Canada - teen girl kidnapped, escapes - Manitoba - June 24, 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by LadyL, Jun 25, 2019.

1. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

Manitoba RCMP say a girl is safe after she was abducted while walking her dog Sunday.

The girl, 16, was walking her dog on Ste Anne’s Road southeast of Landmark, Man. at about 7 a.m. when a man drove his black pick-up truck beside her and offered her a ride. When she said no, he jumped out of the truck and forced her into it.

“The dog, apparently, tried to intervene, I don’t know if it was by attacking or just trying to get in the way, she apparently may have pushed it away,” said Manaigre. The dog managed to run home and was not hurt.

Teen girl kidnapped near Landmark, Man., manages to escape her abductor

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Amonet, Trinitee, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

The family of the 16-year-old girl abducted near Landmark on Sunday says she was forced into a stranger's truck at knife point.

The man is described as clean cut, 18 to 22 years old, about five feet, eight inches tall, with a medium build. He has a light brown complexion, short black hair and a round face.

The truck is described as an older black four-door pickup truck, with a dusty exterior.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/kidnapping-teen-manitoba-1.5187746

Amonet, Jim_M and perfectingpink like this.
  3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

Amonet and Jim_M like this.
  4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

this is terrifying
    I hope they catch him fast

Amonet and Jim_M like this.
  5. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Yes, very lucky for her she escaped and they have a description of the suspect and his truck. Aww, her dog tried to intervene. Whodagoodboy!

I’m curious about the “light brown complexion.” Is he a tan white man? Indian? Hispanic? A light-skinned black man? If that is her best description then I have no problem at all, but I sure hope that it’s not the police trying to be politically correct.

Hopefully they can get an artist’s rendering of the suspect out quickly.

Jim_M likes this.