Casey Anthony attorney: Judge Perry has 'clear bias'

CM needs to check himself. He was the one stating inaccuracies at that hearing. Many as a matter of fact. In his motion everything he has listed is according to Casey, CA or GA. Is that the bias he means? JP didn't believe their version of events? CM states ICA was never 10 feet away from an Officer. That is BS. Even Cindy said she was in her room for about an hour before Yuri got there.
BBM

I got a good hard chuckle out of that!

CM needs to check himself. He was the one stating inaccuracies at that hearing. Many as a matter of fact. In his motion everything he has listed is according to Casey, CA or GA. Is that the bias he means? JP didn't believe their version of events? CM states ICA was never 10 feet away from an Officer. That is BS. Even Cindy said she was in her room for about an hour before Yuri got there.

And if someone were under arrest as CM claims she may have felt to have been isn't it normal procedure to take them down to the police station and book them, not permit them to hang around the house, text her boyfriend, text her friends, delete everything off the laptop which if she were a suspect would indicate her destroying evidence. While that was not discussed in the hearing, we all know it happened. If you are under arrest they usually do not let you stay at home with 4 or 5 police officers to watch over you. The police were there to find a missing child which would require more than one officer and obviously KC believed them. So the presence of all those officers were not there because they needed to arrest KC, they were there because the call suddenly became a missing child. jmo

Wonder why CM did not save this for an appeal since he could have possibly over-turned a conviction and got another bite of that apple? A re-trial.

Now he is risking burning that option pre-trial and getting well and truly shot down. Just because ICA, CA and, GA are polished liars (allegedly) and need for their version to be the only one that is believed ... does not make it so.

Who do you trust?

It is a judgement call so do you trust LE who have no particular agenda since they have many other cases to work on or -- the A's who have already changed testimony under oath many times, don't like being held to being under oath and ... have a clear agenda to save ICA at any cost. Half-truths and mis-truths to CA are fair game.

GA admitted directly to HHJBP ... he would do anything. Anything.

I don't think the Judge will be at all "insulted" by Mason having written and filed this motion. I would think he expected it.

As for Mason, he better get a whole lot better in HIS research. Because I'd suspect HHJP not only expected this very motion, he likely could guess what arguements it would contain, and already has researched the case law to refute those arguements.

Another thing that CM claimed about KC. That she had no prior experience with police officers. Did not know what to expect never having been arrested before. So what do you call having a father as an ex-LE who has worked many years since in security? And what would you call the two police officers, boyfriends, she had plus the fact that it was reported in some of the depos that KC hung around the police academy while Jesse was attending. For 22 years old I'd say she had a lot of experience with police officers in different forms of rules of engagement.

I think she thought she was home free because her parents have never called her on anything. No one knew at that time that the information that was wiped clean off the laptop had any information that might be significant because the family was focused on finding Caylee. No one but KC would have a reason to wipe it clean.

From GA's testimony he clearly expected LE to help them out because of his prior service. He readily admits it. One of the guys. In that context KC, too, assumed her dad (because of his prior LE experience) could somehow get her out of trouble. She expected it because no one had ever pulled those reigns in on her before. She had managed to get to the age of 22 without getting arrested even though she was actively forging her mother's name on checks, using her credit card without permission and stealing money regularly from the home and from relatives. Never one called on it, just a hand slap and don't do it again. What a rap sheet she would have if each offense was a charge.

I do not believe she thought she was under arrest. When they took her picture at LE headquarters she thought she was home free. No one smiles like that when you feel you are under arrest. jmo

I'm with CM on this one, guys. HHJP has a clear bias.

Wait for it

Wait for it

.... a clear bias for the truth.

Interesting. From the OS article, Judge Perry is expected to rule in the morning.

"Court administration spokeswoman Karen Levey said she expects Perry to enter an order on the new motion early Friday."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ony-hearing-thursday-20110324,0,2758083.story

is entering an order the same thing as ruling? just wondered...

another part of the article I found interesting ((to paraphrase)) that the prosecution and the judge had no knowledge of this motion going into the afternoon portion of the frye hearing...

CM and the facts are strangers.

In one motion, he claimed that KC got the Bella Vita tattoo 2 weeks after Caylee was reported missing.

is entering an order the same thing as ruling? just wondered...

another part of the article I found interesting ((to paraphrase)) that the prosecution and the judge had no knowledge of this motion going into the afternoon portion of the frye hearing...

Yes, unless it's an order setting oral argument for the Motion (or rather "re-hearing" for this motion).

One thing is certain Mason sure has some cajones. Unbelievable.

One thing is certain Mason sure has some cajones. Unbelievable.

Although they have everything to gain and nothing to lose at this point.

Desperation is apparent. Desperate times need desperate measures.

Another thing that CM claimed about KC. That she had no prior experience with police officers. Did not know what to expect never having been arrested before. So what do you call having a father as an ex-LE who has worked many years since in security? And what would you call the two police officers, boyfriends, she had plus the fact that it was reported in some of the depos that KC hung around the police academy while Jesse was attending. For 22 years old I'd say she had a lot of experience with police officers in different forms of rules of engagement.

I think she thought she was home free because her parents have never called her on anything. No one knew at that time that the information that was wiped clean off the laptop had any information that might be significant because the family was focused on finding Caylee. No one but KC would have a reason to wipe it clean.

From GA's testimony he clearly expected LE to help them out because of his prior service. He readily admits it. One of the guys. In that context KC, too, assumed her dad (because of his prior LE experience) could somehow get her out of trouble. She expected it because no one had ever pulled those reigns in on her before. She had managed to get to the age of 22 without getting arrested even though she was actively forging her mother's name on checks, using her credit card without permission and stealing money regularly from the home and from relatives. Never one called on it, just a hand slap and don't do it again. What a rap sheet she would have if each offense was a charge.

I do not believe she thought she was under arrest. When they took her picture at LE headquarters she thought she was home free. No one smiles like that when you feel you are under arrest. jmo

BBM
Click to Enlarge
Just to compare the difference between the photo for the missing child poster to her three mugshots:

Attachments

• Casey1(1).jpg
    Casey1(1).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 129
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 133

You nailed it. Maybe CM should approach his arguments with truthful facts rather than taking a page from the GA, CA and Casey world.

I have a feeling that HHJP will put his foot down and say "sorry...but no dice". And rightly so.

I thought SS should do that at the time but looking back now- b/c his actions could have been construed as "questionable", I see that he had no choice and made the correct decision. As it turned out....better for Caylee Marie anyway as I think HHJP is the perfect fit for this case.

Hang in there HHJP....we are all pulling (and praying) for you.

:cow:

Although they have everything to gain and nothing to lose at this point.

Desperation is apparent. Desperate times need desperate measures.

True. They need that audio of the universal interview out in the worst way. Everytime I hear it I get chills up my spine. And I'm sure hearing Casey nonchalantly talking about her daughter who has been missing over a month will not win over any jurors. Trust me Casey's own words and demeanor will be her undoing.

Above BBM and edited by me for space.

Lambchop- this is such a great point, you should email this paragraph to the SA's office. And I'm serious.

:cow:

What would lead KC to believe she was in trouble after being unhandcuffed? Did LE put crime scene tape on her vehicle and remove it? No. Was she restricted from leaving from anything other than a witness in an investigation of a missing child. No. Her parents had removed the battery from the car so she could not drive it away. Did they keep her phone? No, they returned it to her. Was she made to sit in full view of detectives? No, she was permitted to go to her own room. Pretty much whatever YM said the A's agreed with. The one thing they did not agree with their testimony was not the same and unreliable.

The statement about Ofc. Fletcher questioning her in the back seat of the car was prior to Yuri's statement. She was not in handcuffs at that point and no one claims she was other than CM (oh, and maybe KC). But KC's on text message to TL says 10 minutes in handcuffs. We all heard CM in court and he was off on a lot of the facts that were in written reports and observations from KC's own parents.

The only 2 problem things I see in Judge Perry's order to deny supression of statements is:
Order Denying Defense Motion to Suppress Statements to Law Enforcement

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27242107/detail.html

Judge Perry says that LE was invited inside the A home by Casey. (this might be true to a certain extent)
He also seems to think the conference room at Universal was actually Casey's imaginary office. Maybe it's just worded to sound that way, but that's what I get out of it.
Regardless, suggesting that JBP is biased will not win any favors for Mason in the future. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back