Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

Nah. It was her car that smelled of death all those days later.
She was the one who came up with the elaborate story about the nanny.
She is the one who came up with the elaborate story about working at Universal and actually led officers down a hall to a non-existent office in order to stall them. She is the one who led them to the nonexistent nanny’s home.
She is the one who kept putting off her mom’s repeated questions about Caylee.
She is the one who abandoned the death car.
She is the one who initially lied to her brother before finally coming up with a story after he told her the cops weren’t going to believe her.
She is the one who got angry with her family when she was in jail because they were having a chili lunch without her.
She responded positively to her supposed rapist father when he told her loved her in a jail call and tried to get her to say where Caylee was.
She is the one who failed to ever say any of this new story to investigators after being arrested and being on trial. She failed to testify to any of this.
She is the one who partied for a month, taking gleeful photos, having a blast, while she drove around with a car that smelled like death.

It’s nonsense.

It’s also scary how easily people can fall for the lies of a personality disordered monster.
I searched for caylee and never had a doubt that that little one died in the trunk of her car hence the smell of death - per Cindy - those jury members got it wrong
iMO

Ohhh boy! I can't believe Peacock gave her a platform to spew her lies! Those of us who followed the case closely at the time can see right through this. THERE WERE NO CALLS between her and George!! She has Rosie O'Donnell believing her!! Si frustrating. I read every document, watched every interview and jail visit. She's full of bologna

Im side-eyeing peacock for this mess but I will say this. I believe 2000% she killed her daughter, but the jury made the right call with her verdict.

Had the prosecution charged her with 2nd degree murder instead of first, she’d be in jail for life, where she belongs. It’s a shame the state went for a home run when all they needed was an RBI.

But what if there were instances before age 15 where she did engage in misconduct, but it was never reported because her family clearly has been coddling, spoiling, and enabling her for most of her life. Maybe she did things her parents never reported because they didn't want her to get into trouble. Or maybe she did things before age 15 and never got caught because she acted innocent in front of her family. I guess we'll never know. I find female sociopaths are skilled at being sneakier than male sociopaths. They can get away with more things if they put on an innocent/angelic act or manipulating others through crying.

I see some of that in Casey's jail video calls. Cussing her mom out one minute and then the next minute acting all sweet and angelic with her dad.
I seem to recall a school friend stating that Casey would do bad things as a child but her mom would never believe it.

Im side-eyeing peacock for this mess but I will say this. I believe 2000% she killed her daughter, but the jury made the right call with her verdict.

Had the prosecution charged her with 2nd degree murder instead of first, she’d be in jail for life, where she belongs. It’s a shame the state went for a home run when all they needed was an RBI.
That’s wrong. 2nd degree murder was a lesser included. So was criminal negligence. They had six options related to Caylee’s death. They chose none of them. Why? IMO because they were punitively sequestered and couldn’t take any more. ANY finding of guilt for any of the multiple lesser includeds would have resulted in a penalty phase. But they were desperate to go home.
So they only found her guilty of lying to the police, which didn’t necessitate more time sequestered.

This case is so notorious that never again has there been a case where jurors are that severely sequestered, as far as I can tell. Judges nationwide learned from it.

The jurors were totally isolated from friends and family except a brief supervised visit each Saturday or Sunday in a picnic area. Everything they read and watched was monitored/screened. They couldn’t watch news. They couldn’t socialize with anyone other than their fellow jurors. They were allowed to go on supervised outings with their fellow jurors.

But it was hell. One juror talked about looking down at the pool feeling sad that they couldn’t go in.

But what if there were instances before age 15 where she did engage in misconduct, but it was never reported because her family clearly has been coddling, spoiling, and enabling her for most of her life. Maybe she did things her parents never reported because they didn't want her to get into trouble. Or maybe she did things before age 15 and never got caught because she acted innocent in front of her family. I guess we'll never know. I find female sociopaths are skilled at being sneakier than male sociopaths. They can get away with more things if they put on an innocent/angelic act or manipulating others through crying.

I see some of that in Casey's jail video calls. Cussing her mom out one minute and then the next minute acting all sweet and angelic with her dad.
We know George and Cindy are untrustworthy sources when it came to Casey, but it would seem illogical if they talked about her stealing later on, but hid her previous behavior. The doctors also had Casey's entire school history. Danzinger even noted she was thriving (my word) and had no mental health struggles which is inconsistent with every other SA victim he has treated.

You are right though. We can never really know the truth. I think either way she is clearly antisocial and it was a mistake not to dig into a possible diagnosis even further if she was showing every other sign.

I don't think it's that. Casey was acting sweet towards her dad in those jail calls. It wasn't until she found out that her dad was going to appear as a witness for the prosecution's side that she decided to get revenge against him for that. She's been pissed at him ever since.
Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that she is livid that the thorn in her side, the one person who was remotely on to her, testified against her.

I couldn't believe Rosie O'Donnell's response, but then I watched the entire series in full. Being a sexual abuse survivor, I think O'Donnell recognised a few things to react the way she did. I went into this doco with much skepticism. Like everyone else back in 2008, it seemed "obvious" Casey Anthony was hiding something. However, I believed that something had to do with her actually killing her child, accidentally or otherwise. I'm not sure I believe that now. This series puts fourth a pretty convincing story. It all kind of reminds me of David Brown (manipulative man who used sexual abuse to control daughter).

After watching the series, IMO, it's plausible George abused or attempted abuse of Caylee, killed her accidentally, and tried to make it look like a drowning death. I think it's plausible that Casey--scared of her father and having buried (alleged) sexual abuse against her psychologically--believed he was "taking care" of everything and that she would see her daughter again if she just played it cool, or conned herself into thinking so, because she was already in too deep.

Whilst it does sound far-fetched, sexual abuse does alarmingly disturbing things to people who haven't dealt with it and begun to heal (if that is what happened). If George sexually abused her and she hadn't sorted through it, it's plausible that he would have a power over her. And, I remember being pretty naive, even at 22.

Here is George during the memorial service (specifically at 01:11 and then again at 01:45):

Here is George seeking Casey's forgiveness in 2019, much to Cindy's shock:

All that being said, at the centre of all of this, besides a deceased toddler, was Casey's lying. The police and media understandably jumped on that and most of the public (including myself) assumed lying/deception equalled murder, as it often can in homicide cases. But, I also get where the lying came from.

This makes more sense to me than a "young mom, whose night life was impeded, accidentally killing her child," especially when there was little evidence of that presented in court. Even her former best friend defended her mothering. Also, if Casey Anthony was lying now, I'd expect a different lifestyle than one where she found herself a new seemingly healthy and supportive (chosen) family, gone into therapy, etc. She is genuinely contrite and she is surrounded by people who seem to really care for her. Compare her life now to say O.J. Simpson's post-trial life. Just my thoughts. Judging from the comments thus far, I seem to be in a minority here. But, that's okay. These are just my opinions. Feel free to challenge them.

Last edited:
Quick question: could she ever be tried again?
I believe that the only way that could happen is if substantial new evidence which could point directly to her guilt was discovered. (NOT a lawyer)

I believe that the only way that could happen is if substantial new evidence which could point directly to her guilt was discovered. (NOT a lawyer)
She cannot. I think they could in theory charge her related to the disposal of the body if there are laws against that. That is technically a separate crime, but they cannot charge her with Caylee's death ever again.

We know George and Cindy are untrustworthy sources when it came to Casey, but it would seem illogical if they talked about her stealing later on, but hid her previous behavior. The doctors also had Casey's entire school history. Danzinger even noted she was thriving (my word) and had no mental health struggles which is inconsistent with every other SA victim he has treated.

You are right though. We can never really know the truth. I think either way she is clearly antisocial and it was a mistake not to dig into a possible diagnosis even further if she was showing every other sign.
I'm thinking it's possible she did engage in bad conduct as a kid but maybe she was never caught. Maybe she shoplifted a few times and nobody found out. Or perhaps other kids got punished for her bad deeds after pointing the finger. We can never really know the truth like you said.

Last edited:
I thought of another inconsistency in the documentary.

Casey claims she was afraid of her abusive dad George and trusted him to "take care of" Caylee's body because she was still being brainwashed/conditioned/mind-controlled (or whatever you want to call it) by him, right? And that during those 31 days, Casey was just doing whatever her abuser instructed her to do.

Then why did she later break into his shed and steal his gas cans? Especially if she really believed Caylee was still alive and kept hidden by George at that time? Who would piss off the abuser who has your daughter? Why do something that would provoke the abuser? Isn't she worried about him finding out about the stealing and then hurting Caylee for it? It makes no sense.

That’s wrong. 2nd degree murder was a lesser included. So was criminal negligence. They had six options related to Caylee’s death. They chose none of them. Why? IMO because they were punitively sequestered and couldn’t take any more. ANY finding of guilt for any of the multiple lesser includeds would have resulted in a penalty phase. But they were desperate to go home.
So they only found her guilty of lying to the police, which didn’t necessitate more time sequestered.

This case is so notorious that never again has there been a case where jurors are that severely sequestered, as far as I can tell. Judges nationwide learned from it.

The jurors were totally isolated from friends and family except a brief supervised visit each Saturday or Sunday in a picnic area. Everything they read and watched was monitored/screened. They couldn’t watch news. They couldn’t socialize with anyone other than their fellow jurors. They were allowed to go on supervised outings with their fellow jurors.

But it was hell. One juror talked about looking down at the pool feeling sad that they couldn’t go in.
Yeah. I have no pity or sympathy for them.

I couldn't believe Rosie O'Donnell's response, but then I watched the entire series in full. Being a sexual abuse survivor, I think O'Donnell recognised a few things to react the way she did. I went into this doco with much skepticism. Like everyone else back in 2008, it seemed "obvious" Casey Anthony was hiding something. However, I believed that something had to do with her actually killing her child, accidentally or otherwise. I'm not sure I believe that now. This series puts fourth a pretty convincing story. It all kind of reminds me of David Brown (manipulative man who used sexual abuse to control daughter).

After watching the series, IMO, it's plausible George abused or attempted abuse of Caylee, killed her accidentally, and tried to make it look like a drowning death. I think it's plausible that Casey--scared of her father and having buried (alleged) sexual abuse against her psychologically--believed he was "taking care" of everything and that she would see her daughter again if she just played it cool, or conned herself into thinking so, because she was already in too deep.

Whilst it does sound far-fetched, sexual abuse does alarmingly disturbing things to people who haven't dealt with it and begun to heal (if that is what happened). If George sexually abused her and she hadn't sorted through it, it's plausible that he would have a power over her. And, I remember being pretty naive, even at 22.

Here is George during the memorial service (specifically at 01:11 and then again at 01:45):

All that being said, at the centre of all of this, besides a deceased toddler, was Casey's lying. The police and media understandably jumped on that and most of the public (including myself) assumed lying/deception equalled murder, as it often can in homicide cases. But, I also get where the lying came from.

This makes more sense to me than a "young mom, whose night life was impeded, accidentally killing her child," especially when there was little evidence of that presented in court. Even her former best friend defended her mothering. Also, if Casey Anthony was lying now, I'd expect a different lifestyle than one where she found herself a new seemingly healthy and supportive (chosen) family, gone into therapy, etc. She is genuinely contrite and she is surrounded by people who seem to really care for her. Compare her life now to say O.J. Simpson's post-trial life. Just my thoughts. Judging from the comments thus far, I seem to be in a minority here.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the documentary but all I see is a big fat liar still trying come up with a palatable story and to shift all blame away from herself.

What I've heard of her story makes zero sense and it all comes back to her doing all the lying and covering up for that month she failed to report her daughter missing and her car, not George's reeking of death.

Also it looks to me that George decided to "forgive her" right after he got in a serious accident. Maybe he was feeling extremely vulnerable at the time. I doubt he's happy with her right now

Last edited:

This makes more sense to me than a "young mom, whose night life was impeded, accidentally killing her child," especially when there was little evidence of that presented in court. Even her former best friend defended her mothering. Also, if Casey Anthony was lying now, I'd expect a different lifestyle than one where she found herself a new seemingly healthy and supportive (chosen) family, gone into therapy, etc. She is genuinely contrite and she is surrounded by people who seem to really care for her. Compare her life now to say O.J. Simpson's post-trial life. Just my thoughts. Judging from the comments thus far, I seem to be in a minority here. But, that's okay. These are just my opinions. Feel free to challenge them.
Yeah I don’t think Caylee’s death was remotely accidental. I think she purposefully killed her and then decided to try to make it look like an accidental drowning. But then decided not to because she was afraid of what might be found in or on Caylee to point toward murder - like chloroform or signs of suffocation, etc.

Casey was the queen and the princess of her family. She stole from that family. They covered for her.

Caylee replaced her. And that bothered her. Then she began lying about working so she could leave Caylee with her parents. Over and over she lied. “Oh I’ve been called into work. Etc.”

There were a ton of arguments and tension between her and her parents in the weeks leading up to Caylee’s death. Her mom threatened to get a guardianship of Caylee because she was being dumped on the grandparents so much.

A crucial part of the motivation, in my mind, is that the guy Casey was seeing stated, according to what she told a friend, that he said he didn’t want Caylee around. His place wasn’t for children. And that he didn’t want kids but if he had one he would want a boy.

He wasn’t asked about that much during trial and he did seem to indicate he liked Caylee and didn’t mind her around. But any young man wouldn’t want to think they’re the motivation for a toddler’s death.

The bottom line is that computer records show someone was looking up “fool proof suffocation” the day Caylee went missing, on the family computer. It was searched using the browser that Casey favored. Right after that search, the browser visited MySpace. Casey used that social media. Her father did not.

Someone also looked up “how to make chloroform” in the days leading up to Caylee’s disappearance. Casey’s mom testified that she herself did it, mistakenly misspelling “chlorophyll”. And if anyone believes that, I have a bridge to sell them.

Casey drove around in a car that smelled of death. For weeks. Caylee’s remains were found to have high levels of chloroform.

Casey came up with inexplicable lies in response to her parents and friends constant questioning about where Caylee was. She made up email addresses and fake communications from bosses to excuse why she wasn’t there. She made a fake babysitter. Her lies were elaborate and repeated. Of course lies alone don’t equal murder. But as I am showing, there was much more.

Her interactions with her father post arrest were mostly positive. He seemed to plead with her in a jail call that they would watch Caylee whenever she wanted them to. I felt like her parents knew deep down that she had killed their grandchild because she wanted to be free of the burden, but they held onto a sliver of hope - “Give us another chance and we will do whatever you want.”

At the funeral, the guilt about pressing Casey, trying to hold her accountable, refusing to be her unpaid babysitter while she enjoyed her youth- that bubbled to the surface, IMO. They knew it was the cause of Caylee’s death. I’m sure they would do anything to reverse it and give Casey whatever she wanted. (Side note, I’m dealing with something slightly similar with the mother of a nephew of mine. Everyone wants to force her to spend time with the baby and care for him. I am arguing that forcing that can backfire spectacularly: “People kill their kids sometime when they don’t want to care for them”.)

Something causes a person to become personality disordered and I think Casey is. That can be abuse. But I believe her mother was a devouring narcissist who demanded that her children mirror her and behave perfectly, while defending them vigorously and angrily when anyone outside the house ever made any claims that they behaved badly. That can also cause a personality disorder.

From what I recall, her mother was both demanding and hyper critical of her children while also absolutely refusing to admit they could do anything wrong to others. She made excuse after excuse for Casey in particular.

The sense I got is that dad was more of a spoiler when they were young but got angry with Casey when she got older and started dumping Caylee on them while stealing from family. It was then that her lies became something they could not ignore or deny.

There’s is no evidence of repeated calls between Casey and her father during the time Caylee was missing. Nothing to indicate he was guiding her lies as she suggests. She was not home during that time. Her whereabouts during that time were pretty much accounted for, from what I recall.

The fact that she has the support of her defense team does not convince me of her innocence. She was their meal ticket. She caused them riches. They owe her a lot, in a sense.

The story she is coming up with now is far fetched and there is no basis in fact or evidence to support it, IMO.

But she’s a practiced liar. I’m not surprised that she’s convincing people with her crocodile tears.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back