Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

Thanks for reminding me, I still haven't finished the series entirely. I had to stop during the dinner scene where they prayed over their soup, and then Casey kept blowing on her spoon because the soup was too hot. Like, ....???? Geez.

I didn’t know this documentary existed until this weekend - just when I thought I might be safe from ever seeing CA again. Dang, this chick just doesn’t know when to quit. She beat a murder charge, and has been supported by the good graces of her defense team for over a decade. She should have left bad enough alone, and kept herself removed from public consciousness.

I figured I’d give it a chance. Despite the dramatic ‘pity-me’ music that played in the background, I hung in there until episode 3. She almost had me. Really thought she would finally say there had been a pool drowning and she covered it up. Nope. Blame it all on dad. The car that smelled like death? Easily explained. Left a bag of garbage in her car. She’s a piece of work.

Even Nancy Grace had the good sense to decline an interview for the documentary.

That says it all.

jmo
There isn't enough money that could be offered to me that would allow me to watch any documentary involving CA- for even one minute. I feel the same way about Lori Vallow and Papini- they are so repulsive, so disgusting--- even though Papini didn't murder anybody, she is just such an awful person- a manipulator and a liar to the nth degree.

Whomever is "employing" or supporting her is really being snowed. She probably goes to bed every night LOL'ing herself to sleep.
She sure is-- laughing herself to sleep- pulled the wool over all of em- ruined her father's life in the process as well-- and is living the life she always wanted---

She sure is-- laughing herself to sleep- pulled the wool over all of em- ruined her father's life in the process as well-- and is living the life she always wanted---
When I saw the photos here yesterday of Casey and a friend checking into a hotel at WDW, I wondered if Caylee had ever been to Disney World. Too bad that Caylee's selfish mother took away her right to la dolce vita that her mom enjoys now. JMO

Yesterday, I forced myself to watch Part 2, which I hadn't seen yet after being so disgusted by Part 1. I don't know if I can make it to Part 3. However, I wanted to say to anyone who believes ANYTHING she said ... note this...
Within the first thirty second of her Part 2 interview, she lies BIG. And I mean, HUGE. Personally, I believe the catalyst, or the "final straw", if you will, for this entire situation is the incident that happened the night that Cindy confronted Casey about stealing from her grandfather's assisted living account. That was June 15, 2008, the day Cindy took Caylee to see her great-grandfather, the video of her signing, and it was THAT NIGHT that Cindy had the physical altercation with Casey and threatened her with taking Caylee away, because Shirley told Cindy that day about Casey stealing all the money. That incident, I believe, is directly responsible for what Casey did the following day.
However, in the interview, she starts talking about the day Caylee 'disappeared' and prefaces it by saying, the night before I went to bed, just like a normal day .... TOTALLY BRUSHES RIGHT PAST THE ENTIRE INCIDENT!
God, my blood pressure........!!!

I’ve started watching it. What if, though, her father had something to do with Kaylee‘s death. What if he killed her while sexually abusing her and then he came up with the entire, “she drowned “. It’s obvious that he is a pathological liar, and in shock or grief and seeing her child dead in her fathers arms, she just couldn’t piece everything together right away. Maybe this is the reasonable doubt the jury saw?
I know this is an old comment so I apologize if no longer relevant. But IMO, the reasonable doubt from the jury had little to do with what Casey’s story was and everything to do with the fact that the evidence that was presented couldn’t *definitively* prove that Casey killed her daughter. Without an official cause of death, it was difficult to prove the relevance of the duct tape and whether it was used in the murder. There is also evidence that the prosecution never admitted at trial that would have been highly incriminating – like the “foolproof suffocation” google search.

I think another thing though is that CA is such a compulsive liar that it almost worked in her favor. She didn’t just lie to cover her tracks; she lied about everything, including things that served her no benefit to lie about. (e.g. lying to cops about where she worked) IMO, that makes it harder to objectively judge her motives for lying. Most people only lie when it will benefit them in some way, and it’s easier to see a pattern.

I think the jury was trying to do their due diligence in following the proper court procedures. AFAIK, at least one jury member has come out to say that they did *feel* she was guilty but that they felt the prosecution didn’t present enough evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

(MOO)

I gave up during the first episode. She makes my blood boil. To this day she still hates George so much to put the blame on him. Sorry princess, but we all know you’re the baby killer. She didn’t drown. He had nothing to do with it. I honestly think she smothered her with a pillow. And since it took so long to find her tiny remains, Casey got lucky.
Thank you!, you guys have given me the reason to not aggravate myself attempting to watch this doc. I could barely sit through the trial.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.

We have raised a little over 400 dollars.

We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

I will post when we have reached our goal.

Please do not discuss on this thread.
CLICK HERE to post any questions.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com
P.S. I will post when we have reached our goal
on this thread

Just watched it, I think the police should have investigated George, would like to go over his cell records for the day, did we have them or am I remembering that wrong, and we just had a timeline of his movements? So many unanswered questions in this case and I certainly do not think he is innocent in this .. does everyone remember his 'hamburger' comment after viewing the ultrasound? He's not right IMO.

Just watched it, I think the police should have investigated George, would like to go over his cell records for the day, did we have them or am I remembering that wrong, and we just had a timeline of his movements? So many unanswered questions in this case and I certainly do not think he is innocent in this .. does everyone remember his 'hamburger' comment after viewing the ultrasound? He's not right IMO.
There is NO way he would have done anything to Caylee or cover up for his daughter.

He clearly clearly loved his granddaughter

I never faulted George or Cindy for anything, because people will say and do lots of crazy things when they've been under that much pressure. Not knowing where Caylee's body was, not being able to trust anything Casey said.. it would send a lot of folks into the asylum and I'm halfway there already.
As far as what Casey is saying now... I have no desire to see or hear from her. She lives on lies in her own deluded personality. Nothing she could do would tempt me to buy her b.s.

I never faulted George or Cindy for anything, because people will say and do lots of crazy things when they've been under that much pressure. Not knowing where Caylee's body was, not being able to trust anything Casey said.. it would send a lot of folks into the asylum and I'm halfway there already.
As far as what Casey is saying now... I have no desire to see or hear from her. She lives on lies in her own deluded personality. Nothing she could do would tempt me to buy her b.s.
Ditto

Has anyone ever read the ebook Everything You Didn't Know About the Casey Anthony Trial. This will be the unpopular opinion, but I never felt that she was alone in this. I actually don't think Caylee's death was intentional, but that does not excuse any of her actions after the fact. I think George knew what the deal was from the beginning. I also think that George and Casey were terrified of telling Cindy more so than the police. Like I said her actions, her lies, were unacceptable, but I don't think she was alone in covering the death up. As far as Cindy goes, at one time I thought that she knew the truth, and it would not shock me if she did, but I'm iffy on that.

The documentary was also pushing the theory that George testified against her to frame her. They were interviewing Tony Lazzaro's roommates individually. Both suspect Casey and then the interviewer drops the bombshell that George told people it was an accident, but tried to have her put to death. They were both blown away and thought George was suspicious.

Just lies and propaganda.

I recently viewed Judge Perry's comments on the case following the December 2022 release of the docuseries. I was curious and managed to watch the third episode which featured interviews with two of Tony L's roommates. Big mistake -- I saw more than enough!

I was absolutely appalled at how the producers (likely under the direction of CA) manipulated these two men with false information on how George testified before the Grand Jury that was seeking the death of his daughter!

First and foremost, the Grand Jury doesn't determine whether or not the State Prosecutor will seek punishment by death, and second, George appeared before the grand jury under the Order of a subpoena.

And attention Casey, et, al: in Florida state, lying to a grand jury is perjury, a felony, and considered a serious crime against the entire justice system, given that lying under oath compromises the authority and integrity of the courts.

So, no, presenting to the friends that by answering his subpoena, George was somehow secretly working in concert with the State to put Casey to death was complete and utter nonsense. MOO

Please note the relevant timeline below:

Timeline​

August 9, 2005 - Casey Anthony, 19, gives birth to a daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. The identity of Caylee’s father has not been publicly revealed.

June 16, 2008 - Caylee is reportedly seen alive for the last time.

July 15, 2008 - Casey’s mother, Cindy Anthony, reports that Caylee is missing.

July 16, 2008 - Anthony is arrested for child neglect, giving false statements and obstruction. She tells police her daughter vanished after she left her with a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, who has also disappeared.

July 17, 2008 - Officers search Anthony’s car and a cadaver dog picks up the scent of human decomposition.

August 27, 2008 - Authorities say an air sample test from Anthony’s car indicate there were human remains in the trunk.

October 14, 2008 - A grand jury indicts Anthony on capital murder and other charges. She pleads not guilty.

[December 5, 2008 - the state's attorney's office filed court papers indicating that prosecutors would not seek the death penalty in connection with the first-degree murder case, citing "It is not in the best interest of the people of the state of Florida to pursue the death penalty as a potential sentence."]

December 11, 2008 - Skeletal remains are found in a wooded area near the Anthony home by a utility worker.

December 19, 2008 - Authorities announce the remains have been identified as Caylee Anthony.

April 13, 2009 - Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty, reversing an earlier decision not to pursue capital punishment.

April 2010 - The original judge assigned to the case, Stan Strickland, recuses himself and is replaced by Judge Belvin Perry Jr.

May 9, 2011 - Jury selection begins.

May 24, 2011 - The prosecution and defense deliver opening statements in an Orlando courthouse.

June 6, 2011 - Forensic expert Arpad Vass testifies that the only plausible explanation for the odor in Anthony’s car trunk is the presence of a decomposing human body.

June 9, 2011 - Anthony becomes ill and Judge Perry calls the court into recess for the day.

June 15, 2011 - The prosecution rests.

June 30, 2011 - The defense rests. Anthony does not testify.

July 5, 2011 - The seven women and five men of the jury deliberate for 10 hours and 40 minutes before coming back with a verdict of not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter of a child. Anthony is found guilty of four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

July 7, 2011 - Anthony is sentenced to four years in jail with credit for time served. She is also fined $1,000 for each count.

July 17, 2011 - Anthony is released from jail.

August 11, 2011 - A report is released by Florida’s Department of Children and Families concluding that Anthony is responsible for the death of her daughter. The report says, “The actions or the lack of actions by the alleged perpetrator ultimately resulted or contributed in the death of the child.”

September 15, 2011 - Judge Perry rules that Anthony owes authorities nearly $98,000 for the costs of investigating Caylee’s disappearance. Days later, he orders her to pay an additional $119,822.25 to the police, bringing the total to more than $217,000.

June 12, 2012 - In an exclusive interview with CNN, Anthony tells host Piers Morgan that she didn’t kill Caylee and says, “I’ve never been a party girl. I don’t drink now. I’ve probably had a handful of beers since I’ve been on probation…The caricature of me that is out there, it couldn’t be further from the truth.”

January 25, 2013 - An appeals court throws out two of Anthony’s convictions for providing false information to law enforcement. The same day as the ruling, Anthony files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. She claims to have almost $800,000 in liabilities, with just $1,000 in assets, including cash on hand and personal property.

Florida judge shares new details surrounding Casey Anthony Trial​

Premiered Sep 15, 2023 Florida's Fourth Estate
Over 12 years ago, Casey Anthony walked out of the Orange County jail a free woman. Much of the country watched her murder trial play out on live TV, including the moment the jury found her not guilty, but there were some things happening behind the scenes that you didn't see.

12/3/2022

In the years since her acquittal, the once "most hated woman in America" has mostly stayed out of the spotlight.

That was until the release of a new three-part documentary series that aired on Peacock this week, Casey Anthony: Where the Truth Lies.

The docuseries marks the first time Anthony has spoken to the media since her shocking acquittal.

In the series, she once again accuses her father of being involved in Caylee's death and alleges he sexually abused her as a child.

Perry called the claims the "same old cr*p", and said they were "not very believable."

Refusing to speculate on what he believes happened, Perry said: "There are plenty of theories as to what happened. The prosecution’s argument of who would ‘make an accident look like a murder’ was compelling.

I’ve started watching it. What if, though, her father had something to do with Kaylee‘s death. What if he killed her while sexually abusing her and then he came up with the entire, “she drowned “. It’s obvious that he is a pathological liar, and in shock or grief and seeing her child dead in her fathers arms, she just couldn’t piece everything together right away. Maybe this is the reasonable doubt the jury saw?
All things considere, during her time that day phone records show her trying to call both George and Cindy… hence she was alone when whatever happened happened

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back