Casey Anthony Relationship History

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I think she used sex to get what she wanted and ultimately she wanted someone to take her and Caylee in. She wanted out of the Anthony home but was not willing to do the work to get out by having a job, saving money, etc.

I get the feeling like she thought her looks and charms would be enough to entice anyone she had her claws in to take her and Caylee in. I think she was methodical in the men she chose, either their looks or future prospects. What she didn't expect was that not many 20-something males are so quick to make that kind of life altering decision. It was here where Casey realized how much of a "burden" having Caylee was.

She had love and acceptance from JG. The problem is JG obviously didn't have something Casey wanted. What that is, I have no idea. But something was missing there.

Bold by me: Just had a thought that her rejection of JG could be due to GA being in LE. She could have projected into the future that her life would follow that of CA with GA being a former LE.

I don't know if we let alone KC will figure it out. I know that for myself, I am on the outside looking in while she is on the inside looking out.

She had love and acceptance from JG. The problem is JG obviously didn't have something Casey wanted. What that is, I have no idea. But something was missing there.

snipped

What is missing from this seemingly ideal relationship - I honestly believe it was a money factor. KC realized Jesse could not provide the lifestyle she wanted. Her lies about the "nanny". I truly think she would have spared her daughter's life (*sorry, tearing up on this one*) had she met, say, a Jesse who was rich, had money to actually have a real life nanny and devoted his life to making KC happy.

I know she constantly had another in the wings, but I think it may be because she was afraid of being alone and not because of the excitement.

I think KC could not stand to be alone. The constant texting, almost always having a boyfriend and a backup, spending her days hanging out with friends, etc. I see this as a young woman whose self-worth she saw in the eyes of others and not from within herself.

Totally agree with these two sentiments. She was often the one that did the breaking up, but it was only because she couldn't risk being the one broken up with. This is another symptom of her issues with control, and it manifests itself in her inability to participate in an authentic relationship.

She only values herself as much as the current man in her life values her. She's emotionally immature and she'll do whatever it takes to try to keep them thinking very highly of her. This is evidenced in her inclination to completely change her entire persona (likes, dislikes, character traits, core values) with each subsequent man. It's almost impossible to maintain these relationships, because it's impossible to actually become the person that she's created for each passing scenario.

I think she wanted to, though; she wanted to have the real thing, and each time she created a new version of herself she did it with the intention of actually becoming that girl. I imagine her to be somewhat of a serial monogamist.

Of course, this could all be totally wrong. I don't think it is, though. I used to be exactly like that.

snipped

What is missing from this seemingly ideal relationship - I honestly believe it was a money factor. KC realized Jesse could not provide the lifestyle she wanted. Her lies about the "nanny". I truly think she would have spared her daughter's life (*sorry, tearing up on this one*) had she met, say, a Jesse who was rich, had money to actually have a real life nanny and devoted his life to making KC happy.

I didn't have the nerve to say it, but I have thought the same exact thing. :hug:

I think she used men. I can't remember whose interview it was but he said, "I felt like the girl," because Casey would come over to sleep with him and then get up and leave right after. She didn't want any of the emotional strings attached.

I think she used men. I can't remember whose interview it was but he said, "I felt like the guy," because Casey would come over to sleep with him and then get up and leave right after. She didn't want any of the emotional strings attached.

I agree. She used them as a means to an end, got bored and moved on. She kept another waiting in the wings because she grew bored quickly and was looking for and plotting the next thrill. She was incapable of emotional attachment.

I think she used men. I can't remember whose interview it was but he said, "I felt like the guy," because Casey would come over to sleep with him and then get up and leave right after. She didn't want any of the emotional strings attached.

I agree. It was Tony R. who said he "felt like the girl" in the relationship. She wasn't that into him since she had already figured he didn't have the money she was looking for. IMO if she did eventually find someone w/ money and who would take Caylee in and care for her, the relationship still wouldn't have lasted a long time b/c KC is a sociopath and can't commit to a long lasting relationships. She gets bored too easily and would have left him or cheated on him after a while.

ETA: Sorry Roze, didn't see your post.

OK, but moving on would mean that she was ending the relationships due to not being validated, right?

I'm starting to think it wasn't her choice to move on from these men - it seems through reading the various interviews and content available that the men were moving on, maybe not physically, but in their own ways - she broke up with them to HURT them, which may or may not have worked. I am not so sure it was out of boredom that she was fleeing from relationships.

Again only MO.

Not being validated- sound familar? Who else made her feel that way?

She left before they could, hurt them before they could hurt her, cheated before they could.. and always had someone else waiting so she didn't have to be alone. These are the ways she learned to cope with feeling invalid. ITA with your thought process here.

I agree. It was Tony R. who said he "felt like the girl" in the relationship. She wasn't that into him since she had already figured he didn't have the money she was looking for. IMO if she did eventually find someone w/ money and who would take Caylee in and care for her, the relationship still wouldn't have lasted a long time b/c KC is a sociopath and can't commit to a long lasting relationships. She gets bored too easily and would have left him or cheated on him after a while.

ETA: Sorry Roze, didn't see your post.

I am starting to rethink KC as a sociopath - although there may be many different patterns of a sociopath, kind of like cancer. Someone has cancer but there are different variances - lung, spleen, breast, etc.

KC had longer relationships and friendships than I ever did. Annie was her bf since high school. Jesse was still in her life, she constantly socialized with people from her past.

I think most of the relationships fell apart when people realized she was a liar - again, not falling apart by KC's choice, but falling apart because her friends and lovers (for lack of a better word) were "on to her".

KC wasn't moving on, those around her were moving on. EXCEPT for her parents. They put up with her and put up with her lies and deceit. Her mother constantly defended her to others and blamed others for their flaws -

Which is why I think KC had a love/hate relationship with both parents.

She still lived at home at 22 for God's sake.No job, no money except for what they gave her and what she stole. She was at the MERCY of her parents, and she despised that feeling. Without Caylee to worry about, she could be free to go from place to place as a drifter, not worried about where she would be staying every night when things got too rough at home.

She lied to make herself appear successful in other people's eyes and I HONESTLY believe she really did care what people (at least friends and potential men) thought of her.

She was disturbed by her mother's outburst when Jesse was there. Her mother made her feel worthless in front of the man she was seeing.

She could have told Tony R that she wasn't in any way going over for a booty call, but she didn't. She lied and blamed the nanny and her mom for why she couldn't come over.

Will W. - again, she could have just told him "I'm just not that into you." and let that be that - but she didn't - she made up bogus excuses.

Amy - could have told her she was lying about the house situation - but instead, she dragged it on and on giving excuse after excuse for why Amy couldn't move in.

And Tony L. - she shopped for him, cleaned for him, cooked for him, enjoyed playing little miss homnemaker for him - WHY? To keep him. Yes, I think she was desperate for love, attention, adoration and security. And sadly, Caylee did not fit into the lifestyle that KC craved so badly.

KC felt trapped in a life she did not feel was her own. She was stuck in a dead end. She was miserable, saddled down because there were times when she couldn't remain in her parents home without losing it, yet places that she could escape to, Caylee was not welcome.

And leaving without her daughter, leaving her daughter behind, was not an option that KC would consider - for she hated her parents hold on herself - they would turn her own DAUGHTER against her if they had that much influence.

There is an AIM chat b/w Casey and some guy named Iassen in the November document dump. She goes on and on about her opinions on love and how she would rather have her heart broken a thousand times than to never experience love. Whether or not she is just saying this and doesn't feel that way I'm not sure..

There is an AIM chat b/w Casey and some guy named Iassen in the November document dump. She goes on and on about her opinions on love and how she would rather have her heart broken a thousand times than to never experience love. Whether or not she is just saying this and doesn't feel that way I'm not sure..

GOOD ONE! I completely forgot about this one!!!!!!! *running over to cfnews to re-read it for clues*

Duh, I misquoted the guy. He said, "I felt like the girl." Sorry, folks.

I think her infatuation with TL was nothing more than being envious of his work and school life and wanting that same life for herself -- so she attached herself to him. JMO

I agree with you... and if you remember from her "diary".. she said she had met "good people" and I think it was through TL that she had met these people. I think he worked at "Fusion Lounge" and through him, she started hanging around there. She was using him for her social connections, IMO.

I remember being in my early 20's, single and partying. I remember that every single guy I met seemed to want to get a woman in bed as quickly as humanly possible.

...They are like that till the day they die, and I have personal experience with that.

I did not go that route, which was my choice, HOWEVER, I knew how to put the breaks on at the right time without going too far or getting in too deep.

My friends and I used to laugh about how young men had one thing and only one thing on their minds.

See above comment :p

Now this is all simply my own opinion about this part of KC's personality, but I am thinking that the thrill she got from the attention with men always seemed to lead to the bedroom -

She had a hard time saying no for fear of "losing" that attention.

What stresses this to me the most is that chat she had with Tony R.

Ohhhh, God. It is similar to chats I've had with men who wanted me to come over.

I TRULY believe she did not want to go and had no intention of going to Tony R.'s apartment, and was simply leading him on.

I sense almost an annoyance in her words about the fact that he kept pressuring her to come over. The lies about the nanny being delayed. I think she was completely not wanting to go.
...I assumed that, too, because there was no nanny, she was obviously using that as an excuse to blow him off.

I could be completely wrong. I am just posing this as an alternative insight into the warped brain she had. I have a loooong theory on how the relationships affected her and eventually held a key to the murder of her daughter.

It always makes me put at least one sentence outside the quote. Anyway, I think her jealousy over JG and Caylee and her mother and Caylee shows a pattern of behavior with her. How far would that jealousy make her go?

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I think she used sex to get what she wanted and ultimately she wanted someone to take her and Caylee in. She wanted out of the Anthony home but was not willing to do the work to get out by having a job, saving money, etc.

I get the feeling like she thought her looks and charms would be enough to entice anyone she had her claws in to take her and Caylee in. I think she was methodical in the men she chose, either their looks or future prospects. What she didn't expect was that not many 20-something males are so quick to make that kind of life altering decision. It was here where Casey realized how much of a "burden" having Caylee was.

I could be wrong but maybe J. wasn't experienced sexually, became boring since he wanted to be a family, his family expected big religious commitment, he wouldn't go against his dad to move into an apartment together before marriage, and Casey became old enough to go out drinking and found she liked partying. The excuse of him loving Caylee more may have been an excuse, making herself out yet again to be a victim. The stories also make it seem as if Jesse caught her cheating.

I may be waaaaaay off here but I believe rather than Casey being a player, Casey had her heart broken my many men, in various ways. I think she knew she was being used at times and she hardened herself but was unable to stop the "fantasizing" of living "happily ever after".

Take her convo texts with Amy, most likely referring to Ricardo - when she said she cannot stop crying.

Take her waaaay powerful anger per Tony and his roommate when he would joke about not being with her.

Take her outburst over Brandon regarding the "miscarriage", and the needy texts with Tony after she was arrested for the first time.

That she needed Tony's number and that was the sole purpose of her call to her family from jail.

Take the texts between her and the other Tony - read between the lines. Does this make sense?

Yes it makes sense, KC doesn't feel loved or lovable. But she knows she should be feeling 'something' she is constantly searching for just what that feeling is. Sex makes her feel, at least while she's in the act (thus Tony saying she left as soon as they were done, like a guy). I think this maybe why she was seeing so many guys at once, not that she was expecting them to love her, but she was craving the feeling she gets from sex like a junkie craves dope. Including the feeling of being empowered and in charge of the situation. Look at the IM's between KC and Tony, she lead him on the same way she lead Cindy on in July over seeing Caylee.

I don't quite believe KC was crying all day over RM. She was a never serious about him, but enough of her gf's have cried on her shoulder all day over lost love that she is posturing for Amy. At the same time she was supposedly crying all day over RM she was sharing IM's with Tony, seeing ToNY and staying in touch with Jesse and MH in Cailif. Wouldn't leave much time for tears!

Something happened between KC and Brandon early in 2007. They had been leaving messages for each other on MySpace and talking on the phone at night.(according to messages left for each other) To the point they were having a long distance relationship, they "got together" while he was home on leave, shortly after he went back to field duty he dropped her like a hot rock. She continued leaving messages for him spreading them out to the last one that said something to the effect of "talk to me once in a while, that's what friends do", again unanswered. Until the ABC party (5/08) where she had her little melt down. I don't buy it. KC was probably just vying for attention from Brandon that she knew she wasn't going to get. After all she leaves men, men don't leave her.

There was never anything in the posts between KC or Brandon that sounded like a pregnancy or miscarriage happed. He was home on leave late Dec or January '07. Why suddenly start crying about it a year & a half down the road, just because he was there? D.R.A.M.A,

Jesse was in love with KC and loved Caylee like his own. He was also a little boring for KC's fast growing party lifestyle that she wanted to acquire. Jesse would never have been able to keep KC in the manner that she wished to become accustomed to. It's too bad, with Jesse she may have found the sense of balance in her life she was lacking.

KC uses men the way some women use chocolate, it fills a need of the moment. But it isn't nutritional or long lasting. I don't think KC was ever going to be in a long term monogamous relationship because no one man could fulfill all her needs.

I would really like to know the nature of her relationship with JB. The long hours she spent at his office, calling her "my girl," the hugs at the jail, the hand holding and putting his arm around her when they leave the jail. Is it just me or is this normal lawyer/client behavior?

I recall at some point RG saying either in an interview or on NG that he had caught Casey cheating on JG with Brandon on MySpace, and I believe he has also said that he believed her to be a liar. (I'm searching for a source to cite on this.) If that's true, then I wonder if KC broke up with JG because they were on to her.

GOOD ONE! I completely forgot about this one!!!!!!! *running over to cfnews to re-read it for clues*

Seebra-First off, I find myself agreeing with everything you've posted on this thread. We are very like-minded on this issue!

Another poster, (my hero!) "butwhatif", went above and beyond to provide all of us with Casey's IM's with Iassen & Tony R. In fact her thread is titled "Casey's IM's with Iassen & Tony R (in entirety)". I printed it all out so if you need help with a quick reference, I have a paper version. No need to search outside of WS's for this info.

:blowkiss:

I am starting to rethink KC as a sociopath - although there may be many different patterns of a sociopath, kind of like cancer. Someone has cancer but there are different variances - lung, spleen, breast, etc.

KC had longer relationships and friendships than I ever did. Annie was her bf since high school. Jesse was still in her life, she constantly socialized with people from her past.

I think most of the relationships fell apart when people realized she was a liar - again, not falling apart by KC's choice, but falling apart because her friends and lovers (for lack of a better word) were "on to her".

KC wasn't moving on, those around her were moving on. EXCEPT for her parents. They put up with her and put up with her lies and deceit. Her mother constantly defended her to others and blamed others for their flaws -

Which is why I think KC had a love/hate relationship with both parents.

She still lived at home at 22 for God's sake.No job, no money except for what they gave her and what she stole. She was at the MERCY of her parents, and she despised that feeling. Without Caylee to worry about, she could be free to go from place to place as a drifter, not worried about where she would be staying every night when things got too rough at home.

She lied to make herself appear successful in other people's eyes and I HONESTLY believe she really did care what people (at least friends and potential men) thought of her.

She was disturbed by her mother's outburst when Jesse was there. Her mother made her feel worthless in front of the man she was seeing.

She could have told Tony R that she wasn't in any way going over for a booty call, but she didn't. She lied and blamed the nanny and her mom for why she couldn't come over.

Will W. - again, she could have just told him "I'm just not that into you." and let that be that - but she didn't - she made up bogus excuses.

Amy - could have told her she was lying about the house situation - but instead, she dragged it on and on giving excuse after excuse for why Amy couldn't move in.

And Tony L. - she shopped for him, cleaned for him, cooked for him, enjoyed playing little miss homnemaker for him - WHY? To keep him. Yes, I think she was desperate for love, attention, adoration and security. And sadly, Caylee did not fit into the lifestyle that KC craved so badly.

KC felt trapped in a life she did not feel was her own. She was stuck in a dead end. She was miserable, saddled down because there were times when she couldn't remain in her parents home without losing it, yet places that she could escape to, Caylee was not welcome.

And leaving without her daughter, leaving her daughter behind, was not an option that KC would consider - for she hated her parents hold on herself - they would turn her own DAUGHTER against her if they had that much influence.

Seebra, great post - I agree but I think KC had trouble making friends. At least what I call friends. Sure she texted all the time and went to bars and met guys but it appears superficial to me. I think she tried to fit in with several different groups of friends but since she didn't know who she really was, she couldn't find her place in any group and all her lies had to catch up with her sometime.

Also, I think her mother was probably constantly on her back saying something like- "find a good boy, a daddy for Caylee and settle down". I imagine CA digged at her quite a bit and KC did indeed feel trapped and inadequate. I do wonder if she had "boyfriends" earlier in her life, like middle school or junior high or was she a late bloomer?

Just my 2 cents. (if my thoughts appear jumbled, I apologize, don't post much!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back