Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

I don't get how you guys can stomach it. I don't want to look at her face or hear her stupid voice ever again. I'd rather just read a summary of what she said secondhand and even that makes me angry.

Hopefully she goes away again after this. For good this time.

I will help with the summary. I used to be a member back in the day, but I was mostly a lurker and forgot my user name so forgive this newbie for barging in.

It is mostly the same we've heard before.

Newish stuff (at least to me):

She now says Baez lied about the accidental drowning. It was not an accident. The ladder was up. George was probably molesting Caylee and either killed her to keep her quiet or accidentally smothered Caylee with a pillow. Says George would smother Casey when he was molesting her. The documentary leans on the George is a pedophile theory hard.

Of course no one points out that Jose Baez said in his book that he got the accidental drowning story from Casey. Baez was not involved and could not refute Casey on camera.

Similar story about not finding Caylee and George bringing Caylee's wet body to her and saying it is Casey's fault. George takes Caylee away and Casey assumes everything would be fine. She assumed George kidnapped Caylee during the 31 days and they remained in contact with George reassuring her Caylee was okay. She assumed Caylee was fine and I guess she believed it until the body was found. That mostly explains her bizarre behavior according to her.

She admits she lied and all of her behavior was abnormal, but she was abused blah, blah, blah. Says there is a kernel of truth to her lies lol. She obviously reads internet discussion.

Of course this conflicts with the story she is trying to tell that George is a dangerous pedophile and she didn't trust Caylee with him. That is why she made up Zanny when she would go out with Caylee before June 16. She wanted Caylee far away from George.

The story that she needed to keep Caylee away from George also conflicts with her story that she repressed the molestation memories and only uncovered them while in prison.

Other newish things is she said she was drugged and raped at a party and that is how Caylee was conceived. It is plausible, but it is version number 3.

She says she was working at a bar for cash when she was supposed to be working at Universal. The lie prior to June 16 was because she was saving up to move away and she didn't want her parents to know so she lied to everyone. She wasn't questioned on why she stole from her family or what happened to the money.

Other than that we had the defense pushing junk science, the experts saying she was fine but a victim of sexual abuse, George's affair, etc. They have on Casey's old friend who says she is a liar, but it was an accident. The inmate she wrote to in jail was featured. A blogger who believes Casey was also on. Casey reads her blog lol.

The documentary was also pushing the theory that George testified against her to frame her. They were interviewing Tony Lazzaro's roommates individually. Both suspect Casey and then the interviewer drops the bombshell that George told people it was an accident, but tried to have her put to death. They were both blown away and thought George was suspicious.

Just lies and propaganda.

I gave up during the first episode. She makes my blood boil. To this day she still hates George so much to put the blame on him. Sorry princess, but we all know you’re the baby killer. She didn’t drown. He had nothing to do with it. I honestly think she smothered her with a pillow. And since it took so long to find her tiny remains, Casey got lucky.
After watching the documentary, I also think she smothered Caylee with a pillow. I also think she did it because she was so angry with Cindy, not because she wanted to hang out with her bf or go party.

I will help with the summary. I used to be a member back in the day, but I was mostly a lurker and forgot my user name so forgive this newbie for barging in.

She now says Baez lied about the accidental drowning. It was not an accident. The ladder was up. George was probably molesting Caylee and either killed her to keep her quiet or accidentally smothered Caylee with a pillow. Says George would smother Casey when he was molesting her. The documentary leans on the George is a pedophile theory hard.

Of course no one points out that Jose Baez said in his book that he got the accidental drowning story from Casey. Baez was not involved and could not refute Casey on camera.

Similar story about not finding Caylee and George bringing Caylee's wet body to her and saying it is Casey's fault. George takes Caylee away and Casey assumes everything would be fine. She assumed George kidnapped Caylee during the 31 days and they remained in contact with George reassuring her Caylee was okay. She assumed Caylee was fine and I guess she believed it until the body was found. That mostly explains her bizarre behavior according to her.

She admits she lied and all of her behavior was abnormal, but she was abused blah, blah, blah. Says there is a kernel of truth to her lies lol. She obviously reads internet discussion.

Of course this conflicts with the story she is trying to tell that George is a dangerous pedophile and she didn't trust Caylee with him. That is why she made up Zanny when she would go out with Caylee before June 16. She wanted Caylee far away from George.

The story that she needed to keep Caylee away from George also conflicts with her story that she repressed the molestation memories and only uncovered them while in prison.

Other newish things is she said she was drugged and raped at a party and that is how Caylee was conceived. It is plausible, but it is version number 3.

She says she was working at a bar for cash when she was supposed to be working at Universal. The lie prior to June 16 was because she was saving up to move away and she didn't want her parents to know so she lied to everyone. She wasn't questioned on why she stole from her family or what happened to the money.

Other than that we had the defense pushing junk science, the experts saying she was fine but a victim of sexual abuse, George's affair, etc. They have on Casey's old friend who says she is a liar, but it was an accident. The inmate she wrote to in jail was featured. A blogger who believes Casey was also on. Casey reads her blog lol.

The documentary was also pushing the theory that George testified against her to frame her. They were interviewing Tony Lazzaro's roommates individually. Both suspect Casey and then the interviewer drops the bombshell that George told people it was an accident, but tried to have her put to death. They were both blown away and thought George was suspicious.

These are not just regular ol' lies: these are pathological sickening vile lies -- she lies about every single thing one can lie about --she is a habitual pathological liar and her lies have ruined her parents' lives-- and yet Cindy, who supposedly loved Caylee more than anything in the world, lied on the stand, perjured herself to save her good for nothing murdering daughter.

I finally figured out the WHY, y’all. It wasn’t because she wanted her Bella vita life. Or that she didn’t want to be a mom anymore because guess what.. she wasn’t a mom. And she was able to go party all she wanted. Why? Because George and Cindy were Caylee’s true parents. They provided her everything she could ever want or need. George and Cindy loved Caylee more than they loved Casey. From the moment little one was born, Casey was shoved to the side. Didn’t we hear that Cindy threatened many times to take away Casey’s parental rights? Even on one 911 call she told Casey they’d go to court. She killed Caylee to get back at her parents. She was jealous Caylee had the love she craved from G and C. What would hurt her parents the most? Caylee being gone where they couldn’t have her. She thought she’d get away with it until the car incident. George loved Caylee more than life itself.. hence when he tried to kill himself in that motel. She was and still is a selfish who only cares about what benefits her. She has no remorse. She doesn’t miss that little girl. She’s sad and crying because she will always be known as a baby killer who threw her dad under the bus.
Thank you! IMHO I have ALWAYS felt that hurting her parents was the key to the case. This is a dynamic confusing family situation with multiple layers of emotional actions and issues. Thank goodness I don't have the streaming service. That way I am not tempted. CA actually makes the hair on the back of my neck raise when I see or hear her.

Excellent summary!!!

No innocent mother would just go on living her life while her tiny child was missing yet never contact police. I'm disgusted that anyone would pay someone like her to continue lying to the world. It's crazy that people have a need to give her money, make money off of her, or to believe her. It's vile. Caylee deserves justice. IMHO.

This is excellent and thank you for making the effort.

I joined this group because of that case, and I do have the streaming service, and I didn't want to watch it because it literally makes my stomach hurt to listen to her (and yes, I know what literally means. I'm eating a pepto tab right now). BUT, truth can withstand scrutiny and I wanted to hear her truth. Her truth is full of contradictions even in this 3 part series. The only way to believe her is to warp my mind -- just like you have to do when listening to liars. I believe she is lying. Facts that can't be distorted or explained away are just left out of the series. I used to believe that there was an accident and a cover up, but now I have to believe there is absolute deviance involved, and that makes me feel even sicker. You have to believe either George is pure evil, or Casey is. Today I'm sorry I watched it.

No innocent mother would just go on living her life while her tiny child was missing yet never contact police. I'm disgusted that anyone would pay someone like her to continue lying to the world. It's crazy that people have a need to give her money, make money off of her, or to believe her. It's vile. Caylee deserves justice. IMHO.
It was even worse than I imagined. I knew she would lie, that much is obvious, but I thought the documentary would try to be unbiased since Peacock was affiliated with NBC. I was 100% wrong. The interviewer is clearly a Casey supporter. The doc clearly spins everything as George did it. It's completely one sided in favor of the defense with a couple of detectives to set up the story and to grill them about why they didn't investigate George. It is an absolute travesty and it may influence younger generations who aren't as familiar with the case.

This is excellent and thank you for making the effort.

I joined this group because of that case, and I do have the streaming service, and I didn't want to watch it because it literally makes my stomach hurt to listen to her (and yes, I know what literally means. I'm eating a pepto tab right now). BUT, truth can withstand scrutiny and I wanted to hear her truth. Her truth is full of contradictions even in this 3 part series. The only way to believe her is to warp my mind -- just like you have to do when listening to liars. I believe she is lying. Facts that can't be distorted or explained away are just left out of the series. I used to believe that there was an accident and a cover up, but now I have to believe there is absolute deviance involved, and that makes me feel even sicker. You have to believe either George is pure evil, or Casey is. Today I'm sorry I watched it.
You're welcome. I feel the same way. I got conned into watching it by someone shrieking "this proves Casey is innocent" and telling me to watch when I disbelieved them. I even said to them I know I'm going to regret watching it and of course I did regret it. I was seething mad while watching. I should have stopped in the middle of episode one, but I watched it all so I could be objective by seeing everything. It is 100% trash.

Sounds like such an unbiased interviewer. /s

I hope people actually do follow through with their threats and punish peacock by unsubscribing. It sounds like whoever put this together spent the whole time kissing this sociopath's feet.

Last edited:
I’ve started watching it. What if, though, her father had something to do with Kaylee‘s death. What if he killed her while sexually abusing her and then he came up with the entire, “she drowned “. It’s obvious that he is a pathological liar, and in shock or grief and seeing her child dead in her fathers arms, she just couldn’t piece everything together right away. Maybe this is the reasonable doubt the jury saw?
Nah. It was her car that smelled of death all those days later.
She was the one who came up with the elaborate story about the nanny.
She is the one who came up with the elaborate story about working at Universal and actually led officers down a hall to a non-existent office in order to stall them. She is the one who led them to the nonexistent nanny’s home.
She is the one who kept putting off her mom’s repeated questions about Caylee.
She is the one who abandoned the death car.
She is the one who initially lied to her brother before finally coming up with a story after he told her the cops weren’t going to believe her.
She is the one who got angry with her family when she was in jail because they were having a chili lunch without her.
She responded positively to her supposed rapist father when he told her loved her in a jail call and tried to get her to say where Caylee was.
She is the one who failed to ever say any of this new story to investigators after being arrested and being on trial. She failed to testify to any of this.
She is the one who partied for a month, taking gleeful photos, having a blast, while she drove around with a car that smelled like death.

It’s nonsense.

It’s also scary how easily people can fall for the lies of a personality disordered monster.

Log in or sign up to view look at the first comment,CA repeats this person's theory word for word in the documentary, the comment was made in 2016

She admitted she read things online! This is literally word for word her new excuse! Wow! just Wow! Thanks for sharing. She is such a horrible human being. I cannot imagine!

I haven’t finished the documentary, but I am thinking about all of the holes that the defense poked into the states case. I can honestly see how she was found not guilty which also means she’s not innocent. I know, but I have annoying feeling in the pit of my stomach that George is involved somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back