge.
“It is one thing to have suspicion about an individual but it is an entirely different thing to go through this process of collecting sufficient evidence,” he said.
“Some of these investigations can be done in months, others take years. As you can see, we are still working on this. We have still not identified a shooter.”
Police are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the man who wielded the crossbow.

Man arrested after allegedly hiring fake delivery person to shoot ex-partner with a crossbow

[bbm]

I love the quote above. When we think nothing is happening, they are usually working hard behind the scenes.

'I live in constant fear:' Victim of Mississauga crossbow attack speaks about her recovery
•Aug 18, 2020

Police arrest suspect in 2018 Mississauga crossbow attack
•Aug 18, 2020

Hitman hired to kill common-law partner with crossbow: Cops | Toronto Sun
jaggernauth2-e1597777989605.jpg

Roger Jaggernauth, 50, is accused of hiring a hitman to kill his former partner. The woman survived being shot through the chest with a crossbow by a hitman posing as a deliveryman in Nov. 2018. Handout / Peel Regional Police
''Domestic violence has reached crisis levels in Peel Region, and is a top priority for the service, said Deputy Chief Marc Andrews.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back