Canada - Dawn Dumont Walker, 48, accused of abducting her son and faking their deaths, Saskatoon, 23 Jul 2022

“….During the news , Huisman said while the missing person investigation is winding down, a criminal investigation is in its early stages.

"Our investigators have been advised by the US authorities that they are confident that Dawn Walker will be further detained in the United States for the short term," Huisman said.

Huisman said Walker entered the U.S. at a southern Alberta border crossing. He said police are "looking into the possibility" that Walker may have received assistance from one ore more people.

"All I can tell you is that we follow the evidence trail and from the moment she was reported missing we started with a missing persons search and then evidence led us to where we are today," Huisman said.

"Evidence speaks for itself."…

…When asked about the cost of the search, Huisman said police don't yet have a tally.

"But I can tell you it will be significant," He said.

While responding to another question from a reporter, Huisman confirmed Walker had previously made domestic violence allegations which were "thoroughly investigated."

"No charges resulted as a result of those investigations," Huisman said.”

Wondering if DD will make bail to attend the S. L. awards?
If not, she will no longer be a contender- a shame - because if she did win 1st place, the prize is $25K which, presumably DD would use to reimburse those involved with searches for missing women and children, imo, speculation.
''MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

All three finalists must be available to attend the Gala Award Dinner in September. Failure to attend may result in forfeiture of the Medal and prize money!
Publishers who are submitting books on behalf of their authors MUST check with them that they are available on that date.''

There is indeed a disconnect between reality and messaging. Dawn Walker used stolen or illegally produced passports to cross an international border. It has nothing to do with her Metis status. It's simply against the law. I guess that means we were correct in the assumption that she planned to restart her life with a new name.

Messaging is that she's found, be happy, forget about the pre-meditated fake passports, fake disappearance, and the abducted child.

"The FSIN statement reads, “Despite her accomplishments and credentials, it appears she felt she had no choice but to leave her life behind, fleeing with her 7-year-old son, Vinnie (Vincent). This is one of the few times whereby a missing woman has not been found dead but has actually been located, and located alive; but because she is an Indigenous woman, there appears to be a disconnect with this being a 'happily ever after' or 'good news' story. She is instead being vilified, demonized, blamed, detained, and perhaps even charged and jailed for 'illegally crossing a border.' We fervently hope this will not be the case and we fully support the organized by IdleNoMore.”

Title 18 U.S. Code – 1028 (a) (6) provides that it is a misdemeanor offense for a person to possess an identification document which is stolen or produced without lawful authority knowing that such document was stolen or produced without such authority.

Police said that she crossed the border South of Lethbridge, meaning Coutts. This is most likely her route. I wonder what the child was thinking.

1659990908047.png

She was arrested in the US, in Oregon.

So will she face charges of illegal entry in the US? Would there be any US charges of kidnapping pertinent to her, or would those all be Canadian?

Serious crimes. International charges.

Me too. But like why? I don’t even get what she’s representing, you know?
We have a thread on here, JoAnn Celia Hoof (Barajas) who was days old on 4/29/2022 and kidnapped by her father who was on leave from the military. Mom had custody. Mom is a Native American. Dad hid the newborn with somebody and returned to active duty. Neither the police, her tribe no our military have helped her in any way. (The military did make him come back from overseas) I realize this is in two different countries, but this is real indigenous crime. Not a made up one.

“….During the news , Huisman said while the missing person investigation is winding down, a criminal investigation is in its early stages.

"Our investigators have been advised by the US authorities that they are confident that Dawn Walker will be further detained in the United States for the short term," Huisman said.

Huisman said Walker entered the U.S. at a southern Alberta border crossing. He said police are "looking into the possibility" that Walker may have received assistance from one ore more people.

"All I can tell you is that we follow the evidence trail and from the moment she was reported missing we started with a missing persons search and then evidence led us to where we are today," Huisman said.

"Evidence speaks for itself."…

…When asked about the cost of the search, Huisman said police don't yet have a tally.

"But I can tell you it will be significant," He said.

While responding to another question from a reporter, Huisman confirmed Walker had previously made domestic violence allegations which were "thoroughly investigated."

"No charges resulted as a result of those investigations," Huisman said.”
I think this clears up any question about domestic violence allegations. All complaints were "thoroughly investigated" and no charges were laid.

We have a thread on here, JoAnn Celia Hoof (Barajas) who was days old on 4/29/2022 and kidnapped by her father who was on leave from the military. Mom had custody. Mom is a Native American. Dad hid the newborn with somebody and returned to active duty. Neither the police, her tribe no our military have helped her in any way. (The military did make him come back from overseas) I realize this is in two different countries, but this is real indigenous crime. Not a made up one.
That’s awful. Wow.
I get wanting to support her but not at the expense of not having any accountability for her or even an explanation of why she did that.

She was arrested in the US, in Oregon.

So will she face charges of illegal entry in the US? Would there be any US charges of kidnapping pertinent to her, or would those all be Canadian?

Serious crimes. International charges.
She's facing parental abduction charges in Canada. She is also facing mischief charges for perpetrating a hoax - the staged scene implying drowning or kidnapping near the river.

USA charges, at this time, relate to using false passports for herself and the child. She is currently detained in the USA for those charges. I think there was a hearing today in Oregon, although I haven't found any info in Oregon news.

More charges are possible.

She will be extradited to Canada to face charges.

"Walker is in custody in the U.S. and was scheduled to appear in court there on Monday. Saskatoon police are consulting with the Crown in Saskatchewan to arrange for her future extradition to Canada, a police news release said.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has laid two charges. The first is a felony charge of making false statements in the use of a passport; the second is a misdemeanour charge of possessing an identification document knowing it was stolen or produced without lawful authority.

In Canada, she’s charged with public mischief and parental abduction in contravention of a custody order."

U.S. prosecutors filed a court document in Oregon on Monday arguing that Walker is a "flight risk and should be detained pending trial and her eventual extradition to Canada."

The prosecutors allege that Walker "kidnapped her child," faked her and her son's deaths, then fled to the U.S. as part of an "elaborate and well thought out plan."

"The defendant went to extreme efforts to steal identities for her and her son that allowed them to unlawfully enter the United States and hide; she hid and funnelled assets to accounts to fund her flight from the law," the document says.
1659994129314.jpeg
After Walker was arrested, agents 'found the defendant’s check list for how to stage her death and disappearance,' according to the court document. (United States Attorney District of Oregon)

The to-dos included dying her hair, packing the car, getting toys, throwing her phone into the water, ditching her car by the bridge, possibly buying a fishing rod, "find nearest border," covering a distinctive tattoo and other things, the document says.

Mobile users: View the document
(PDF KB)
(Text KB)

*eta: This is the only thing I can find that could be a possibility of this event coinciding with her staged media circus… a perceived or real slight by the Pope

Last edited:
Dawn has been charged in Canada as well.

As a result of investigation to date, the Saskatoon Police Service, in consultation with the Crown, has charged Dawn Marie Walker with the following Canadian offences; Abduction in Contravention of a Custody Order and Public Mischief. Additional charges are being considered as the criminal investigation progresses.

Just her friends supporting her or her family just as a human being but not what is happening… becoming a martyr for a cause.
I think she wanted to be the face of missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada - with fingers pointing directly at her son's father as having harmed her and their son. I was surprised at how quickly friends and her employer embraced the notion that Dawn was a victim of domestic violence.

This is one of the first links that was circulating when she abducted her son.

The Commute, by Dawn Dumont

It didn't sound authentic when I first read it, but apparently it made a big impression for some. It even comes with a "Trigger warning: This text is about domestic violence." The story is about a woman who seems upset that someone is flashing their lights behind her and a blue truck that is similar to a former partner. It gives the impression that Dawn was being stalked by her "abusive ex", but today we know that her ex was happily married with a toddler.

U.S. prosecutors filed a court document in Oregon on Monday arguing that Walker is a "flight risk and should be detained pending trial and her eventual extradition to Canada."

The prosecutors allege that Walker "kidnapped her child," faked her and her son's deaths, then fled to the U.S. as part of an "elaborate and well thought out plan."

"The defendant went to extreme efforts to steal identities for her and her son that allowed them to unlawfully enter the United States and hide; she hid and funnelled assets to accounts to fund her flight from the law," the document says.
View attachment 358470
After Walker was arrested, agents 'found the defendant’s check list for how to stage her death and disappearance,' according to the court document. (United States Attorney District of Oregon)

The to-dos included dying her hair, packing the car, getting toys, throwing her phone into the water, ditching her car by the bridge, possibly buying a fishing rod, "find nearest border," covering a distinctive tattoo and other things, the document says.

(PDF KB)
(Text KB)

*eta: This is the only thing I can find that could be a possibility of this event coinciding with her staged media circus… a perceived or real slight by the Pope
Thank you! She is considered a flight risk, and is facing mandatory minimum 2 years prison for aggravated identity theft. I think she's going to miss the book award gala.

This court document, from your link, details her extreme deceit in terms of stealing identities, secret bank accounts, disguises, and faking her death.

View attachment 358470

(PDF KB)
(Text KB)

Wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back