CA's "shaking" in court....real or what?

A thread about the shaking seems appropriate, because it is a big departure from how CA's usually is. (If this thread should be in another location, please move).

I saw a lot of posts about the shaking (in the hearing on 5/2/2011), though I could not see the shaking clearly myself. I saw posts about people doubting the sincerity of the shaking and others positing that this has all really gotten to her, or that she realizes this is a runaway train now and CA can't single handedly hold back the locomotive.

Here's my question..do you think the shaking was "for real"...or do you think it was for the cameras?

So it's come to this: we are now discussing the condition of shaking. LOL

I do believe it was real. There was no jury present so I don't think CA had a need to "fake a shake" without an audience that counts.
It may seem unkind of me, but I hope it was real. She needs to start taking stock of her behavior and ICA's behavior the past three years. jmo

So it's come to this: we are now discussing the condition of shaking. LOL

I do believe it was real. There was no jury present so I don't think CA had a need to "fake a shake" without an audience that counts.
It may seem unkind of me, but I hope it was real. She needs to start taking stock of her behavior and ICA's behavior the past three years. jmo

When reality starts to set in, it sometimes rocks the boat. jmo

I remember only once in my life having a similar experience. It was before there was GPS and I got lost driving, ending up in a very unfamilar area. I pulled up to a gas station to ask the attendent to help me find the nearest highway. During that conversation, I couldn't control my left leg, it was shaking like crazy. I had to sit another 10 minutes or so in the car in order to calm down and wait for the shaking to stop.

I don't know what happened to Cindy. But in my case, it was fear, I was very afraid.

To me...I see her shaking/trembling.
Not only her head but also the top of her left arm/shoulder..I see twitching
..but I also noticed the trembling stopped around the time she put her head down

Now I don't remember but I don't think I have ever noticed Cindy shaking or trembling on the witness stand.

Absolutely; it is pretty hard not to see. George looks awful also. After his testimony at the past hearings, he looked horrendous and muttered to himself constantly.

When the trial starts and the witnesses start taking the stand; e.g. Brittany, a neighbor, who said Lee was upset because KC was giving him bogus phone numbers and Cindy had come by to tell her KC was coming into the house while she was supposed to be away and stealing money and taking clothes. This is just one of many that the jury will hear.

It is always much worse than what the world knows about. What went on behind the scenes in that family as to lying and stealing is just about as bad as it gets.

It is going to be very hard for Cindy and George as their former lawyer Brad said 'when the truth comes out, it will be very hard for them".

For more than 2+ years Cindy and George have tried to convince the world that they were a normal, typical family. They've said that Casey was a "wonderful mother" and "the mother of the year."

They've seen the pictures of Casey dancing and having the time of her life at Fusion and tried to tell everyone that those pictures were old, from two years prior.

They've tried to tell the world that Caylee was a missing, kidnapped, child, not a murdered child. They've tried to blame her kidnapping on first a non-existent nanny, and when that didn't fly, on Casey's friends. It's been an "anyone but Casey" scenario.

At every turn, they've tried to steer the investigation away from Casey, to the point of having sightings of Caylee in Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California.

They've insulted and rudely dismissed Tim Miller of TES, a man who is widely respected for his devotion to searching for missing people.

Now, in two weeks, this trial will force them to confront the lies they've told as the truth comes out. It will come from a host of witnesses. Among those witnesses will be neighbors, former friends of Casey, and professionals. Neither George or Cindy will be able hold back the truth. Everything they've said will be exposed for what it is. And in the end, it's more than likely that their daughter will be convicted of first degree murder.

I think anyone in their position would be trembling with anxiety about what is about to happen.

Cindy looks BAD to me - like, in need of medical attention bad. The trembling was obvious, and highlighted by her dangling earrings. And what in the world was she wearing? It looked like an old top of Casey's over a sweatshirt! I can see why she was granted disability - no one could look at this woman and think she could hold a job. And no matter what role she played in this, nothing she did was bad enough to cause what has happened. I truly feel compassion for this woman who has lost it all. This takes nothing away from my outrage over what happened to little Caylee. Eventually it all goes back to the choices one person and one person alone made - Casey Anthony.

I'm sorry but I must disagree with you, especially with the bolded part above. Cindy and George both knew what the smell in that car was from the first instant that it hit their noses. They both decided that it was better for Casey and themselves to take the car home and then to begin cleaning it. They had no idea who had either died or been killed and then placed in the trunk of Casey's car and apparently neither cared about that person or that person's family. They covered for Casey. They tried to let Casey explain. I feel positive that if Casey had been able to produce Caylee to Cindy that the police would have never been notified, that the person who had been in the trunk of the Casey's car would have never had justice. If Cindy is now having problems with her health (mental or physical) she has brought it on herself. There is no pity or sympathy for any of the "main players" in this case from me. There is pity and sympathy for their victim, lovely little and innocent Caylee Marie Anthony. Let Cindy shake in court. Let Casey cry in court. Let them all get everything they deserve and then some. Let justice finally be delivered!

MOO

I agree with you LiveLaughLuv - she does know what she has contributed to this media frenzy - and I think that is part of why she is shaking now. She tried everything she could to save her daughter, and now knows she in fact made it worse. Not only that, but she will have to re-watch everything she's done at the trial. No escape. CA has a lot of reasons to be very afraid.

Observing her in court I get the impression she does not "know" she did anything she can't justify. She does not accept blame for any of this. She refuted every statement made by the attorney. "Not my fault" attitude. She had presence of mind to respond to the judge when he asked her to get with her atty about contacting HHJP. She does carry mints and a type of aspirin gum in her purse. I've seen her take this in court. I did not see her shaking until I got home and saw it on tv. Might have been my viewpoint, but I saw all her mouthy responses and not any shaking in person. She was livid and I saw that.

Observing her in court I get the impression she does not "know" she did anything she can't justify. She does not accept blame for any of this. She refuted every statement made by the attorney. "Not my fault" attitude. She had presence of mind to respond to the judge when he asked her to get with her atty about contacting HHJP. She does carry mints and a type of aspirin gum in her purse. I've seen her take this in court. I did not see her shaking until I got home and saw it on tv. Might have been my viewpoint, but I saw all her mouthy responses and not any shaking in person. She was livid and I saw that.

And if you could see HHJP could see it. jmo

Thank you Amil for your 1st person reporting!!!:clap::clap::clap: From the screen caps I saw, I also thought it was anger she was expressing.

No, TorisMom, I agree with you 100% about her actions after the car was found. I meant that nothing Cindy supposedly "did" to Casey was bad enough to justify Casey killing that precious angel. I completely agree that everything Cindy has done after the fact to cover up, obfuscate, lie, muddy the waters, and confuse the investigation was wrong, wrong, wrong! I think it was just plain panic about possibly losing her daughter - but it was WRONG.

I tend to think the shaking is the result of anger (fury), contained. Just my :twocents:

Amil.
Thanks for you posting what you observe in the courtroom...It is appreciated.

I think there may be something legit to Cindy shaking. She is stressed beyond belief. Afraid that she won't be permitted into the courtroom ( squestered ) unless testifying. This gives her no control once again. I don't think Cindy thought it would go this far. Cindy has told Casey more then once " don't let them take my Joy away " ! I think she was telling Casey not to take this to the end of the hallway or they could take her Joy away!
Cindy may have developed an anxiety disorder or she may already have had one that's now getting worse. It was witnessed that Cindy put something in her mouth. Some people said a mint.....but maybe it was a rescue pill.
My daughter whom suffers from a anxiety disorder takes medication for it daily, but also has a rescue type pill she can take at the onset of an attack, if she has uncontrolled shaking, chest pains or difficulty breathing. Yes,
Cindy has made if difficult for people to know if things are an act or something serious. She may have health issues..........JMO

I think the divided opinions on this thread clearly show that Cindy is afflicted with a terminal dose of cry wolf. Though a victim of her daughter's actions, she has imo used the victim card too often and notably when it's convenient. Caylee is the true victim and she's still dead Cindy. So I cannot say one way or another if her momentary shaking was genuine or not. Would be interesting to re-visit this thread during the trial, cuz I fully expect Cindy to do what ever Baez asks of her............ and then some. And I believe she will play the depressed pill popper on the stand.........to the hilt.

MOO

Thank you for your comments Amil - and you know I am always a big fan of your court reports after each hearing.:blowkiss:

How far away from CA do you usually sit? It sounds like it is fairly close - do you get a choice to sit wherever you like or can you choose to sit on the side of the SA? Thx.
And IMO she does know what she's done - because she objects so strongly. To me that's a huge acknowledgment - all that denial.

Cindy is obviously hated on this website and I can understand why people feel such animosity, but she is going through a horrible time (and this is not going to go ove well I know it); her granddaughter is dead and her daughter more than likely killed her and she has to face that. No one knows how we would react in a situation like that.

We all believe we would do the right thing, but that is not always the case. I am just saying that there are valid reasons for disliking her and I have some myself, but there is also such a venimous attitude towards her that, imo, it takes away from the validity of it all at times.

She is suffering and this is just the beginning of it. What good does it do to be so venimous towards her; she is obviously in a bad way and it is going to get worse.

I don't think that she does. In fact someone that was in the courtroom yesterday posted that she mouthed the words "Excuse me" when the atty representing the media said something to the effect that the mother and father had injected them self into the media. I bet if you asked her how many times she had appeared willingly on TV or been interviewed for the paper it would be grossly understated. And certainly anything that she did do in now way contributed to this media frenzy in her opinion. Not CA.

Exactly what I have been thinking. She doesn't take responsibility for the frenzy she has caused. When this all first happened they family was putting on daily shows at their house. People started tuning in, just to see what THEY the GRANDPARENTS did that dayl No matter how many times the POLICE told them that the area the people were standing in, was public property.. the A's made big shows of trying to prove the Cops and everyone else wrong. Including attacking people. Anyone remember the Hammer scene.. Good Grief!

Then how they treated TES who came to help. Taking the donated water from the searchers, and claiming it for their own.?? WHO DOES THAT?

OH Yes CA caused alot of media attention. And that isn't including all the interviews.

Cindy is obviously hated on this website and I can understand why people feel such animosity, but she is going through a horrible time (and this is not going to go ove well I know it); her granddaughter is dead and her daughter more than likely killed her and she has to face that. No one knows how we would react in a situation like that.

We all believe we would do the right thing, but that is not always the case. I am just saying that there are valid reasons for disliking her and I have some myself, but there is also such a venimous attitude towards her that, imo, it takes away from the validity of it all at times.

She is suffering and this is just the beginning of it. What good does it do to be so venimous towards her; she is obviously in a bad way and it is going to get worse.

I hope she is in a bad way and I am glad for it. This is the Grandmother who cleaned out the car, trunk and clothes after her Grand-daughter had been missing 31 days and she herself acknowledged the car smelled like death...or a dead body....then she cleans the trunk out????? I hope she feels like complete and utter he77o for the rest of her life..at least she has life, her poor little grandchild does not.:banghead:

For me - CA's most venomous moment was when she told all of us to "get off your azzes and go look for my grandaughter" - and all the while she sat at home on her couch with her trusty hammer within reach.

But that's just my :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back