Casey Anthony attorneys: Throw out murder indictment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Anthony cannot formulate a defense:pinocchio: which is it? They can't formulate a defense, or we will all understand it come trial?:loser:

I think they are trying to say "Come trial, you will all understand why we have no defence for Ms. Anthony".

Man oh man, that is all I can say. On a side note, if I was JosE I would be trying to put a total seperation between the two cases. It appears that he co-mingles them together constantly. IMO he is shooting himself in the foot, not that I care but geesh... did he REALLY go to law school?

In a word, no at least in regards to the murder charges. They might get some of the felony forgery charges dismissed. But even that might be doubtful.

I would also like to add that this is a smart move by the defense regarding the forgery charges. They're trying to get as much thrown out so she doesn't become a multiple convicted felon. That will greatly harm her cause if/when she's convicted of the murder of her daughter.

While this is a murder case I'm citing, do you think this is a similar situation?

In Knoxville, the defendant was recently found guilty of 4 murder charges and sentenced to 4 death sentences. Number of people he is convicted of killing?

2!

MmmmmHmmmm....

"Can't possibly defend herself". LMAO. Ya, think???

What happened to all of that yak that the defense spewed about "it will become clear, blah, blah, blah, when KC the Killer has her turn to speak...."????

I think JB summed it up beautifully..."can't possibly defend herself".

Anyone willing to bet money, like I am, that a doc dump is fast approaching?

And since when did having your face duct taped not be a prime example of "cruel, cold or calculated" murder???

:twocents:

Could or would the SA still offer a plea deal? I wonder if the defense knows that all they have to present at trial is a case that will humiliate them...

This time, they allege that prosecutors and an Orange County grand jury put so little information in their indictment, she cannot possibly defend herself.

Two things to say about this:

1. The Grand Jury received all the information they needed to set the charges in the indictment.

2. The defense has the BEST information they are going to get. They have George, who testified before the grand jury and they have the perp hersellf. If they can't or won't give enough information to form a solid defense, well there isn't any.

3. (Okay, I lied when I said I had 2 things!) Baez & Co.: It's called DISCOVERY! You have even more facts at your disposal than the general public. You're going to have to figure it out for yourselves, that's what you get paid for.

This is true and supported by the State's ridiculous array of charges; i.e., murder one but not murder two, then aggravated child abuse and manslaughter. The prosecution's own set of charges reveals that they do not feel that they have the required highly reliable evidence to prove there was a murder, much less murder one.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Mine differs.

The fact that lesser included charges can be considered by the jury at trial has been documented in other threads here ad nauseum. I recall lin had found FL statutes that explained this in detail, so I don't think the absence of an explicit Murder 2 charge means as much as you think it does.

Wow. Just wow. I wonder just how tired Judge Strickland is of these clowns? I sincerely hope that he's as tired as we are.

JB, this is just for you: what happened to "we will all understand at trial"? Are you kidding me? Huge waste.

Biggest fear, other than the horrifying thought that tot mom could ever be found not guilty, is that she might get a guilty verdict overturned on appeal, due to the incompetency of these fools.

The defense has insisted they have evidence or information that will clear their client, however they have not presented this information or evidence when asking for the charges to be dropped, instead they want to acuse the prosecution of not having enough facts to take his client to trial, but all they have is information that leads to one person only, Casey. UNTIL she comes forward and tells the truth about who she left Caylee with or what happened and NOT the ZANNY story - the evidence shows that SHE KC was the last one to be with CAYLEE and who went on for a month pretending Caylee was still with her and in her care.

The Defense keeps saying that LE only looked at KC and no one else, but that is not true as they fully investigated the person KC said took Caylee - ZANNY - but found that along with other characters KC claimed to know - ZANNY did not exist. KC's own lies lead them to KC.

There is no way around this. The body was found feet from her home in a garbage bag with duct tape - even if the duct tape wasn't used over Caylee's mouth and just happen to end up there - the DUCT tape was still in there indicating that she was bound at some point in order to be killed.

This mother caused her baby to end up dead in that bag due to her child abuse and neglect and not seeking help immediately after she says her child was taken.

She clearly is guilty of child abuse (for at least not protecting her child or seeking help for her, for lying to LE and not telling the truth about what happened when Caylee left her hands alive and well)
and she is clearly responsible for Caylee's death as there was no one else responsible for Caylee and NO ONE else was pretending everything was a okay and lying about Caylee being alive and well. No one else had evidence of a dead caylee in their car, nor had the means and opportunity.

If JB and defense has evidence that can clear KC then reveal it and get her off, if not go to trial and stop making a fool out of yourself.

Wow. Just wow. I wonder just how tired Judge Strickland is of these clowns? I sincerely hope that he's as tired as we are.

JB, this is just for you: what happened to "we will all understand at trial"? Are you kidding me? Huge waste.

Biggest fear, other than the horrifying thought that tot mom could ever be found not guilty, is that she might get a guilty verdict overturned on appeal, due to the incompetency of these fools.

Could this be their plan?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm* LDB verbally "smacks" JB telling him his motion is "legally flawed"* and now the defense is attempting to "smack" back with their argument about the validity of the GJ Indictment.* Well then......

So, if I understand this right...

JB wants the charge thrown out, because there is in defense?

What a novel thought :loser:

how many times can they file for dismissal of charges??? this seems to be falling into some sort of pattern.....:waitasec:

BBM
Yes, it does.
IMO, the defense does not have the evidence to prove Casey is, as they have claimed, INNOCENT, but must resort to filing motions to have the case dismissed.
:waitasec: And here I thought Casey and her team couldn't wait to have their day and say in court.

:twocents:

**snort**

I just read the new motions. AL has had her class working overtime. She is most evidently a federal defender. Among other things, she is claiming that the death penalty in and of itself, because it calls for a death qualified jury, prejudices "Miss Anthony's" right to due process. Yeaaah, go with that one AL.

Also, re the check fraud charges...I think she is saying that one charge is enough, three is too many. In otherwords, if you rob 3 banks, you should only be charged with 1 crime.....Ooookay

And poor, poor "Miss Anthony" has been unjustly targeted by the prosecution. They are just soooo mean to her.....

Ok, I am having a fantasy moment, indulge me...:crazy:

If KC takes the stand, breaks down (as if) and confesses to murder, does the trial just stop then?

I can dream, can't I? :innocent:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm* LDB verbally "smacks" JB telling him his motion is "legally flawed"* and now the defense is attempting to "smack" back with their argument about the validity of the GJ Indictment.* Well then......

It is almost like two kids saying to each other "You are stupid!" - " No you are" - "No you are" -

such a waste of time.

If the defense has no defense, then it's time to give up the ship as it's already sunk too low and is about to go under.............

This whole thing could end right now, with a confession from Casey, telling truthfully what happened and throwing herself on the mercy of the court.

But, unfortunately, the truth is not something any members of the Anthony family are prepared to tell. The truth is foreign to them, and Casey was raised to believe that lying isn't wrong, and lying to escape punishment is okay. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson