CANADA Canada - Tamra Keepness, 5, Regina, Sask, 5 July 2004

Time runs out on reward money for girl

The $10,000 reward in connection with the disappearance of a missing Saskatchewan child is no longer in effect.

[snip]

"It has been over seven years now since Tamra disappeared, but it's never too late to do the right thing for her.
I can't believe they did that, it's like they're giving up on her.

A $25,000 reward for information on the whereabouts of Regina's Tamra Keepness has been extended until the end of the year.

On Wednesday, the Regina Board of Police Commissioners voted to keep the reward going until at least Dec. 31, 2012.

The five-year-old girl was last seen in her home on the 1800 block of Ottawa St. on July 5, 2004.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...8/sk-tamra-keepness-reward-extended-1203.html

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/07/04/20951071.html

""We want people to know that we havent forgotten about this child or forgotten about this case and we are still working very diligently on any information associated to this case," Regina police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich said Thursday.

Police are still offering a $25,000 reward for information and are appealing to those with information to come forward.

"Sometimes, especially in cases where this is a suspeced criminal aspect, people may have information and may not, for reasons unknown to us, bring it forward," Popowich said. "Sometimes time works in our favour in that people may have second thoughts and they may feel the need to disclose information."

Glad to see there's still an active search for this little girl!

I'm new to this site, and because i'm from one small country in europe some cases, well a lot of them are new to me. I was reading about this case today, and I can't believe that parents are leaving their small children alone at night, in that kind of neighborhood. What I don't understand is that she was last seen in a light blue , striped halter top with pink accents, light blue jeans and pink and white shoes; and on the other hand I read that her mother tucked her in bed at 11h (in jeans and shoes???). Then some guy Russell have seen her sleeping on couch at about 3:00 am? Mother out, and father/stepfather comes to check on kids several times? 3:15 - 3:30 mother comes home, climbed through the window (???? and the back door were open) doesn't check her kids but just falls asleep on the couch? What's wrong with that picture? She doesn't check the doors or the kids (the youngest was 8 month old?) and just crashes on the couch? If somebody came and kidnapped her, why would he/she leave other kids or for that matter why wouldn't he/she take something (nobody was in the house accept small children)? Ok maybe she interrupted someone, but again why didn't she scream, kids scream because they don't understand what if, until he/she says to them to shut up, so somebody would have hear something, other kids would wake up? Who would try to kidnap a child in a house where people were coming in and out? What I don't understand is who is Russell? If he wasn't a father why did he came to the house at 3 am and eat food?

sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language!

I'm new to this site, and because i'm from one small country in europe some cases, well a lot of them are new to me. I was reading about this case today, and I can't believe that parents are leaving their small children alone at night, in that kind of neighborhood. What I don't understand is that she was last seen in a light blue , striped halter top with pink accents, light blue jeans and pink and white shoes; and on the other hand I read that her mother tucked her in bed at 11h (in jeans and shoes???). Then some guy Russell have seen her sleeping on couch at about 3:00 am? Mother out, and father/stepfather comes to check on kids several times? 3:15 - 3:30 mother comes home, climbed through the window (???? and the back door were open) doesn't check her kids but just falls asleep on the couch? What's wrong with that picture? She doesn't check the doors or the kids (the youngest was 8 month old?) and just crashes on the couch? If somebody came and kidnapped her, why would he/she leave other kids or for that matter why wouldn't he/she take something (nobody was in the house accept small children)? Ok maybe she interrupted someone, but again why didn't she scream, kids scream because they don't understand what if, until he/she says to them to shut up, so somebody would have hear something, other kids would wake up? Who would try to kidnap a child in a house where people were coming in and out? What I don't understand is who is Russell? If he wasn't a father why did he came to the house at 3 am and eat food?

sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language!

Welcome Robela! You make great observations! I also agree, I wonder how parenting was with the family, were there any accusations or suspicions or child abuse or neglect by anyone in the household?

Russell was the mother's boyfriend. I've met him.

I don't believe for a second that she was kidnapped to an outsider.

Thank you amber1. Yes I agree with you. There is something missing in this picture, someone is not telling the whole story. Mother was at home at 12 pm to check for her children, then when she came to her friends house she called her oldest daughter to check again, but when she came home (through the window?) she just fell asleep and didn't check? I think that they all know something, just like in Madeline McCann case. I have two daughters 10 and 14, and I don't go anywhere if there is no older person with them, grandma or nanny, friends come to me or nothing. And in Madeline case they were in other country with smaller kids, what if they have a nightmare and they want mummy to hug them, or something worst happens. Maybe the police would have convict those parents with neglect even if they didn't do anything else? Maybe I'm to harsh but I'm a mother and even when my kids are with my mom, when I come home I always check on them.

Thanx Danaya! So Russell was mothers boyfriend who went with kids dad to drink in a bar/ after that they got into a fight, mother went to her friends place…. 3 grownups out drinking, small kids alone at home in not so good neighborhood? And supposedly someone left the back door open? I too don't think that she was kidnapped to an outsider, but on the other hand if somebody took her then maybe she is still alive even after so many years, because if mother, father or boyfriend had something to do with it then she is probably no longer with us. And that is so sad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/reward-in-tamra-keepness-doubled-to-50-000-1.2686633

bbm.
"Police in Regina have upped the reward offered for information on the Tamra Keepness case from $25,000 to $50,000 in hopes the added incentive may solve the decade-old mystery of how the five-year-old vanished from her home.

The youngster was last seen in her home, in the 1800 block of Ottawa Street, on the night of July 5, 2004. The next morning, family members noticed she was gone".

http://ckom.com/story/regina-police-double-reward-tamra-keepness-case/376123

"The case is being investigated by the cold case unit but police have said in the past that they believe some people are holding information back.

In the recommendation, Hagen writes that increasing the reward might help illicit crucial information. The police have followed up on more than 1,800 tips in the case to date."

bbm.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/Help+bring+home+bringing+forth+your+stories/10003677/story.html

It was a day of reflection at this year's Tamra Keepness Barbecue. "It's been a hard, but hopeful, 10 years," said Erica Beaudin, urban services manager for Regina Treaty Status Indian Services.

A decade has passed since the then-five-year-old girl went missing from her Regina home...

Joyce Keepness, one of Tamra's kokums, said not a day goes by that she doesn't think about her grandchild. "She would be a teenager now," she said.

I hope this isn't someone trying to play games with LE, but rather a real lead.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will find Tamra.

Well, hmm, Muscopetung and Pasqua are both names of Indian tribes. Tried various spellings of that school but didn't find anything.

I wonder if "slew" means a slough.

ETA: Further googling tells me Todd Cappo is chief of the Muscopetung tribe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back