Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

Casey was the queen and the princess of her family. She stole from that family. They covered for her.

Caylee replaced her. And that bothered her. Then she began lying about working so she could leave Caylee with her parents. Over and over she lied. “Oh I’ve been called into work. Etc.”

There were a ton of arguments and tension between her and her parents in the weeks leading up to Caylee’s death. Her mom threatened to get a guardianship of Caylee because she was being dumped on the grandparents so much.

A crucial part of the motivation, in my mind, is that the guy Casey was seeing stated, according to what she told a friend, that he said he didn’t want Caylee around. His place wasn’t for children. And that he didn’t want kids but if he had one he would want a boy.

He wasn’t asked about that much during trial and he did seem to indicate he liked Caylee and didn’t mind her around. But any young man wouldn’t want to think they’re the motivation for a toddler’s death.

The bottom line is that computer records show someone was looking up “fool proof suffocation” the day Caylee went missing, on the family computer. It was searched using the browser that Casey favored. Right after that search, the browser visited MySpace. Casey used that social media. Her father did not.

Someone also looked up “how to make chloroform” in the days leading up to Caylee’s disappearance. Casey’s mom testified that she herself did it, mistakenly misspelling “chlorophyll”. And if anyone believes that, I have a bridge to sell them.

Casey drove around in a car that smelled of death. For weeks. Caylee’s remains were found to have high levels of chloroform.

Casey came up with inexplicable lies in response to her parents and friends constant questioning about where Caylee was. She made up email addresses and fake communications from bosses to excuse why she wasn’t there. She made a fake babysitter. Her lies were elaborate and repeated. Of course lies alone don’t equal murder. But as I am showing, there was much more.

Her interactions with her father post arrest were mostly positive. He seemed to plead with her in a jail call that they would watch Caylee whenever she wanted them to. I felt like her parents knew deep down that she had killed their grandchild because she wanted to be free of the burden, but they held onto a sliver of hope - “Give us another chance and we will do whatever you want.”

At the funeral, the guilt about pressing Casey, trying to hold her accountable, refusing to be her unpaid babysitter while she enjoyed her youth- that bubbled to the surface, IMO. They knew it was the cause of Caylee’s death. I’m sure they would do anything to reverse it and give Casey whatever she wanted. (Side note, I’m dealing with something slightly similar with the mother of a nephew of mine. Everyone wants to force her to spend time with the baby and care for him. I am arguing that forcing that can backfire spectacularly: “People kill their kids sometime when they don’t want to care for them”.)

Something causes a person to become personality disordered and I think Casey is. That can be abuse. But I believe her mother was a devouring narcissist who demanded that her children mirror her and behave perfectly, while defending them vigorously and angrily when anyone outside the house ever made any claims that they behaved badly. That can also cause a personality disorder.

From what I recall, her mother was both demanding and hyper critical of her children while also absolutely refusing to admit they could do anything wrong to others. She made excuse after excuse for Casey in particular.

The sense I got is that dad was more of a spoiler when they were young but got angry with Casey when she got older and started dumping Caylee on them while stealing from family. It was then that her lies became something they could not ignore or deny.

There’s is no evidence of repeated calls between Casey and her father during the time Caylee was missing. Nothing to indicate he was guiding her lies as she suggests. She was not home during that time. Her whereabouts during that time were pretty much accounted for, from what I recall.

The fact that she has the support of her defense team does not convince me of her innocence. She was their meal ticket. She caused them riches. They owe her a lot, in a sense.

The story she is coming up with now is far fetched and there is no basis in fact or evidence to support it, IMO.

But she’s a practiced liar. I’m not surprised that she’s convincing people with her crocodile tears.

Good point about how she was dumped. The whole story is ridiculous and sounds as elaborate as the rest of the lies Casey told.

“My dad AND my brother molested me. But I didn’t remember it. However I guarded Caylee against my dad by sleeping with my back against the door. Although I left Caylee with my mom and/or dad alone, on MULTIPLE occasions while I partied. Then my dad got ahold of Caylee while I was home, and somehow not guarding her. And he abused her. Then he killed her to somehow cover it up. Because that makes sense. It’s easier to cover up the murder of a three year old than the molestation of a three year old. Even though he somehow covered up his molestation of me for years.
After that, he took her body and left. But I thought she was still alive. My car started to smell like a dead body though, like something had been in the trunk for days. And I was driving that car around at the time.
I didn’t know where Caylee was but my dad kept telling me she was okay. And although he’s a molester, I believed him. So I partied. Danced on tables. Screwed my boyfriend. Stayed at his house. Lied to everyone. Made up a nanny. Kept avoiding my mom.

But the car really, really smelled. Super bad. So I finally decided to abandon it. That’s when my mom called the cops. And I went home. And lied to my mom. Lied to my brother. And lied to the cops, LARPING a position with my own office at Universal. I did all of this, not knowing where my precious daughter was but wanting to protect her and my molester.

I kept this up for months. Even after I was arrested for child neglect. Even after I was bailed out and awaiting trial. And staying with my abusive father. Even after I was arrested again.”

Her story is ridiculous.
Bravo.

This is my question too.

If George killed Caylee, being former LE why on earth would he think the way to dispose of her body was to stick it in a trunk?

Why would he choose Casey's trunk?

This case put Jose Baez on the map. He was nobody and nothing career wise until he met Casey; and he certainly got a Hail Mary when the embarrassing Pinellas 12 with their lamentable CSI obsession pretended there wasn't enough evidence to convict. There was mountains of evidence.

I'm dismayed there's enough ignorance about this case this soon to convince anyone.

I watched it beginning to end. Nothing is new. There is no new evidence or claims. The only thing new is this was a film production carefully crafted to present Casey's point of view and to elicit sympathy for Casey alone.

Few people who arrived at the conclusion that she is guilty after watching the original trial and saw the evidence will have their minds changed.

Even if you believe her version she still tells obvious lies that were disproven in court. She can't help it. Her story is also nonsensical.

Last edited by a moderator:
She admitted she read things online! This is literally word for word her new excuse! Wow! just Wow! Thanks for sharing. She is such a horrible human being. I cannot imagine!
But yey she still has not watched her own child’s funeral online until the documentary? That wasn’t important enough to her?

But yey she still has not watched her own child’s funeral online until the documentary? That wasn’t important enough to her?
"I sleep pretty good at night"... said in the same article years ago which first talked about this documentary "being pitched"; which people told me (and others) had to be a joke; because surely no one would want to see it...

moral of the story: with enough passage of time, some people will try anything.

I have peacock(comes free with comcast) and so I put myself through watching Casey lie through her teeth for 3 whole episodes. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, has changed with Casey. The lying and throwing any and everyone under the bus whilst angrily throwing any lie at the wall and seeing which one will stick is still everpresent! Her dad molested her and she only realized that in jail but somehow she was pretending to have a nanny for YEARS before jail because she didn't want Caylee left home alone with dad who would surely molest her. What?!

Nothing that comes out of Casey's mouth is truthful. She had 10 years to come up with a better lie and this is what she comes up with? A lie no one who actually experienced this case would believe even with those overdone ridiculous facial expressions. Casey, the girl who worked at Universal taking photos of people on the rides under a contractor now walks around with a camera around her neck with an arrogant attitude like she has never done a thing wrong in her life.
She stole thousands of dollars from friends and family, including stealing money from her dying grandfather. She lied to Jessie about him being the father of Caylee and then left him because he loved that little girl too much. She lied about her grades, she got dressed daily and went to a job that didn't exist with a fiance that didn't exist who had a nanny that didn't exist. She slept in the bed with men with her daughter. she never wanted Caylee and she finally had enough of being a half butt mom. But, oh that was all learned behavior from Dad!

Whatever Casey. People who were there still remember. You made those searches and then immediately went to YOUR myspace account and logged in. You were seen by a schoolmate in the same area that Caylee was found during those 31 days just standing around. Your car is the one that smelled of decomposition not pizza or garbage and even you texted that a squirrel was dead inside so you knew that it smelled of death. You killed Caylee and you will never take a bit of responsibility for it.

I have peacock(comes free with comcast) and so I put myself through watching Casey lie through her teeth for 3 whole episodes. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, has changed with Casey. The lying and throwing any and everyone under the bus whilst angrily throwing any lie at the wall and seeing which one will stick is still everpresent! Her dad molested her and she only realized that in jail but somehow she was pretending to have a nanny for YEARS before jail because she didn't want Caylee left home alone with dad who would surely molest her. What?!

Nothing that comes out of Casey's mouth is truthful. She had 10 years to come up with a better lie and this is what she comes up with? A lie no one who actually experienced this case would believe even with those overdone ridiculous facial expressions. Casey, the girl who worked at Universal taking photos of people on the rides under a contractor now walks around with a camera around her neck with an arrogant attitude like she has never done a thing wrong in her life.
She stole thousands of dollars from friends and family, including stealing money from her dying grandfather. She lied to Jessie about him being the father of Caylee and then left him because he loved that little girl too much. She lied about her grades, she got dressed daily and went to a job that didn't exist with a fiance that didn't exist who had a nanny that didn't exist. She slept in the bed with men with her daughter. she never wanted Caylee and she finally had enough of being a half butt mom. But, oh that was all learned behavior from Dad!

Whatever Casey. People who were there still remember. You made those searches and then immediately went to YOUR myspace account and logged in. You were seen by a schoolmate in the same area that Caylee was found during those 31 days just standing around. Your car is the one that smelled of decomposition not pizza or garbage and even you texted that a squirrel was dead inside so you knew that it smelled of death. You killed Caylee and you will never take a bit of responsibility for it.
Didn't extended family members also testify that when Casey was like 7 months up the spout, they told Cindy that Casey had to be pregnant and Cindy hotly lied and chewed them out?

Didn't extended family members also testify that when Casey was like 7 months up the spout, they told Cindy that Casey had to be pregnant and Cindy hotly lied and chewed them out?
I remember that, and Casey's tale about who Caylee's father allegedly was. He had conveniently died in a car accident, but didn't really exsist, like Xanny the Nanny.

Yes. I think it was a wedding that the Anthony's attended. And when asked if Casey was pregnant they denied it and said she was having 'lady problems'. The photos from said wedding are hilarious knowing the backstory and the gall of the Anthony family.

Yes. I think it was a wedding that the Anthony's attended. And when asked if Casey was pregnant they denied it and said she was having 'lady problems'. The photos from said wedding are hilarious knowing the backstory and the gall of the Anthony family.
Also some story about check kiting and/or stealing off friends, and blaming it on the friends?

Also some story about check kiting and/or stealing off friends, and blaming it on the friends?
Yes her friend amy let her borrow her vehicle while the friends went on a trip and Casey got into her checkbook while she was gone and made multiple purchases at target emptying out her account. She realized this after Cindy. Anthony got in contact with Amy and told her how much of a liar and a thief Casey was. She also remembered a time where she had Casey over her house overnight and some money came up missing and Casey told her that she saw her sleepwalking and going to get her money. Talk about being a habitual liar.

Yes her friend amy let her borrow her vehicle while the friends went on a trip and Casey got into her checkbook while she was gone and made multiple purchases at target emptying out her account. She realized this after Cindy. Anthony got in contact with Amy and told her how much of a liar and a thief Casey was. She also remembered a time where she had Casey over her house overnight and some money came up missing and Casey told her that she saw her sleepwalking and going to get her money. Talk about being a habitual liar.
Thanks!! I think i somehow managed to totally miss and gloss over the sleepwalking saga. She's got some brass all right... do we know how long she and Amy were or stayed friends?

I wish George would sue her for slander, and he could. But he and his family would face another national new's trial nightmare. They have gone through enough. She knows that, so she can say anything she wants. And we all know that she is a pathological liar. I wish George had the strength to sue her, but I understand why he doeesn't.
Sounds like a good defamation case to me.

I watched episode 1 although it took me two tries to get through it because I was so angry. It didn't take long to realize that Casey was not going to be asked any hard questions and that there would be no followup to her flimsy excuses and obvious lies. I thought about watching the rest, but after reading the comments here, I don't think I'd learn anything new and just wind up getting madder at the pro Casey slant.

ALL I CAN SAY IS - NOTHING! I am speechless! This is such a load of garbage. I wonder if she believes herself. Here are just a very few things that stand out to me:
Playing Devil's advocate here, let's just say that George did find her drowned in the pool.
ONE- If George knew that Caylee was in the room with Casey and she was sick, why would he have even opened the door and shook her awake or whatever and asked her where Caylee was. Didn't he already know? AND, if he didn't know she was home why would he have been looking for her anyway?
TWO- Being Ex-LE he would have called 911 immediately and rescue and started CPR- He had no idea how long the child had been in the pool. Your immediate thought is to get help, right?
THREE- THERE WAS A POOL in the backyard. I know that if I woke up and my toddler was not where she was supposed to be, that is the FIRST place I would have run to to look for her.
FOUR- Casey sat in the yard and just cried for an unknown length of time while her dad took Caylee and what? Where? NOPE that makes no sense
FIVE- George took a soaking wet dead baby, one that was ALREADY dead mind you, then wrapped duct tape around her head mouth and face, put her in a garbage bag and drove her two miles from the house and dumped her in the woods? What would have been the point of the duct tape? ALSO- I am not sure how long one has to be deceased to leave an odor of decomposition but probably longer than the hour or so it took him to dispose of that child.
I could go on.......
I mean WTAF? How does anyone believe this load of crap? HOW IN THE WORLD did a jury NOT convict this woman? SMH

All that being said, at the centre of all of this, besides a deceased
It's ridiculous to even think George got rid of Caylees body. Being he was a xcop he would clearly dispose of her body in a much harder place so she isn't found. The way and where she was dumped shows a young stupid person in a hurry not to get caught. George could have held Cindy off from calling the cops by saying he seen Caylee if he needed more time to get rid of the body. He had 31 days.... a xcop has the knowledge to hide a body to never be found. He clearly did not dump her. Casey just lies so well that she is convincing and makes people forget about the facts and all her wrong doings. I hope everyone that watches this goes back and rereads the case threads to clear their mind of the Casey kool-aid. Rant over
Can you send me some good threads to read? I only know the very basics of this case

I didn’t know this documentary existed until this weekend - just when I thought I might be safe from ever seeing CA again. Dang, this chick just doesn’t know when to quit. She beat a murder charge, and has been supported by the good graces of her defense team for over a decade. She should have left bad enough alone, and kept herself removed from public consciousness.

I figured I’d give it a chance. Despite the dramatic ‘pity-me’ music that played in the background, I hung in there until episode 3. She almost had me. Really thought she would finally say there had been a pool drowning and she covered it up. Nope. Blame it all on dad. The car that smelled like death? Easily explained. Left a bag of garbage in her car. She’s a piece of work.

Even Nancy Grace had the good sense to decline an interview for the documentary.

That says it all.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23