Car Hits London Pedestrians But Terror Not Suspected, 7 Oct 2017

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
Possible terrorist attack, using vehicle - breaking now--many injuries

Car ploughs into crowd outside Natural History Museum - many people injured

A CROWD of people have been injured after a car hit pedestrians outside the Natural History Museum in London.

BBC reporter at the scene said she was told by police the injuries were minor.

Police have closed the roads in the surrounding area.
The Victoria and Albert Museum and luxury shop Harrods are nearby.

"I could see was a car diagonally across the road, looking like it was going into one of the boulders on the side of the road, and I could see a crowd of people around what was clearly one or two people on the pavement,"

On twitter, the Metropolitan Police wrote: "We are aware of an incident in Exhibition Road, #South Kensington.
"A number of people have been injured #Exhibition Road #South Kensington.
"A man has been detained by police."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41538762

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/86...al-History-Museum-terror-fears-people-injured

_98218914_photo_-damohack.png

Thank you CARIIS. My first reaction is "I quit". SO incredibly sick of this crap keeping happening.

2 in the afternoon in front tourist place in the middle of a Sat

Thank you CARIIS. My first reaction is "I quit". SO incredibly sick of this crap keeping happening.

This sh#t is becoming like fads in our day I dont like Pac Man or whatever

Los Vegas here we go with Harvey Oswalds all over the place .

This Mo IMO presents huge and somewhat different problems

One get on the fourth floor and could shoot ahead to the left and to right dispersing first responders --the implications are tragic, repulsive and can be scary.

This technique I think is going to take off and is very appealing to mass shooters

moo

Just imagine internationally the cost of the crap

I am hoping this is an accident but in light of the climate may be scary

Natural History Museum crash: Moment man is detained after car ploughs into crowd

Police said the man had been detained after a car drove into a crowd of people outside the Natural History Museum.

A photo shared on social media shows a man being restrained by four people. Debris can be seen in the foreground with a damaged black car in the background.

A Met Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1421 on Saturday, 7 October to reports of a collision in Exhibition Road, South Kensington.

“It is believed that a number of pedestrians have been injured.

“Officers are on scene, and the London Ambulance Service have been called.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/86...rrest-south-kensington-exhibition-road-london

But then again - really - how many car accidents end up hitting pedestrians

Now I am wondering if I am stupid --this isn t 1930 car manufacturers have pretty much taken car of steering rods breaking or something.

But I suppose drinking or medical could be better

SKy news is using term "mounted"

5th one

This sounds awful but why is everyone going after Britain-- I would think we are more like on the wanted list for lack of a better term

In these I do not understand how it takes some time to distinguish between on purpose or accident

It is confusing cause the road is not marked for lanes so it is hard to tell !!

OK I just saw a pic it does look like it might be a car accident thankfully moo moo moo

heart attack maybe??

sky news still pic that makes it look like an accident

I'm thinking this is more likely a drunk driver. But who knows

At least the man doesn’t seem to have been shouting a well known terrorist phrase whilst being held down. Thank you fo starting a thread CARIIS I tried to upload a photo of th car but it won’t let me.

I'm thinking this is more likely a drunk driver. But who knows

Never thought I'd see the day that my thought when reading this would be "That would be great if that's all it is".

(Disclaimer, obviously there's nothing 'great' about it because regardless of the reason, people still got hurt, but I hope y'all know what I mean).

54FFA890-5EEA-4E2D-83B5-36280009D0C7.jpeg

839C1E3E-D598-4D08-A7A9-61591254746C.jpeg

Several people have been injured after a car mounted the pavement and mowed down pedestrians outside the Natural History Museum in London this afternoon.

A man was pinned down by security guards and arrested by police in the heart of the capital's museum land in Kensington.

Hundreds of terrified tourists fled the scene as the black Toyota careered into a sign before ultimately crashing into a crowd of as many as 10 people as it hit a silver car, according to witnesses.

Dramatic pictures taken at the scene show guards holding down a man covered in blood with rubble strewn across the road.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-Natural-History-Museum.html#ixzz4upoG2ceM

Never thought I'd see the day that my thought when reading this would be "That would be great if that's all it is".

(Disclaimer, obviously there's nothing 'great' about it because regardless of the reason, people still got hurt, but I hope y'all know what I mean).

Don’t worry I feel the same way. I just hope nobody has been critically injured and they all recover from the ordeal.

I just read they are not treating it as a terror attack at this stage

This is just all too much!!! Please just be an accident with no intent! World is still reeling from Vegas! it is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. So much to be thankful for. So much to mourn! Stay safe everyone.

I just read they are not treating it as a terror attack at this stage

Sky News is reporting that Counter-terrorism police are still assessing the incident. Hopefully we will know more soon one way or the other.

If not medical that has to be pretty drunk to get your car like that

Another witness, Maxim, told Sky News the man was taken out of the car before being held down.

“They took a man on the ground, they took the man from the car and put him on the ground and then 20 minutes later evacuated the street,” he said. “There was a lot of police, I saw people running, people were panicking.”

Another witness told the Press Association: “We were walking near the Science Museum and heard a bang, bang … at first I thought it was gunfire. Then we walked past the scene of the accident and saw a guy pinned down by other men and lots of people calling the police.

“There didn’t appear to be many people hurt – a few sat by the side of the road but more looking shaken than anything. We were then ushered into the Science Museum and the area was quickly cleared of pedestrians.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/07/car-hits-pedestrians-outside-natural-history-museum

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back