Caring Indian marries his grandmother

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 25-year-old Indian man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wants to take care of her.

"I felt she needed extra care as she is old. I can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson," Narayan Biswassaid.

"As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is "happy" with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 150 kilometres west of Calcutta.

Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

"I helped bring him up with my own hands and now he looks after me. He is a good husband and ensures I get my meals on time," said Premodas Biswas, a red vermilion streak on her forehead, the mark of a married Hindu woman.

Local officials say marrying a blood relation is illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, but they have no plans to take action against the couple

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1069951.htm

Anyone else find this REALLY weird? What other husband duites does this guy perform? Why do they have to be married in order for him to take care of her? Is this a cultural thing?

Mabel said:
How on earth did he propose?

"Grandma, honey, will you marry me?"

LOL I wonder how the wedding night went?

Casshew said:

LOL I wonder how the wedding night went?

who knows, it may still be going on............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back