Identified! Canada - Toronto, Ont, Human remains in park, May'10 - Abu-Ubaida Atieque

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by WhyaDuck?, May 7, 2010.

1. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

Unidentified remains found in Toronto region. I thought this might be of interest to a few cases ongoing on WS.

More at:
    http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Human+remains+found+Scarborough+park/3000089/story.html

2. Loading...

3. Hazel

Hazel New Member

4. Hazel

Hazel New Member

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

so if they already know it's not Mariam, then I speculate it's obviously a man?

6. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

CP24 JUST reported that the remains were that of a man. They have been known to make mistakes, but there's a 50/50 chance of this being correct.

7. Hazel

Hazel New Member

8. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Or a child, or non-Caucasian.

9. Virgogalsue

Virgogalsue Inactive

I wondered if there was any possibility that it might have been the remains of Elizabeth Bain, the Scarborough, U of T student, whose body was never recovered??

That park is SO close to home!

10. Patience

Patience Active Member

I wait not so patiently for these remains to be identified. Could it be Elizabeth? I also wonder if it could be another victim of Russell Williams because this is also near the Scarborough campus of the University of Toronto where Russ went to school.

Pics of Morningside Park

http://www.google.ca/images?rlz=1T4...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CD8QsAQwBQ

11. nobodyzgirl

nobodyzgirl Active Member

I am waiting not so patiently also. When I first heard about it that was my first reaction that it was E. Bain -given the area where she went missing. I grew up right in that area and I know the park really well.

12. matou

matou #los2188

If is was E Bain then the remains would be completely skeletonized. LE stated that it is not Mariam Mahkniashvili so my guess is that the remains are not completely skeletal. JMO

13. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

ITA. Late last night, CP24 reported (on TV, but not online) that the remains were those of a male. I couldn't find any confirmation of this anywhere today. In fact, there appear to be no updates on this story since then. This revelation could very well be another example of the media jumping the gun.

JMO

EDIT: Just found this:

"the remains were that of a male"

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/05/07/tor-remains-morningside.html

14. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

I am wondering if it might be Sandy Abt, who's been missing some time - I started a thread for him somewhere a while back - I'll add the link when I can.

More at:
    http://news.therecord.com/article/609779

EDIT: Mr Abt's WS thread:
    Canada - Ontario - Alexander Byron Abt, 45 - October 6, 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

15. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Sandy's sister is wondering too....she's commented under the news story at the cbc news link.

So how much longer will an ID take? Personal belongings found with body - should help right? I know, not always.

The police said "suspicious" death and also asked the person that found the body not to reveal any info about what he saw.

Makes me think the deceased did not die of natural causes.

:waitasec:

16. TripleA

TripleA New Member

CANADA Canada - Paul Michael Foster, 28 years old, Hamilton, Ontario - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Paul's home was approximately 1hr south west from this location.

17. TripleA

TripleA New Member

18. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

"No foul play is suspected and a post-mortem examination is scheduled for Wednesday, May 12, 2010."

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/18779.pdf

19. Hazel

Hazel New Member

On Toronto CTV . ca, at the end of the VIDEO clip entitled:

"Mariam's father gets bail after arrest" (on the 2:13 mark), reporter Austin Delaney said that LE says

the remains found at the Morningside Park are those of a homeless man; no foul play is suspected.

20. Virgogalsue

Virgogalsue Inactive

I hope that they release his identity anyway. There is a homeless man in our neighbourhood who is quite well known. He was once a U of T Professor but developed a mental illness.
    I last saw him two weekends ago at Morningside/Lawrence.
    I hope that it isn't him

21. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

Violet, maybe there are more than one familiar homeless men in that neighbourhood, I don't know. But a few years ago, I was standing in line at Tim Hortons at Morningside and Lawrence. There was an obviously homeless older man in front of me. He was generally filthy, but I noticed most that his bare calves were absolutely black with dirt. I think he was wearing a trench coat. Do you think this was the same man?