Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

kmclaren

Reaction score
I read that but it's strange they are out of touch with their families for so long - apparently they were just returning from a 8 week sailing adventure. It seems Dan is married with 2 children, I wonder when the last time he spoke with his wife?

Ya, no communication with their families sounds bad. I just have a sinking feeling if they were actually hitching rides. Even though these two were traveling together, it’s still so freakin dangerous. All it takes is one person with one gun & they’re both at that persons mercy.

She has a valid point. More info would be helpful.

That’s what I thought, too, especially given the fact that they are asking for donations (and people are giving generously). Honestly, I was quite surprised by the admin’s response.

These men have not been heard from in close to 12 days. Where could they possibly be?

The one fellow is married with kids? And didn't immediately go home upon return from this trip? Or have family waiting for him?

Wow!

I’m surprised that they didn’t have someone pick them up; if family members are busy, why not a friend?

I wonder if it’s common for folks to hitchhike in the area.

That’s what I thought, too, especially given the fact that they are asking for donations (and people are giving generously). Honestly, I was quite surprised by the admin’s response.

These men have not been heard from in close to 12 days. Where could they possibly be?
Seems like they are hiding something.

I’m surprised that they didn’t have someone pick them up; if family members are busy, why not a friend?

I wonder if it’s common for folks to hitchhike in the area.

Hitch-hiking is probably common around Ucluelet, it's popular with surfers. But hitch-hiking is illegal on highways.

So to me, trying to hitchhike to Jordan River on the regular roads would be a bad plan, it's extremely unlikely anyone would be heading direct to Jordan River from Ucluelet, and anywhere you'd get dropped off would be illegal/ problematic to try to get another ride.

Also, most drivers outside of laid-back Ucluelet would probably be nervous picking up two guys, not the other way around.

So maybe they did try a more direct backroads /logging road route, and ran into trouble. Not likely to be a yokel with a gun up in this part of the world, but maybe getting lost, or in trouble in the terrain.

Another comment, in their situation I would have just taken the bus. Tofino bus leaves Uke for Victoria at 1:55 pm, they could have been on their way to catch that. They'd arrive in Victoria around 8 pm. Not so easy to get to Jordan River from that point, maybe they stayed in town for a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back