Canada - Twins William & James Beck, 17, Fort McMurray, AB, 26 June 2011

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by LadyL, Jun 28, 2011.

1. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

William and James Beck are the victims:

RCMP were called to the Borealis Park area about 11:15 p.m. Sunday after a reported assault. Police found two men, who were taken to hospital, but died. Police are treating the deaths as suspicious.

(eta: there seems to be a word missing and as a result, the sentence implies they died at hospital when it appears they were pronounced dead upon arrival & actually died in the park)​

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entert...nd+dead+Fort+McMurray+park/5016050/story.html

2. Loading...

3. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

4. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

geez, this is horrible.

5. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

Will and Jamie Beck:

(click to enlarge)

William James Beck.jpg

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Awwww. How devastating for their family. OMG. Pretty rare to lose twins in a violent murder like that. My heart breaks for their parents and loved ones. RIP boys.

7. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I just lost another piece of my heart - why are our beautiful children being killed.

I hope this is solved quickly, and justice is swift.

Mel

8. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

I wonder who called in the assault. If it was one of the boys & then help didn't arrive in time ...

I hope the people responsible are in custody by tomorrow.

9. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Fly high, William and James. You'll be forever together.

10. fran

fran Former Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/06/28/edmonton-fort-mcmurray-deaths.html

Fort McMurray twin brothers' deaths called suspicious

William and James Beck were found by police and EMS after they were called around 11:15 p.m. to an assault complaint in Borealis Park. The teens were pronounced dead in hospital.

"James was a fun-loving guy who liked to play hockey. He was good at track and always smiled," said the boys' aunt Donna Reid. "William was good at working with his hands and loved mechanics and loved to have a good time."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. fran

fran Former Member

Twin brothers killed in Fort McMurray park

With their ready smiles, love of partying and penchant for getting into the occasional dust-up, twin brothers William and James Beck fit the mould of Fort McMurray, the big-spirited frontier city where they lived most of their lives. And it was near the heart of town, in a park popular with local teens, that the 17-year-olds were killed on Sunday

....................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................

A memorial is planned for Thursday afternoon at St. Paul’s Church. Near the scene of the incident, friends constructed a memorial with a pyramid of beer cans, packs of cigarettes, baseball caps, flowers and two candles

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-killed-in-fort-mcmurray-park/article2078831/

12. BrownRice

BrownRice Active Member

Odd and sad. Odd in the fact the boys do not look small - they look like full grown men. Would seem that there would be more than 1 attacker. I can't imagine 1 person doing this to 2 grown men (in size anyways). Very sad for them - what a horrific way to die. And their poor mom.

13. myzzy

myzzy Just me!

We need to wake up. Our children are dying tragic deaths with no reason behind it. I hope the people responsible are brought to justice quickly. These young men had their whole lives ahead of them and could have become anything they wanted. RIP brothers.

14. ellabella

ellabella New Member

Some interesting info re: this crime on facebook. Sounds like both boys were involved in the not so great side of Fort Mac. So sad that it cost them their lives. So young.

15. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

16. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

She recalled their playfulness and athleticism as they went swimming every day after school and liked to rap together. They were also kind, she said, describing how they took time to visit with and befriend developmentally delayed children, and how they picked up after others.

~~~~~~~

The principal of their school, Gil Espejo, said they were &#8220;fun-loving and very respectful&#8221; students who had a lot of friends.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/twin-brothers-stabbed-to-death-police-confirm/article2083225/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2083225

17. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From June 2013:

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2013/06/26/murder-of-two-youths-still-unsolved

From June 2014:

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2014/06/26/beck-twins-murder-still-unsolved-three-years-later