GUILTY Canada - Tyeshia Jones, 18, Duncan BC, 21 Jan 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by luckyducky, Jan 26, 2011.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

2. Loading...

3. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

4. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

6. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

Her cell phone was found on Sunday.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

8. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

9. Hazel

Hazel New Member

CHEK News' Skye Ryan has the latest on the search for Tyeshia Jones as family and friends gather to pray for her safety.

on the 2:20 mark, reporter mentions the location where TJ went missing is just a few hundred meters from where a woman's burned body was found last summer, but to the relief of the community, the RCMP aren't making a connection between the two cases.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=630669921486&saved

10. Hazel

Hazel New Member

11. Hazel

Hazel New Member

OH NO!!! I checked twits, and found this :cry: very sad outcome :(

Police discover body believed to be Tyeshia Jones
    ROBERT MATAS
    Vancouver— Globe and Mail Update
    Published Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 7:02PM EST
    Last updated Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 7:26PM EST
    more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/police-discover-body-believed-to-be-tyeshia-jones/article1887161/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGlobeAndMail-National+%28The+Globe+and+Mail+-+National+News%29&utm_content=Twitter

12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I KNOW. I had a long standing deal with my daughter---call us day or night, NO QUESTIONS ASKED and we will come and get you.
    I promised not to ask why she smelled like pot or beer, just CALL US and we will be there and get you and friends home safely.
    And a few times I did just that. I wasnt happy about it, but I was glad she wasn't stranded at the party, looking for questionable rides home.
    She is now 18, and her wild party days were few and far between, but like most kids, she had a few. And kids need to know they can call for help if they get in over their heads.
    NOBODY, let alone kids, should be out walking at 3 am.

ETA;;OH NO. Just read the post above mine. So sad to see that. God bless her soul, sweet baby.

13. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Shortly after 11:00 am this morning, searchers located a woman’s body in a wooded area off of Indian Road in Duncan, BC.

The RCMP Forensic Identification Section are currently processing the scene where this body was located.

This examination is expected to take several days, given it’s scope and the complexity of the terrain.

Police have cordoned off a large area of land, bordering Indian Road.

http://www.897sunfm.com/news/island_first_news/news/Local/11/01/28/Tyeshia-Jones-Tragic-Discovery

R.I.P. Tyeshia
    :rose:

14. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

15. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

I have been busy all day and went to check about Tyeshia - not what I wanted to see at all.

16. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Terrible news. The family's worst nightmare has come true. I can't imagine what Tyeshia's loved ones are going through right now.

Duncan body believed to be missing 18-year-old

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Duncan+body+believed+missing+year/4189226/story.html

17. Snoopster

18. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Do you know what happened to Tyeshia Jones?

full article: http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/114841189.html

19. Hazel

Hazel New Member

20. Snoopster

I want to thank LE for being right on the ball on this case. As we have seen so many other times here on WS, when an 18 year old disappears LE presumes the runaway scenario and waits quite a while before actively investigating. In this case the truly listened to the people that knew her, enough people to know that it was out of Tyeshia's nature to run away. And....they began searches quite early on. If only this happened more often.

21. CMac2

CMac2 Active Member

In reading some of the comments at the bottom of some of the news articles about this tragic case, I have to agree with some of the people that are posting.

Scary and dangerous as it can be to be out walking alone in the middle of the night, I think we're going to find that whoever committed this awful crime was in some way known to poor Tyeshia. Most predators are not going to sit on the side of such a remote area at 3 AM on the off-chance that some hapless young woman will come along. I think she was grabbed by someone who knew she was enroute, on foot and alone that morning.

There are some rumblings in the comments section of some of the articles that this may in some way have to do with some of the apparent problems between those residing on the reservation (called the "band", by locals) and the federal government. I'm not from anywhere near Canada, so I have no idea whether there could possibly be any merit to any of this.