CANADA Canada - Victoria Crow Shoe, 43, Lethbridge, AB, 26 Aug 2015

The trouble with banishment from the Blood Reserve is that it hasn't worked.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...m-blood-reserve-faces-new-trafficking-charges

If it's this difficult to keep an an alleged drug dealer out, how can there be any hope for solving any unsolved murders in the area, and off-reserve?

I'm not holding out hope that the RCMP Major Crimes Unit is any closer to solving Victoria's case than they were back in September, 2015. Is Victoria's murder drug-related? Maybe someone will talk some day.

"As the one-year anniversary approaches, RCMP are renewing calls for clues in the homicide of a Lethbridge woman.

Victoria Joanne Crow Shoe, 43, was last seen Aug. 31, 2015.

While she was reported missing to Lethbridge police on Sept. 15 of that year, her body was recovered two days earlier from the shore of the Oldman River Reservoir at the Windy Point day use area near Pincher Creek."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/victoria-crow-shoe-homicide-unsolved-1.3758992

RCMP reveal important clue in 2015 southern Alberta suspicious death | CBC News
Oct 12, 2018

Police believe the body was bound with rope before being placed in the water. Investigators have released a photo of the rope in the hope someone will recognize it.

victoria-crow-shoe-rope.jpg

RCMP are appealing for tips from anyone who recognizes this rope, which they believe was used to bind Victoria Crow Shoe's body before it was placed in the Oldman River Reservoir in September 2015. (RCMP)
"The rope is of kernmantle construction and is white with two black tracers in the sheath weave," reads an RCMP release.

Well then, that's some serious business. Imo, Victoria should be added to the Highway of Tears list. TransCanada Highway Murders (1973 - 1981) in Alberta and B.C. I remember reading that there were similarities in a few of the cases to HOT. Imo he is still alive.

Wondering if the rope was a cheaper " all purpose" use, or used by an arborist/climber?
speculation.
GRAINGER APPROVED 3/8" dia. Composite All Purpose General Utility Rope, Black Tracer/White, 600 ft. - 45AU86|720120-W1B-00600-07209 - Grainger
"Product Details
Biodegradable Light-Duty Composite Twisted Rope is made from economically priced fibers and makes a good general-purpose utility rope.

SNAPBACK SAFETY WARNING: A dangerous situation occurs if personnel are in line with a rope under tension. Should the rope fail, it may recoil with considerable force. Death may result. Warn people against standing in line with the rope or its bight. To help ropes last longer: AVOID overloading, abrasion, sudden strain, kinks, sharp angles, chemicals, and improper storage. Use correct size rope for job, reverse ends of rope, and keep rope clean."
45AU86_AS01

"ARBORIST ROPE CONSTRUCTION TYPES
Kernmantle -
The mantle (cover) of this rope is woven tight to provide protection for the load-bearing core (up to 70%) strands, which are not woven (parallel). Core strands can also be twisted like a slinky to add elasticity, providing manufacturers a lot of flexibility to manipulate the finished product based on intended use.
Good for a wide range of duties.
Arborist ascent lines of this construction are considered “cover-dependent kernmantles.”
https://www.sherrilltree.com/media/pdf/printcatalog/1_cover-40-SHERRILLtree-Master-2016.pdf
Kernmantle rope - Wikipedia
Use as climbing rope

Internal structure of a 10.7 mm dynamic kernmantle climbing rope
Nylon ropes that were used in yachts for hauling were tested and found useful in climbing and caving and are now the modern standard. The German company Edelrid introduced the first kernmantel rope in 1953, which revolutionized fall prevention. Hemp climbing rope became a thing of the past and rope breakage was greatly reduced. In 1964, Edelrid and Mammut[1] both developed dynamic ropes capable of withstanding multiple falls. These became the forerunner of the modern dynamic climbing rope. Although there were occasional innovations, the rope used today is similar in construction, strength, and durability across manufacturers

If Ms Crow Shoe was already deceased, why was she tied with rope when put into the water?

Wondering if the rope was a cheaper " all purpose" use, or used by an arborist/climber?
speculation.
GRAINGER APPROVED 3/8" dia. Composite All Purpose General Utility Rope, Black Tracer/White, 600 ft. - 45AU86|720120-W1B-00600-07209 - Grainger
"Product Details
Biodegradable Light-Duty Composite Twisted Rope is made from economically priced fibers and makes a good general-purpose utility rope.

SNAPBACK SAFETY WARNING: A dangerous situation occurs if personnel are in line with a rope under tension. Should the rope fail, it may recoil with considerable force. Death may result. Warn people against standing in line with the rope or its bight. To help ropes last longer: AVOID overloading, abrasion, sudden strain, kinks, sharp angles, chemicals, and improper storage. Use correct size rope for job, reverse ends of rope, and keep rope clean."
45AU86_AS01

"ARBORIST ROPE CONSTRUCTION TYPES
Kernmantle -
The mantle (cover) of this rope is woven tight to provide protection for the load-bearing core (up to 70%) strands, which are not woven (parallel). Core strands can also be twisted like a slinky to add elasticity, providing manufacturers a lot of flexibility to manipulate the finished product based on intended use.
Good for a wide range of duties.
Arborist ascent lines of this construction are considered “cover-dependent kernmantles.”
https://www.sherrilltree.com/media/pdf/printcatalog/1_cover-40-SHERRILLtree-Master-2016.pdf
Kernmantle rope - Wikipedia
Use as climbing rope

Internal structure of a 10.7 mm dynamic kernmantle climbing rope
Nylon ropes that were used in yachts for hauling were tested and found useful in climbing and caving and are now the modern standard. The German company Edelrid introduced the first kernmantel rope in 1953, which revolutionized fall prevention. Hemp climbing rope became a thing of the past and rope breakage was greatly reduced. In 1964, Edelrid and Mammut[1] both developed dynamic ropes capable of withstanding multiple falls. These became the forerunner of the modern dynamic climbing rope. Although there were occasional innovations, the rope used today is similar in construction, strength, and durability across manufacturers

Rbbm that one word stands out, self explanatory. The ropes were going into water. Maybe someone thought they would dissolve?

To answer your question directly above, to make it easier to transport someone? The whole "rolled up in carpet" thing, you know what I mean. Maybe weights had been attached?

Not certain that it has to be an arborist or rock climber. Who else would have access to this kind of rope? Is this the kind of thing you can find in any Home Depot? Off the top of my head I'm also thinking indoor rock climbing/activity centers, construction work, possibly window washers (long shot?), camp workers, forestry/naturalist types, I could go on...

If Ms Crow Shoe was already deceased, why was she tied with rope when put into the water?
This is a good "water" rope. As a matter of fact our local hardware store carries it on the roll. It's pretty hard to move when you're tied up in rope but I'm thinking it was more for placement purposes. Btw he did a nice job on the knots. Not a lot of slippage with this type of rope if tied properly.
If the rope was put on her for transportation purposes to the water then we can safely assume that either two people would have carried her or one person would have been dragging her and if she had been dead for even up to a week before placed, well, then the rope would have been necessary. Either way, the rope would have accommodated the movement of her body.

Now I am curious, what kind of knot was used @Clouddown? Also, what do you mean by quoting "water" rope? Funny that you've seen this same rope in the hardware store, meaning it's not hard to find. Maybe the choice of materials was simply a matter of availability?

Going down an already dark path... what about BDSM? Along the lines of BTK and GSK/EAR (diamond knot killer). Not meaning it was consensual but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

I was assuming the example was of the exact same rope. Sorry if I misunderstood. When I blew up biodegradable, I was assuming this was the same type of rope and possibly chosen because it would degrade naturally over time.

Now I am curious, what kind of knot was used @Clouddown? Also, what do you mean by quoting "water" rope? Funny that you've seen this same rope in the hardware store, meaning it's not hard to find. Maybe the choice of materials was simply a matter of availability?

Going down an already dark path... what about BDSM? Along the lines of BTK and GSK/EAR (diamond knot killer). Not meaning it was consensual but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

I was assuming the example was of the exact same rope. Sorry if I misunderstood. When I blew up biodegradable, I was assuming this was the same type of rope and possibly chosen because it would degrade naturally over time.

It more than likely is the same rope as the example and over a long period of time it will come apart in the water but it's a tough rope and easy to tie securely, easy to grip. Not bulky and easy to hide and readily available. All one needs to do is look at those knots and know that this was not his first road show. I'm guessing that another piece of the rope was fed through the small loop. Regardless, imo, it's not so much about BDSM, rather restraint and convenience. Imo, the killer is past bondage, he's more sadistic and he's showing off. I'm also guessing there would be a location of convenience in the area, unless he packed it on his back in the form of a sleeper. Yes, truckers could also use this type of rope along with the required straps and chains.

An indigenous man has been found dead near Burmis, Alberta. Lane Tailfeathers was last seen in Fort Macleod in June, 2021. Police consider his death suspicious. I am mentioning this case in Victoria's thread because the search included the river at Fort Macleod.

For reference, Highway 3 runs from Fort Macleod past Brocket on the Piikani Reserve, the Oldman Dam, and on to Burmis. This is relevant because it is in the same general geographic area.

“You know he got into the wrong crowd, that’s all I’m going to say… he got into the wrong crowd, but he’s a very respectful guy,” said Steven Heavyshields, Lane’s father said.

Body of Lane Tailfeathers found, RCMP investigating death as suspicious | Globalnews.ca

Family continues search for Lane Tailfeathers

FYI, Lane Tailfeathers is called "Wild Horse Rider" on a search page set up by his family.

He appears to have had ties to the Blood Reserve south of Fort Macleod. The Blood Tribe Police Service assisted in the search.

This is a good "water" rope. As a matter of fact our local hardware store carries it on the roll. It's pretty hard to move when you're tied up in rope but I'm thinking it was more for placement purposes. Btw he did a nice job on the knots. Not a lot of slippage with this type of rope if tied properly.
If the rope was put on her for transportation purposes to the water then we can safely assume that either two people would have carried her or one person would have been dragging her and if she had been dead for even up to a week before placed, well, then the rope would have been necessary. Either way, the rope would have accommodated the movement of her body.

There is no shortage of skilled ropers in that area. Could these knots be used for livestock?

Or this?

File:Truckers hitch.jpg - Wikipedia

Last edited:
FYI, Lane Tailfeathers is called "Wild Horse Rider" on a search page set up by his family.

He appears to have had ties to the Blood Reserve south of Fort Macleod. The Blood Tribe Police Service assisted in the search.
Looked to see if he needed a thread set up and found this sad update.
July 24 2021
https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2021/07/24/492941/
''CROWSNEST PASS, AB – A case of a missing person has now become an investigation into a suspicious death in Southern Alberta.
The RCMP has confirmed the passing of 35-year-old Lane Tail Feathers, who was reported missing in late June.''
At 8 p.m. on July 20, Crowsnest Pass RCMP received a report from Alberta Fish and Wildlife that possible human remains had been found in a rural area''.

So Victoria Crow Shoe was bound with rope before being placed in the water. Dive teams searched the area near the shore where she was found. Is it possible that Victoria was tied to something before she was placed in the water? How else would two weeks elapse before she was found? Was she placed in the water somewhere else, like at Summerview, then moved by the water flow, as water levels in the dam fluctuated? It was a dry year in 2015.

Alberta Environment: Alberta River Basins Precipitation Maps

Why does this feel like posting in Kelly Cook's thread?

It's a wide open view at this recreation area.

Some background from south of the border.

Women and girls also go missing from the Blackfeet Reservation south of the border in Montana. Here is the latest one:

13-year-old girl missing from Blackfeet Reservation

There are problems with drug trafficking and drug dealers there, too.

Montana Blackfeet Tribe bans methamphetamine dealer from reservation

This old article highlights the decades-old problem with drug smuggling and illegal border crossings at the Canada-U.S. border by Blackfeet land.

Blackfeet Tribe patrols border with limited resources, funds

One Canadian man is paying the price for smuggling drugs through the Carway border crossing, but how many more get through undetected? How many drug drops succeed?

Alberta man sentenced 8.5 years for record drug bust at southern Alberta border | Globalnews.ca

IMO, Victoria's murder and many others near and on traditional indigenous lands in southern Alberta and northern Montana must be considered in light of the bigger picture on both sides of the border. Looking at these crimes in isolation will lead nowhere.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back