Casey Anthony Grand Jury Meeting Details Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. we have a defense attorney who thinks a GJ is a trial, and a bunch of people who think it's secret?

Sounds like no one knows what they are talking about, doesn't it?

I agree Angora sounds like more of A's or the Jose song and dance to me I wish someone would just have Cindy and Jose call 1-800-wawa !!!

We can hire a violin quartet for them. :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I understand what you were saying and I totally agree could be the leak came from in the A camp if it was at all a leak as I said Jose was on national tv last night discussing it but we all know he talks out his _____ and then wants to cry about it as I said earlier give him and Cindy a new phone number to call 1-800-wawa

LOL 1-800-wawa! Ok I appreciate that magiemay! :)

I hope some of you weren't thinking that I was trying to make a big deal out of the article? It just didn't make sense to me first when it mentioned neighbors, and secondly the source of this information I guess. I was just trying to understand why and who said this information about going to a GJ would be secret, wouldn't that be the rule for any case that may be like this? Maybe I'm not coming across right on what I am trying to say or ask...I apologize.

You came across just fine.

None of the reported complaints made sense to me, either, except that Baez was all wound up about it, which he usually is anyway.

I think the neighbors the article is referring to are a few who spoke to the media. Certainly not all the neighbors.

I don't know what the big deal is. All they said was the Grand Jury was scheduled for Tuesday and some witnesses will be called. They didn't give a blow by blow description of the evidence to be presented. Are they complaining that people were told the GJ would be held? That's stupid. We hear of that all the time. We just never know the details until after it's over.

I think somebody in the Anthony camp is mighty whiny.

Isn't this way Drew Peterson hasn't been arrested yet?

With Drew Peterson, the circumstances are different. It is almost certain that he will be indicted.

But, earlier this spring the Illinois state legislature was considering a bill that would allow hearsay testimony in a murder case, upon the discretion of the presiding judge. That bill passed and went to the governor's desk for signature in June. Someone on the governor's staff noticed that the bill didn't have a date of when the bill would become law. It went back to the state legislature to be re-written, with the date effective upon the governor's signature. That bill now must be voted upon again, since it's been re-written, and then back to the governor's desk. The state legislature is on recess now until after the November election. It's expected that this bill will be passed and signed into law in November when the legislature reconvenes.

An indictment will likely follow as soon as the bill is signed.

You came across just fine.

None of the reported complaints made sense to me, either, except that Baez was all wound up about it, which he usually is anyway.

I think the neighbors the article is referring to are a few who spoke to the media. Certainly not all the neighbors.

I don't know what the big deal is. All they said was the Grand Jury was scheduled for Tuesday and some witnesses will be called. They didn't give a blow by blow description of the evidence to be presented. Are they complaining that people were told the GJ would be held? That's stupid. We hear of that all the time. We just never know the details until after it's over.

I think somebody in the Anthony camp is mighty whiny.

Thank you ak!

<snipped>
Are they complaining that people were told the GJ would be held? That's stupid. We hear of that all the time. We just never know the details until after it's over.

It sure seems that way doesn't it? Seems like it could be another famous spin as others have said from JB and the Anthony camp. Casey can't get a fair trial. See they even know about the GJ!!!! I think we are not done yet hearing ALL of the whining JB is going to be doing in the future. blah.....

During the hearing on Friday, I thought I heard Judge S start to say GJ, then he appeared to catch himself. I asked at that time if he had a slip of the tongue. He went on to talk about possible up coming murder charges more then once.

Well who ever let the cat out of the bag, this complaint smells like JB, all over it.
I agree! What a great defence tactic - leak everything to the press in order to try to get mistrial?

The entire GJ process is very secretive in Florida and after the case is put through the GJ, the minutes will be sealed.
Witnesses, jurors, nobody is allowed to talk about what is going on in that room

905.27 Testimony not to be disclosed; exceptions.--

(1) A grand juror, state attorney, assistant state attorney, reporter, stenographer, interpreter, or any other person appearing before the grand jury shall not disclose the testimony of a witness examined before the grand jury or other evidence received by it except when required by a court to disclose the testimony for the purpose of:

Once the case gets further along, the statute of course will become moot, as will the exceptions which do not apply immediately.

Furthermore:

(2) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to publish, broadcast, disclose, divulge, or communicate to any other person, or knowingly to cause or permit to be published, broadcast, disclosed, divulged, or communicated to any other person, in any manner whatsoever, any testimony of a witness examined before the grand jury, or the content, gist, or import thereof, except when such testimony is or has been disclosed in a court proceeding....

jmho but we really shouldn't know what happens in there and it is a criminal offense for those folks to tell us on Tuesday...:gavel::)

I cannot stand JB at all,. This guy has no clue where is at and is as messed up in the head as Casey is. JMO

Also, as to whether or not they can tell us they have indicted:

905.26 Not to disclose finding of indictment.--Unless ordered by the court, a grand juror, reporter, stenographer, interpreter, or officer of the court shall not disclose that an indictment for a felony has been found against a person not in custody or under recognizance, except by issuing or executing process on the indictment, until the person has been arrested.

I probably should mention, these are Florida laws that I have posted. All that being said, how shocking is it this case is going to the GJ. We already knew it would be going. We just didn't know when. Oh well...:rolleyes:

Okay then I hope this stuff has helped out a bit.:):gavel:

I think George Anthony leaked it. He leaked it to the female reporter that broke the story. If you listen to her interviews on Nancy Grace--she has been speaking with George. Her own words were that the only person she could definatley confirmed to be testifying at GJ was George. And she said George was asked to clear his schedule. George has probably been talking to her cause she is hot!

I agree! What a great defence tactic - leak everything to the press in order to try to get mistrial?

The idea of mistrial is not a factor, as there is no criminal complaint for whatever will be going to the GJ.:) The GJ is not a trial, nor is it considered adversarial in nature.

It is considered investigative....:) :detective::gavel:

I think George Anthony leaked it. He leaked it to the female reporter that broke the story. If you listen to her interviews on Nancy Grace--she has been speaking with George. Her own words were that the only person she could definatley confirmed to be testifying at GJ was George. And she said George was asked to clear his schedule. George has probably been talking to her cause she is hot!

I agree with this. I remember the first time I heard about it the reporter said "several people have been instructed to clear their schedule for next Tuesday" GA and LA being the ones that were named. It sounds like it came from KCs family.

I served on a state grand jury and obviously had to inform my boss and employees that I would be out of the office every Friday for a 8 to 10 week period due to jury duty.

The GJ heard 4-5 cases each Friday. The only thing we were instructed not to share was what happened in the GJ room, what evidence was presented to the GJ, what witnesses appeared.

As for the number of indictments passed down during what turned out to be a 10-week GJ period, every single case we heard brought about a true bill (indictment). Not one case was dismissed. This is pretty reasonable considering we only heard and saw evidence presented by the prosecution. And the prosecution always presented strong cases and rock-solid evidence. How could we not indict?

So expect an indictment in the KC case, but do not expect to hear about the evidence or witnesses (although those people could probably be deduced by the media upon seeing who arrives at the courthouse). If you hear about the evidence, you're hearing a "leak."

ts

Thanks TS for clearing that up.

The idea of mistrial is not a factor, as there is no criminal complaint for whatever will be going to the GJ.:) The GJ is not a trial, nor is it considered adversarial in nature.

It is considered investigative....:) :detective::gavel:

As NG would say.....it's a "charging tool".

Baez has "dream team" aspirations. He hopes if he throws enough of a fit he can accomplish what OJ's defense was able to do in CA.

IMO

Also, as to whether or not they can tell us they have indicted:

905.26 Not to disclose finding of indictment.--Unless ordered by the court, a grand juror, reporter, stenographer, interpreter, or officer of the court shall not disclose that an indictment for a felony has been found against a person not in custody or under recognizance, except by issuing or executing process on the indictment, until the person has been arrested.

I probably should mention, these are Florida laws that I have posted. All that being said, how shocking is it this case is going to the GJ. We already knew it would be going. We just didn't know when. Oh well...:rolleyes:

Okay then I hope this stuff has helped out a bit.:):gavel:

I think it goes without saying that nothing that goes on within the grand jury session will be disclosed, and that includes the questions, testimony, and deliberations.

We also will not know that an indictment has been handed down until Casey is arrested.

This isnt the first time or case that the press has leaked a GJ case. It happens here in Indiana with high profile cases. I have sat on the GJ here on one such case.No one will know who the GJ are I can say that with certainty! And for those who think LE leak this thats a load of crap. Before you start pointing fingers why not point it at one of the ones who got called by the GJ. Im sure the A's are getting a kicker out of this one. One of the cases we did was leaked to the press by the accused family who was called by us.

That fact that a grand jury will hear a case is not secret. Just google "grand jury will hear". They can't divulge the proceedings or name the members of the grand jury.

Correct. It is not that they are seating one or that they are hearing a case, but who the jury members are is the only secret thing, unless it is a special Grand Jury which is called only for one case. Sometimes that happens particularly in Federal RICO cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4