Cars singer Ric Ocasek cuts supermodel wife Paulina Porizkova out of will

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by anonypotomous, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

1. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Ouch.

Heartbreaking. Especially after the lovely posts, articles Paulina has posted lately.

“I have made no provision for my wife Paulina Porizkova (“Paulina”) as we are in the process of divorcing,” the new-wave icon wrote in his last wishes.

“Even if I should die before our divorce is final … Paulina is not entitled to any elective share … because she has abandoned me.”

The document indicates that Ocasek signed the will on Aug. 28, less than a month before his death.

** https://pagesix.com/2019/11/07/cars...upermodel-wife-paulina-porizkova-out-of-will/

Paulina's recent posts:
    - Paulina Porizkova on Instagram: “Ric and I have been separated for nearly three years now. But we still lived together and still filled the family car. Everyone who knew…”

- Paulina Porizkova Remembers Ric Ocasek’s ‘Incredible Gentleness’

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

wow that's rough
    28 years she gave him

3. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

I had a feeling something was up. JMO, his health was poor and she moved out 2 yrs ago. Technically, that's abandonment. Had they gotten a divorce, she probably would have gotten assets, alimony, etc. He probably didn't anticipate dying before the divorce was settled. I doubt he planned to leave her with nothing.

I was also suspicious of her story of finding his body and not calling 911 for several hours so that his sons could be with him in peace. Who does that for several hours, when decomp would be setting in? JMO, they were cleaning out his home, taking anything of value. All JMO.

Sounds like she was living separately in a relationship with someone else for 3 years while having Ric still pay all the bills.

Cars singer Ric Ocasek cut his wife Paulina Porzikova out of his will claiming 'she abandoned me's' | Daily Mail Online

ETA: Sorry this sounds so cynical, but I picked up an odd vibe when reading her comments in interviews after his death.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM
  4. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Hi Betty!

I'm glad his was able to make this legally known before he died. Many don't have such chance, and then pass away.

Does LE find he's death suspicious? Tia!

It reminds me of a horrific murder case I just saw this week on one of the true crime channels. I'm sure it was most likely a rerun that I hadn't seen.

Anyway the victim who was a sucessful millionaire was divorcing his wife of many years.

He hired a divorce lawyer, and mistakenly the divorce attorney sent a rough draft to HER email address instead of his. ;( She had no idea before then he was filing papers to start the divorce proceedings. Iirc they were living apart. She may have had a lover, but she never worked yet was racking up a tremendous amount of debt he had to pay for which were highly unnecessary to live her own lavish lifestyle.

Anyway unbeknown to his attorney or her soon to be exhusband when she found out through the misdirected email, she then came, and horrifically murdered him in cold blood. :(

Jmhoo

Betty P likes this.
  5. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Yikes!

No, I don't think there was anything suspicious about his death. JMO, Ric Ocasek died a natural death. It sounds like he had quite a few health problems with emphysema and heart disease, along with the unknown surgery he was recovering from.

My suspicions aren't that serious, but centered around him not having anyone watching over him post-surgery, or not as closely as he may have needed. That could be his own fault, maybe he wanted to be alone. But it was the timeline around the discovery of his death and the explanation for the long gap before they called 911. IIRC, in the Rolling Stone interview, she said she waited several hours after discovering him to call 911. She also mentioned calling lawyers, managers, etc. to get their advice on what to do. She said they told her to wait as long as possible to call 911, because then the media would be bothering them.

Add to that her admitting she was living elsewhere for a couple years and the divorce seemed to be dragging on, also for a couple of years maybe their relationship wasn't as close as it used to be.

All JMO.

She kind of hints she got to his place the next morning at 10:00 am, looked in and thought he was sleeping, did some chores, then went back in at 11:00 am to discover he was deceased. Coroner put his initial TOD at 4 pm, which is when EMS and police arrived and found him dead.

So, from 11 am til 4 pm, about 5 hrs., she waited in the house with the deceased Ric. Just kind of unusual, especially since he died the night before.

Paulina Porizkova Remembers Ric Ocasek’s ‘Incredible Gentleness’

He probably provided for all his kids, probably had a trust fund, etc.

My suspicions were raised because I've heard of similar things happening after other rock stars passed. There were rumors of it after Prince died - IIRC there was an appearance of a delay in reporting his death. Sometimes family or managers/hangers on will go in to remove valuable musical instruments, memorabilia and original recordings and other possessions. It even happened with some of John Lennon's possessions, stolen by Yoko Ono's driver, among others:

Theft of John Lennon's possessions: Man to stand trial in Germany

That guy stole them from Yoko, but I'm searching for another story about one of John's employees at the time who also took some of his drawings, personal papers, etc.

Royal butler 'stole costly items from Diana after her death'

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM
    anonypotomous and oceanblueeyes like this.
  6. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member