Casey Anthony attorney: Judge Perry has 'clear bias'

Above BBM and edited by me for space.

Lambchop- this is such a great point, you should email this paragraph to the SA's office. And I'm serious.

:cow:

Oh, I think that was the point of LDB introducing it into evlidence. Clearly shows she was not concerned. JB said that maybe someone told her a joke. Well the last thing any reasonable person would be doing is laughing at a joke. They'd be looking like her actual mug shot for that night. jmo

True. They need that audio of the universal interview out in the worst way. Everytime I hear it I get chills up my spine. And I'm sure hearing Casey nonchalantly talking about her daughter who has been missing over a month will not win over any jurors. Trust me Casey's own words and demeanor will be her undoing.

My DD who has heard almost nothing about this case since 2008 heard me listening to that recording a couple days ago. She came into my room and said; "What little I know about this, that girl is TOAST!" Let's hope the jury hears the same thing.

The only 2 problem things I see in Judge Perry's order to deny supression of statements is:
Order Denying Defense Motion to Suppress Statements to Law Enforcement

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27242107/detail.html

Judge Perry says that LE was invited inside the A home by Casey. (this might be true to a certain extent)
He also seems to think the conference room at Universal was actually Casey's imaginary office. Maybe it's just worded to sound that way, but that's what I get out of it.
Regardless, suggesting that JBP is biased will not win any favors for Mason in the future. jmo

KC did give a statement over the phone to 911. No one twisted her arm to say what she said. To expect LE not to show up would be unrealistic so essentially she invited them in when she agreed to speak with them in her home. She could have asked to speak with them in the presence of an attorney at the police station if she thought she was in trouble for the 31 days. She did not do that. If she was not aware, her father certainly was.

"Because there are factual inaccuracies in the court's order which were relied upon in reaching its conclusion, the undersigned respectfully asks that the court grant an additional hearing in order to rule on the actual facts in evidence," defense attorney Cheney Mason wrote in one part of the motion.

In another part of the nine-page motion, involving whether Casey Anthony was in custody when she gave early statements to investigators, Mason wrote, "the court did not look at the evidence from the hearing objectively and instead displays a clear bias in explaining law enforcement conduct…"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-hearing-thursday-20110324,0,2758083.story?page=1

Uh, oh....how will HHJP handle this one?

I think somebody needs to be looking into a new career or possibly retirement. You don't accuse the Chief Justice of the 9th District of being biased without political ramifications and consequences. That's almost as bad as walking up to the bench, grabbing his gavel and whacking him over the head with it. Different method, same results.

And how do we know that Casey did not literally answer the door that evening and say "come on in!"? (I know, I know. No one has ever testified to that.) But still, it could have happened that way.

THUD!

Oh, I am sorry...that was just Little Bitty throwing something non-breakable against the wall.

HHJP happens to be one of the most experienced, by the book Judges I have ever heard or read about.

The Defense Team in this case has to be the most (Little Bitty must abide by TOS but let your imagination, not your keyboard go slumming for the most awful adjectives with visuals your mind will allow)...

My dad was a very well respected Pathologist for 30 years before he died. He graduated from the University of Texas and from Washington University Medical School in St. Louis. He served his internship at Johns Hopkins and his residency at Southwestern in Dallas.

He used to tell me about a local defense attorney who was very UNUSUAL (lol)...basically, when my dad would be subpoened in court to testify, this attorney would give the person delivering the summons a quarter and have him leave it on my dad's desk at the hospital when the person delivered the summons. Later in court, this UNUSAL attorney would then say, "Dr. Father of LittleBitty" is it true that you were paid for your testimony at court today?"

My dad always offered his testimony for free to the state. It was he believed a professional courtesy. He also would do things for people without money, like free autopsies, etc...

Anywho, once my father became hip to this stunt, he would chase the person down the hall and either hand or throw the quarter or money back at them...

He believed in truth and justice. Good doctors and Bad doctors. Good lawyers and Bad Lawyers. And I can assure you, if he were alive and had to testify in this case, JB and company would be running from the courtroom with their ears and their conscience and their souls bleeding. He would have run circles around their experts...and not to brag, had more education than a lot of the experts who are being called to testify in this courtroom...

HHJP will remain where he is. He has no other bias than a bias for the truth, the rule of law, and Justice. Unfortunately, the Defense is only on the side of their own bias, their interpretation of the law and their quest to avoid Justice for their client.

HHJP will prevail. And I do assure you, that while they will appeal her inevitable guilty conviction...no amount of smoke and mirrors will spare their client, appeal or no, new judge or no, because that higher court will not hear their appeals...nor grant their request for a hearing.

Wonder why CM did not save this for an appeal since he could have possibly over-turned a conviction and got another bite of that apple? A re-trial.

Now he is risking burning that option pre-trial and getting well and truly shot down. Just because ICA, CA and, GA are polished liars (allegedly) and need for their version to be the only one that is believed ... does not make it so.

Who do you trust?

It is a judgement call so do you trust LE who have no particular agenda since they have many other cases to work on or -- the A's who have already changed testimony under oath many times, don't like being held to being under oath and ... have a clear agenda to save ICA at any cost. Half-truths and mis-truths to CA are fair game.

GA admitted directly to HHJBP ... he would do anything. Anything.

I would put money on any player on the defence side of this case to do anything to twart justice in this case.

This is the way I see it. First of all I don't post here much mostly a lurker and enjoy everyone here and the hard work you do keeping us up to date while at work and unable to watch these hearings live.

Okay here goes. I believe that the DT is doing this to try and garner some sort of sympathy from the public, that they think people may believe that ICA is not getting a fair shake or whatever and will not convict her based on this. They know that the public and the possible jurors are all keeping up on this case therefore they are going to be full of "stunts" like this.

Remember all they need is for one juror to vote not guilty for this to be an not guilty verdict. AND ICA walks free.

As I have read many times from AZ lawyer in the other thread that this is not a "slam dunk case" for the prosecution at all.

Remember folks: Its not over till the fat lady sings.

BBM
Click to Enlarge
Just to compare the difference between the photo for the missing child poster to her three mugshots:

Casey looks sooo happy in the missing child pose. One would think she was living the beautiful life.

KC did give a statement over the phone to 911. No one twisted her arm to say what she said. To expect LE not to show up would be unrealistic so essentially she invited them in when she agreed to speak with them in her home. She could have asked to speak with them in the presence of an attorney at the police station if she thought she was in trouble for the 31 days. She did not do that. If she was not aware, her father certainly was.

Perhaps I should have said inaccuracies rather than problems. Very trivial and nit picky on Mason's part.

The only 2 problem things I see in Judge Perry's order to deny supression of statements is:
Order Denying Defense Motion to Suppress Statements to Law Enforcement

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27242107/detail.html

Judge Perry says that LE was invited inside the A home by Casey. (this might be true to a certain extent)

Judge Perry is assuming that Casey wanted help in finding her missing daughter. She even says on the 911 call that she did not ask for help previously because she was 'stupid enough to try and look on her own. '

So, imo, she did seek their help in that conversation with the dispatcher.

CM seems to be denying that she invited the police to come and help her find her child. Is Mason implying that she did NOT want to look for Caylee?

He also seems to think the conference room at Universal was actually Casey's imaginary office. Maybe it's just worded to sound that way, but that's what I get out of it.
Regardless, suggesting that JBP is biased will not win any favors for Mason in the future. jmo

Casey walked them down that long hall and told them she was taking them to her office. Once inside she admitted the was lying. So I see no problem with them looking for a private and quiet place for them to sit down and talk about the situation. There was a missing endangered child and the police were feeling the urgency at that point. They wanted to find out where this Zenaida person was and so they sat Casey down and tried to get the truth out of her.l I commend them.

This is the way I see it. First of all I don't post here much mostly a lurker and enjoy everyone here and the hard work you do keeping us up to date while at work and unable to watch these hearings live.

Okay here goes. I believe that the DT is doing this to try and garner some sort of sympathy from the public, that they think people may believe that ICA is not getting a fair shake or whatever and will not convict her based on this. They know that the public and the possible jurors are all keeping up on this case therefore they are going to be full of "stunts" like this.

Remember all they need is for one juror to vote not guilty for this to be an not guilty verdict. AND ICA walks free.

As I have read many times from AZ lawyer in the other thread that this is not a "slam dunk case" for the prosecution at all.

BBM

There's no such thing as a slam dunk case. The jury is always a wild card.

All my own opinions.

BBM

There's no such thing as a slam dunk case. The jury is always a wild card.

All my own opinions.

Exactly.. And my point being is I have heard many a websleuther on here state that they think this is already over and no matter what ICA will either get LWOP or the DP. Just trying to bring things back to earth a bit so to speak :seeya:

Judge Perry is assuming that Casey wanted help in finding her missing daughter. She even says on the 911 call that she did not ask for help previously because she was 'stupid enough to try and look on her own. '

So, imo, she did seek their help in that conversation with the dispatcher.

CM seems to be denying that she invited the police to come and help her find her child. Is Mason implying that she did NOT want to look for Caylee?

Casey walked them down that long hall and told them she was taking them to her office. Once inside she admitted the was lying. So I see no problem with them looking for a private and quiet place for them to sit down and talk about the situation. There was a missing endangered child and the police were feeling the urgency at that point. They wanted to find out where this Zenaida person was and so they sat Casey down and tried to get the truth out of her.l I commend them.

Yes ... while the focus at this time was very much Caylee is kidnapped and alive ... the Defense are trying to spin this that LE believed that Caylee was dead and ICA was being investigated for murder. Not so.

Hindsight is 20/20 and while there were suspicions that an accident may have occurred based on ICA's lies ... it wasn't until other facts came in ... such as the cadaver dogs, decomp, hair with death band, etc.

So the Defense are trying to walk that back to ICA was a suspect on Day 31 when it was Zenaida who was the named person of interest and LE were just trying to get ICA's cooperation -- since it was felt ICA was hiding Caylee from CA out of spite.

Since it's too late to edit, I need to clarify that I am in no way endorsing Mason's motion. I was just trying to see what he was claiming to be "inaccuracies". If anyone has been inaccurate about the chain of events in this case it is Cheney Mason. moo

Since it's too late to edit, I need to clarify that I am in no way endorsing Mason's motion. I was just trying to see what he was claiming to be "inaccuracies". If anyone has been inaccurate about the chain of events in this case it is Cheney Mason. moo

Basically, according to the DT, LE are liars. They tricked KC into making all of these statements...intimidated her...falsely incarcerated her...and CA, at the time was an agent of the state who forced her to lie to the 911 operator...

Essentially, ICA's lies are quick sand for the defense. They don't want any of what she said about ZFG, her fake job at Universal, her fake phone with all of the numbers on the sim card she had through Universal, that was lost/stolen and reported by ICA to Universal, the "friends" she told about Caylee's kidnapping who don't exist, ZFG's mother, and roomies and living places that don't exist...

HA HA...to defense attorneys everywhere...I feel your pain. NOT.

Isn't it very ironic that the defense wants a "do over"?

Ever since I joined WS in 2008, I have never seen or read of more people feeling they are "entitled". The Anthony's, Casey, Jose, now Cheney, etc. Why do these lawyers and the Anthony's feel so entitled? :banghead: The defense has made their bed, now lie in it!

Basically, according to the DT, LE are liars. They tricked KC into making all of these statements...intimidated her...falsely incarcerated her...and CA, at the time was an agent of the state who forced her to lie to the 911 operator...

Essentially, ICA's lies are quick sand for the defense. They don't want any of what she said about ZFG, her fake job at Universal, her fake phone with all of the numbers on the sim card she had through Universal, that was lost/stolen and reported by ICA to Universal, the "friends" she told about Caylee's kidnapping who don't exist, ZFG's mother, and roomies and living places that don't exist...

It is just a shame to the entire legal profession in general, and defense lawyers in particular, the travesty this DT is putting on. While I have faith in our legal system, I am wondering how they are getting away with this.

she's writing an alternate universe movie, that are so popular now. it's actually perfect for that. i have fun thinking about that cause it would be so wacky.

BBM First of all, welcome to the board. I do hope you keep posting and come out of lurking more often...

On that note, it does not take just one juror to vote not guilty for Casey to walk free. If the jury can not come to a decision, together, it would be a hung jury and Casey would get her wish of a mistrial. Casey would not go free though. A new trial would be heard by a new set of jurors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back