Found Deceased CANADA - Sweetgrass Kennedy, 4, Prince Albert, 10 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
MISSING: 4-year-old Sweetgrass Kennedy

The Prince Albert Police Service is requesting the public's assistance in locating 4-year-old Sweetgrass Kennedy.
a00325559181b92a8fcdf77dd517e9c8.jpg

Kennedy was reported missing to the police on May 10. He was last seen in the 900 Block of 2nd St. East wearing a light blue 'Star Wars' hoodie and orange Halloween pyjama pants.

He is described as 3 foot 5 inches tall, weighing 45 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on Kennedy's whereabouts is asked to contact the Prince Albert Police Service at 306-953-4222.

Article: http://m.northeastnow.com/article/524097/missing-4-year-old-sweetgrass-kennedy
Prince Albert Police Service: https://www.facebook.com/papolice/posts/1821598214545472

No, not another lil guy!!! Please let him be found safe.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I don't know much about how LE works in Canada. Are the procedures for a missing child case similar to the US?

I wish there was more info about the circumstances of Sweetgrass' disappearance.

I will try to find out more info during my Toddler Nap Time today.

Sweetgrass Kennedy was last seen Thursday in a park on the 900 block of Second Street E. just after 10 p.m. CST.

The city's fire department and mobile crisis was brought in to help search but ground searches did not locate the boy.

Prince Albert search and rescue teams will be asked to assist Friday.
While police are very concerned, they are not treating the boy's disappearance as suspicious.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/prince-albert-missing-child-1.4658460

If this is accurate and he went missing in a park at 10 pm how was he not found? :dunno:

how is this not suspicious?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Civilian groups assemble to look for missing four-year-old

Two TV tray tables sit in the parking lot of the East End Community Hall with maps and pens on top.

Taylor Robin Solomon directs small groups to various locations and marks them on a map. It is all an effort to find any signs of missing four-year-old Sweetgrass Kennedy.

“I just woke up this morning and I felt like I had to do something,” Solomon said. “We are not affiliated with the family; we are just here to help.”

[...]

“We are just going to try to get volunteers out looking in yards and crawl spaces. He might be scared, he might be cold, he might be lost,” she said.

There was a large showing for the impromptu search group Friday morning, a welcome sight for Solomon. She said the group plans to be at the site for a number of hours and are inviting people to come out and help in any way they can.

http://www.panow.com/article/762313/civilian-groups-assemble-look-missing-four-year-old

Prince Albert is my hometown, and it hasn't been doing well lately. Lots of drugs and violence going around, and a large Indigenous population that is still suffering from the effects of residential schools. Many people split time between 'the city' and northern reserves, leading to a higher transient population and less of what people consider to be traditional family structures. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that little Sweetgrass was in the care of a relative or someone with addiction problems.

Worrying proximity to a very big river.
View attachment 134147

Yep, they're searching the river:

Police search North Saskatchewan River for missing 4-year old boy

Hundreds of volunteers joined police in Prince Albert to look for four-year-old Sweetgrass Kennedy, who hasn’t been seen since Thursday, May 10.
Volunteers have been told to stay away from the river and leave the search to trained staff including police and firefighters, and police have said the river bank is dangerous.

“After numerous witness interviews conducted by police investigators as well as evidence located, the unified search command team are focusing all search efforts to the North Saskatchewan River,” Sgt. Travis Willie said Friday in a release.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4202528/prince-albert-police-missing-boy-sweetgrass-kennedy/

:tears:

Yep, they're searching the river:

Police search North Saskatchewan River for missing 4-year old boy

Hundreds of volunteers joined police in Prince Albert to look for four-year-old Sweetgrass Kennedy, who hasn’t been seen since Thursday, May 10.
Volunteers have been told to stay away from the river and leave the search to trained staff including police and firefighters, and police have said the river bank is dangerous.

“After numerous witness interviews conducted by police investigators as well as evidence located, the unified search command team are focusing all search efforts to the North Saskatchewan River,” Sgt. Travis Willie said Friday in a release.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4202528/prince-albert-police-missing-boy-sweetgrass-kennedy/

:tears:
Police say their investigation indicates there is no cause for concern for public safety.//

So do they think family is involved? Who reported him missing and under what circumstances?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Police say their investigation indicates there is no cause for concern for public safety.//

So do they think family is involved? Who reported him missing and under what circumstances?

Or they think he simply got lost or had an accident on his own...

Or they think he simply got lost or had an accident on his own...

Unfortunately it does seem that way...................a little lad concentrating on what he is doing and not focused on his surroundings and accidents have a habit of happening quickly. I do hope he will be found alright.

My home town too ... So sad to say, but I believe he is in the river. This is awful.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why we have no info on the circumstances of his disappearance. Was he home? Who reported him missing?

I don't understand why we have no info on the circumstances of his disappearance. Was he home? Who reported him missing?

I can think of several reasons:
- some LE agencies/jurisdictions in Canada just don’t give out a lot of details

- possibly the “story” given when he was reported missing has changed (due to other evidence/witness reports): see requests from LE for CCTV on a specific block ~3pm where original reports said 10pm as “last seen”, & LE don’t want to compromise the search

- see also LE cancelling volunteer searches/asking people to stay away; they (LE) possibly have info that if released might lead to the search and/or any [criminal] investigation being compromised.

Basically, it comes down to “we don’t always get as much info as we’d like in Canada”. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back