Canadians starved Native children in the name of science

Hey great, lets use already segregated and marginalized groups of children that the gov. already wanted to assimilate anyway and perform experiments on them. Great idea! No problem at all, right? wow. JMO

Adults that had 1500 calories per day during WW2 and who lived off the land for generations are segregated and marginalized? Who is supposedly responsible ... the non-first nation people? Why would there be an expectation that someone else is supposed to fix the problem? Today, first nation people are just like every other Canadian. They have the same, or better, opportunities and rights as everyone else. It seems that there was an expectation that non-first nation people were supposed to fix problems in 1940 and today, a few generations later, that same attitude prevails. Why is that?

Do good white people? It seems that it's impossible for the "do good white people" to get it right.

"Manitoba's deputy premier, Eric Robinson [first nation], is under fire for using the phrase "do-good white people" in an email about a fundraiser for a women's shelter.

Robinson responded by saying, "On the surface it's not a very good idea and moreover exploits an already vulnerable group in society. It also further demonstrates the ignorance of do good white people without giving it a second thought."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...e-peopple-comment-osborne-house-manitoba.html

They weren't performing experiments on them, they were helping some people, but not others, and monitoring the results. This happens all the time today.

It would be different if they claimed to be giving food that was really sawdust as a placebo for example, but that is not what happened.

I don't think you know how medical testing works. YES, some adults agree to participate in blind studies where a control group is given a placebo; but the subjects must be adults and must agree that they may receive a placebo instead of medicine.

That is NOT what happened in this case.

What about medicine?

Is this not what "Obama care" attempted to do in the US, but was rejected by most Americans?

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!!

Are you high?

"Obama care" has nothing to do with this topic.

I don't think you know how medical testing works. YES, some adults agree to participate in blind studies where a control group is given a placebo; but the subjects must be adults and must agree that they may receive a placebo instead of medicine.

That is NOT what happened in this case.

I really doubt that those product testing laws were defined in 1942.

70 years ago, at the time of WW2 and when many people were on food rations, enriched flour contained nutrients that people did not get in their daily diet.

Hi everyone I am new the the US threads.... But about enriched food and such I have a good story. My neighbour and friend was born during the war ration days. She was not feeding well and the doctor prescribed beer which would stimulate her appetite to eat. She laughed that she was allowed beer during the war and she is still as thin as a rake.

But... There is no place for enriched food unless you are tube feed and even during this time the feed is so high in sugar that you must be tested for diabetes.

I really doubt that those product testing laws were defined in 1942.

Well, in the U.S., the Pure Food and Drug Act was passed in 1906, so I think the concepts existed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back