Case Against Darin?

I've only seen the one picture on the darlie site. It's those small, circled in red cuts. Why do you suppose they circled those? Maybe it's standard procedure for all I know. 2me it seems like a strange thing to do - like someone wanted to call attention to those particular cuts. Why?:confused:

accordn2me said:
I've only seen the one picture on the darlie site. It's those small, circled in red cuts. Why do you suppose they circled those? Maybe it's standard procedure for all I know. 2me it seems like a strange thing to do - like someone wanted to call attention to those particular cuts. Why?:confused:
Ok, from what I can tell, they circled those wounds to show they were a different type of wound. There is nothing said about a different knife used on Damon. On page 470 of your yet-to-be shipped book, the wounds are numbered in white, in the order they occured. The little circled ones are the first 3 stabs. If that is correct, then those little wounds are either hesitation wounds or just not struck hard enough. Did she have to up her nerve to stab Damon? If Devon had struggled with her, she might have been afraid to start with Damon. Those cuts would have awoken him, if they were the first 3, as Chris says. Perhaps this is where he said "Mommy". She always included Damon saying that in every story. Maybe because he really did say it.

"Now I see why they hired Mulder. They thought the public defenders were going to pursue a defense of her-husband-did-it."

Her public defenders were going to do no such thing. How could they? Darlie insisted from day one that her husband was not the intruder and she has stuck with that conviction to this day, eight years later. More importantly, there wasn't a shred of physical evidence to tie Darin to this crime.

Her family hired Mulder for a very simple reason. They knew Darlie was guilty, and they needed a top gun to defend her. Mulder is/was the top gun in Dallas.

"I think someone in another thread here mentioned that maybe one reason Dana didn't testify was that she knew the screen had been cut earlier."

Gosh, that's a tough one to figure out: "I THINK...SOMEONE...in ANOTHER THREAD here mentioned that MAYBE one reason....

That's a lot of wiggle room, lol! Could you divulge your source...or the thread? Just curious, if ya know what I mean ;)

accordn2me said:

What is on Darlie's website has no correlation to the testimony in her trial. If you've read Dr. Townsend-Parchman's testimony, I'm sure you'd agree. There were no circles near the wounds, on the wounds, or over the wounds.

"Now I see why they hired Mulder. They thought the public defenders were going to pursue a defense of her-husband-did-
it I didn't think that was true either Mary, but I was waiting for backup
Her public defenders were going to do no such thing. How could they? Darlie insisted from day one that her husband was not the intruder and she has stuck with that conviction to this day, eight years later. More importantly, there wasn't a shred of physical evidence to tie Darin to this crime.

Her family hired Mulder for a very simple reason. They knew Darlie was guilty, and they needed a top gun to defend her. Mulder is/was the top gun in Dallas.
I'd like to add that hiring Mulder showed they didn't have money problems.

"
I think someone in another thread here mentioned that maybe one reason Dana didn't testify was that she knew the screen had been cut earlier."
Gosh, that's a tough one to figure out: "I THINK...SOMEONE...in ANOTHER THREAD here mentioned that MAYBE one reason....
:laugh: Mary..Mary
That's a lot of wiggle room, lol! Could you divulge your source...or the thread? Just curious, if ya know what I mean ;)
[/QUOTE]

Mary456 said:
"Now I see why they hired Mulder. They thought the public defenders were going to pursue a defense of her-husband-did-it."

No? Gee, it must be more propaganda from the fordarlie site. No wonder I'm so confused. They keep misleading me and I just keep on fallin' for it.:doh:

At least I'll never fall for the "Mulder is/was the top gun in Dallas" fallacy.:hand:

AFFIDAVIT OF DOUGLAS H. PARKS

3. On June 28, 1996, I was appointed counsel for the defendant Darlie Lynn Routier in the case of Texas v. Routier, No. F-96-39973-J and A96-253 (Kerr County), in which Ms. Routier was alleged to have caused the death of her son, Damon Routier. I continued to serve in that capacity until the substitution of counsel on October 21, 1996.
4. It is my professional opinion - and was at the time that I represented Ms. Routier - that a zealous defense of Ms. Routier necessarily involves implicating her husband, Darin Eugene Routier, in the death of Damon. At the time I represented Ms. Routier, I fully intended to introduce evidence that would implicate Darin Routier at trial, such as, for example, a pair of Mr. Routier's undergarments stained with blood on the elastic waistband.

7. I communicated my concern orally to Mr. Mulder several weeks before his employment on October 21, 1996. I explained to Mr. Mulder that Darin Routier was a viable suspect in the murder of Damon and that Darlie Routier had not waived any conflict of interest between herself and her husband. Mr. Mulder indicated that he did not believe that Darin was involved in Damon's death, despite the fact that Mr. Mulder had not, at that time, had an opportunity to review the results of defense counsel's investigation.

http://justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/affidavits/affidavit-11.php

Mary456 said:

Lemme think....:rolleyes:, OK, I'll accuse Dani_T of making the comment, here on Websleuths, in one of those threads started by Robert St. James. But it just as well could have been Goody in one of the threads started by beesy.... Why you wanna know?

beesy said:
...On page 470 of your yet-to-be shipped book, the wounds are numbered in white, in the order they occured. The little circled ones are the first 3 stabs...
:eek: REALLY!? How do they know the order of the stabs? Man, what was I doing while they were developing that technology....:waitasec: I totally didn't know they could tell the order of the wounds. I would almost believe Mulder is/was the top gun defense lawyer in Dallas before I would think that a doctor, or a psychic even, could look at a dead person and tell the order of the wounds. That's AMAZING!

accordn2me said:
Autopsy says "evidence of treatment" but describes red circles on chest, not back... http://justicefordarlie.net/acrobat_files/DamonRoutier_autopsy.pdf

When I look at the picture of Damon, gallery 05, I see 4 red circles, among other things, on his back. What do you see?

My point is that it doesn't matter what procedures were done during the autopsy. Lots of things are done during an autopsy that we lay people aren't privy to.

What matters is the evidence presented at trial, and that consisted of numbers placed beside each of Damon's wounds on a photograph. That was done to help the jury identify each injury; no big deal, it's done every day in every courtroom in this country.

Btw, what's your point?

Do they know they order of Darlie's wounds too? Boy, that would answer a question or two....

beesy said:
it I'd like to add that hiring Mulder showed they didn't have money problems. [/color]
[/QUOTE]

Oooh, how right you are, Miss Beesy. I never thought of that. Yep, Darlie and Darin were all about "living large". Darin was caught in so many lies because he just couldn't get over his over-inflated ego, and the money he deserved.

Did you notice in his testimony how many times he said, "the money I deserved"? Like it was a divine right. What a loser.

accordn2me said:
:eek: REALLY!? How do they know the order of the stabs? Man, what was I doing while they were developing that technology....:waitasec: I totally didn't know they could tell the order of the wounds. I would almost believe Mulder is/was the top gun defense lawyer in Dallas before I would think that a doctor, or a psychic even, could look at a dead person and tell the order of the wounds. That's AMAZING!

Don't blame Beesy, because that's an easy mistake to make. I did the same thing with the xs in CWBs book and, boy, was I raked over the coals for that mistake!

The numbers by the wounds don't denote chronological order. The ME couldn't possibly determine which wound happened in which order. They were numbered for identification purposes only, when the photos were presented to the jury.

Btw, what's you point?

P.S. Hey, beesy, I understand ya, darlin! You get back to basics. That's where it all begins and ends, right?

accordn2me said:
Lemme think....:rolleyes:, OK, I'll accuse Dani_T of making the comment, here on Websleuths, in one of those threads started by Robert St. James. But it just as well could have been Goody in one of the threads started by beesy.... Why you wanna know?

Well, I'll tell ya why I wanna know :) You said, "I think someone in another thread here mentioned that maybe one reason Dana didn't testify was that she knew the screen had been cut earlier."

You suggested that Dani or Goody made those comments. Well, let me tell you, ACME, those two women know this case like the back of their hands. They would never make such a comment about Dana.

It sounds like something made up out of thin air! To be fair, why don't you ask Dani or Goody if they made that comment?

accordn2me said:
Do they know they order of Darlie's wounds too? Boy, that would answer a question or two....

How could they determine the order of Darlie's wounds when they couldn't determine the order of the boys' wounds? Or the order of any other knifing victim's wounds, for that matter.

Is she a special babe, deserving of more medical expertise than her little boys?

Mary456 said:
Well, I'll tell ya why I wanna know :) You said, "I think someone in another thread here mentioned that maybe one reason Dana didn't testify was that she knew the screen had been cut earlier."
And my point was: it's very possible that the screen was cut earlier and had nothing at all to do with the murders.

Mary456 said:
You suggested that Dani or Goody made those comments. Well, let me tell you, ACME, those two women know this case like the back of their hands. They would never make such a comment about Dana.
Why not? What's so bad about saying that? Someone wrote it. I don't remember who. It doesn't matter. If you want to know so badly, no matter how irrelevant it is, look it up.

Mary456 said:
It sounds like something made up out of thin air! To be fair, why don't you ask Dani or Goody if they made that comment?
Yeah...you saw how I made that up about Darlie's appointed attorney's defense strategy was to implicate Darin. It just gives me a charge to do stuff like that. :bang:

Mary456 said:
Oooh, how right you are, Miss Beesy. I never thought of that. Yep, Darlie and Darin were all about "living large". Darin was caught in so many lies because he just couldn't get over his over-inflated ego, and the money he deserved.

Did you notice in his testimony how many times he said, "the money I deserved"? Like it was a divine right. What a loser.
OH, so they didn't have money problems. Gosh, I wonder why they killed the boys. :waitasec:

accordn2me said:

Not me.

I do think Dana not testifying was mighty odd though and can only suspect the reason the defense did not put her on the stand was because she would incriminate Darlie. Don't know why the State didn't call her.

accordn2me said:
Why not? What's so bad about saying that? Someone wrote it. I don't remember who. It doesn't matter. If you want to know so badly, no matter how irrelevant it is, look it up.

I didn't accuse Dani or Goody of making that comment. You did. So please don't tell me to look it up. That is your responsibility if you want to be taken seriously.

Otherwise, people might think you're making things up. You're not making things up, are you?

Mary456 said:
I didn't accuse Dani or Goody of making that comment. You did. So please don't tell me to look it up. That is your responsibility if you want to be taken seriously.

Otherwise, people might think you're making things up. You're not making things up, are you?
Dani_T said:
It depends if they had a chance to scream or not. They were both supposedly asleep when they were attacked and so it may have been a fairly silent attack.

Highly doubtful that the screen cut had nothing to do with it. In fact impossible to believe considering it was the entry and exit point. No way did an intruder just happen to stumble across a cut screen.

But, yes she could have cut the screen earlier. I think her sister Dana said she had left the window open that day so presumably she would have noticed a cut screen on the window at that point but it could be that
a) Darlie cut it later that night and before the attacks
b) Dana DID notice the cut screen and maybe that is why she has never testified? Pure speculation and unlikely... but...
http://websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=620803

Are you happy now?

accordn2me said:
OH, so they didn't have money problems. Gosh, I wonder why they killed the boys. :waitasec:

They had big money problems, but you already know that. Slip, slide, two-step, ignore, blame, convolute...

Come on, baby, let's do the twist...and DON'T step on my blue suede shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back