Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing this case on the news when this happened. Very sad. Little did I realize when I came to this thread from another thread last night, that I once worked with Thelma’s brother, Bill, years ago. I hadn’t seen him in ages and hadn’t realized he moved out of Northern Ontario to BC, but was shocked and saddened to read more in-depth about Thelma. Ironically enough, I also attended high school with Thelma’s former husband’s stepdaughter. Northern Ontario can be quite the small place when it wants to be! Here’s hoping the family eventually finds the answers they are desperate for. Many blessings.

I think a verbal dispute may have happened that morning between TK and a female, something said, maybe a complaint or remark which offended the currently unknown individual or was taken as rude. The latter could not take the high road - probably part of her personality - and clocked her one, and got help from her male friend to hide TK out in the countryside somewhere.

I have not forgotten the case either. My theory is it's the fellow who looks like the one in the sketch, who has a prior record and had been approaching seniors in a fraud scam. Thelma would not have fallen for his story, and may have challenged him on it. Did an altercation ensue? When the police talk about a "medical emergency", did they mean she had been injured and then dragged off? Did the guy panic and dispose of her body in the countryside? The tipster may not have told the whole truth. It may not have involved a sexual assault, which would be a relief.

Winnipeg police seek leads in Thelma Krull case | CBC News

Winnipeg police are still looking to the public for tips to help solve the disappearance of Thelma Krull, three years after the well-loved grandmother went missing.

Since her disappearance on July 11, 2015, the Winnipeg police homicide unit has received more 400 tips from the public, the most recent coming on Monday.

"This is still an ongoing investigation, it's still active, we do have detectives working on it and we're still receiving tips," said Const. Rob Carver with the Winnipeg Police Service, who reviewed details of the case at a news conference at police headquarters Wednesday morning.

Investigation Continues in Disappearance of Thelma Krull

108948-posts.feature_sm.jpg

ednesday marked three-years since the disappearance of Thelma Krull, who was last seen on July 11th, 2015 in the East Kildonan area.

Winnipeg Police say evidence continues to be collected in the investigation. To date, police have received more than 400 tips.

Thelma had gone for a walk at 7:23 a.m. and is believed to have walked from her residence in the Grassie Blvd. area to an area known as Civic Park near Kildonan East Collegiate. She had arrived in this area at approximately 8:00 a.m.

Several items belonging to Thelma have been recovered which include her glasses and cellular phone.

Holly Grim was never far from my mind during the 3 years it took to find her. Thelma has been on my mind ever since I watched the video in the early days of her going missing. I am hopeful that it will "only" take about 3 years to bring her home, too. Bumping for Thelma.

I still think of her often. Wish the police would release more info. The secrecy they maintained around this case did not help in my honest opinion.

Indeed.
There are cases that give the impression that for some reason or other they don't want them solved. Often politics is among those reasons. IMHO this is one of those cases, don't ask me why, but it is taking too long.

I'm just throwing this theory out here. I wonder if the man - the one in the police sketch - took her back to a rental unit where two other males where present. First male possibly on average height or a bit on the shorter side, light brownish hair with a bit of a receding hairline, clear complexion, a bit of a pot belly. A bit of a dimwit. Possibly cauasian and knew the man in the sketch. Second male - on the shorter side, light brown hair, no balding. Caucasian. Both violent, the the second one more so. It was possibly the second male that resulted in this woman's demise.

I'm just throwing this theory out here. I wonder if the man - the one in the police sketch - took her back to a rental unit where two other males where present. First male possibly on average height or a bit on the shorter side, light brownish hair with a bit of a receding hairline, clear complexion, a bit of a pot belly. A bit of a dimwit. Possibly cauasian and knew the man in the sketch. Second male - on the shorter side, light brown hair, no balding. Caucasian. Both violent, the the second one more so. It was possibly the second male that resulted in this woman's demise.
Where are you getting your specific descriptions from?

I believe the tipster said there was an argument going on outside the rental unit just after 8am. If so, did other people not hear this? Was the argument between two men or between the abductor and Thelma? Was this abduction planned or just random?

For Websleuths who do not know the area... on a hot, humid summer morning at 8am on a Saturday where the crime apparently happened, although it is in the city, it is VERY quiet. That community centre is NOT buzzing with activity on weekends at that time in summer. There are NOT a lot of people around that early. There are some vehicles going down Concordia, and a few down Kimberly, but there's very little human traffic. If there were screams or an argument, these would be heard by nearby residents in my opinion because it's so quiet. I know this because I was putting signs up for a garage sale very close to that location just 2 Saturdays before that fateful July morning. I don't know why Winnipeg Police said at first that there would have been lots of people in the hill and community centre area.

They were looking for something like 6 people who could have been possible witnesses in that huge area in a span of 45 minutes ... 2 people on bikes leaving, probably after playing tennis, a girl with a backpack, a jogger, a woman walking and another one walking her dog around that time. Not exactly evidence the place was a beehive of activity! I believe these 6 people came forward.
As for a man and a woman apparently talking northwest of the hill, was that on the satellite image, and was that confirmed as happening on that date?

Last edited:
I think the info about two people talking was maybe a tip from one of the people they interviewed.

I'm a bit confused about reference to the satellite images, I thought that was just images from Google maps annotated to show the location where people had been observed, either by surveillance footage or by eye witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie