Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting becuz their were some anniversaries in the LISK case. Wasnt shannan found on the same day as the first body was discovered but exactly a year or two later? nd that was cuz of a tip called in

I would disagree, I think given another choice the women involved in this case would have loved to have had another option than to prostitute themselves.

If you recall on the A&E Documentary Amber was heavily involved her heroin addiction; Melissa was having financial troubles and turned to it as a means of making money quickly and Maureen was involved within prostitution again because of the eviction notice on her house again along with other financial troubles.

Shannon Gilbert's partner was reported to have struck her so hard that she had to have a metal plate in her jaw - she was a victim/survivor of domestic violence.

The Swedish/Nordic model has been the only legal for prostitution that has actually made a remarkable difference in terms of reducing the number of Johns, pimps and human traffickers (source x, x & x) I can also provide academic research that supports this assertion upon request.

Whoever the perpetrator is, he is using systematic and institutionalised disenfranchisement of prostituted women to his advantage.

Exactly, their motivation is usually money, not necessity. They are not survival sex workers, those are the women who would otherwise be living under a bridge because they literally have no capacity to earn a living otherwise.

I would disagree with you on the Swedish model. I know there are studies that claim a reduction initially, but there are equally well others that claim the opposite. It is now generally accepted that prostitution is on the increase there, but really it never went away, it just left the street and went indoors where it is less apparent. Now that people are actually looking at the indoor trade, it is "increasing".

The only hard data that can generally be collected is on street prostitution, but at about the time the Swedish law was introduced that form of prostitution was on the wane and being replaced by indoor forms mediated through the internet and similar media. So, when researchers went out and counted prostitutes, and police picked people up on the streets, the numbers appeared to be decreasing. They then attributed this to the law. But the same process was happening in other countries that had a wide range of different laws, so this process was no driven by the law.

I would say that there are a lot more prostitutes active today, and they come from socio-economic strata much higher, than there were 20 years ago, simply because the ease of communication in the modern world makes it much easier to do those sorts of activities discretely.

20 years ago it was primarily an impoverished blue collar woman's activity, and much of the attitude of todays society regarding it, and the approach to dealing with it, is based on that view. But things have changed, and now days it is predominantly lower middle class women who do it. The same demographic changes are taking place in many other adult entertainment industries, such as *advertiser censored*, where the participants are much more mainstream than was the case a few decades ago.

Mod Note:
Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the private message system via comments such as “check your pms” or “pm me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't drop hints, or post on the board, that you know something or are privy to inside information, but you won't or can't post it.

If you can't post it, don't.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

i wonder if any of the known players, primarily foreigner's poi, can be tied to being in NJ at the time the 2 newest girls were discovered in egg harbor..? one went missing in October(yikes, almost or is anniversary-like of the original case)....copycat or real thing>?...it was rumored one of the girls had a facebook page that there was some odd post-missing date postings on....and it cant be a coincidence that one of the girls was found valentine's morning...all very disturbing

i wonder if any of the known players, primarily foreigner's poi, can be tied to being in NJ at the time the 2 newest girls were discovered in egg harbor..? one went missing in October(yikes, almost or is anniversary-like of the original case)....copycat or real thing>?...it was rumored one of the girls had a facebook page that there was some odd post-missing date postings on....and it cant be a coincidence that one of the girls was found valentine's morning...all very disturbing

I have no ifo that my POI was in Atlantic City at the time of the two new AC cases, however he has very close family living there, family which he do social with.

I'm thinking...the killer lived in NJ in 2006 so he had a place to keep the four women if they were all dumped together.

I'm adding this here because I found it intriguing. One witness came forward to say that the victim lived on Long Island. Also interesting is the fact that one hand had red nail polish on the nails, while the other was unpainted. Didn't we have a pair of legs that washed up on fire island with the toes of only one foot painted with red nail polish (or am I not recalling that correctly?)?. Anyway...interesting read.

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2012/08/02/identifying-princess-doe/

I'm very curious to see what they release on this find. On the road heading to the Fire Island Ferry. Hmm...

Pretty crazy hopefully LE will finally do something about it. How many people have to be killed before they take action?

This news reports states only legs were found..
Can anywhere pinpoint where this vacant lot is where they found this body? I searched all up and down maple looking for a vacant lot and I've been unsuccessful. TIA!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...nd-Parking-Lot-Police-Homicide-266228531.html

I'm reading that article as stating that a more complete body was found with "legs partly cut off."

If legs (and only legs) had been found, they would've been more than "partly" cut off.

It's going to take a while for news about the remains to come out. I'm interested in finding out how long they've been there. Not knowing the area too well, I'd guess they were recently dumped there. Both that article and PickleChris state that the area is close to the Fire Island ferry terminal. I'd wager there's quite a bit of foot traffic around there.

Inside source just told me they plan to release info to press this evening. Take that with a grain of salt.

Is it all possible this was just a simple Hit and Run? Perhaps a drunken July 4th weekend reveler just returning from Fire Island via ferry plowed down this poor girl with a car? It could explain partially severed legs. Just north of there is a big bar area...

Yes, that article did make elaborate on the actual location. Thanks MimiZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member